What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How do you feel about Bill Walton as a color commentator?

Bill Walton as a broadcaster?

• Love Him

Votes: 59 62.8%
  • Hate Him

Votes: 35 37.2%

• Total voters
Oh, Bill was fine. Even when we are getting destroyed in our own gym, he makes me laugh every now and again and I feel a little bit better.

Didn't see the broadcast, but it sounds like he had a bad night. Comments I've read seem to go beyond prissiness of fans while watching their team get dismantled and destroyed in a game.

Walton was probably coming down from partaking in the good stuff.

Voted Love Him because my ears were already bleeding after listening to DickV blabber on the Orange vs Duke game prior.

What's everyone's favorite Walton moment?

I have a few: he did a Stanford women's game and wouldn't let Rebecca Lobo have a word in (shocking I know), he talked about Saudi Arabia/women's rights. My other was during the CU/UofA game (I think), when he said if he was told he had "one minute to live," it be at a basketball game.

Since I can't stand listening to Rebecca Lobo, I totally loved this.

Bill: "I've had an incredible timein boulder"

awkward pause

Straight man: "did that have anything to do with basketball"

silence.

Absolutely glorious.

I gave up on last night's game, but I heard this part.

I also liked when he said they really need to get the construction done on 36.

Bill Walton doing fantastic work at the Zona v. Cal game tonight. Spent time talking about how awesome Karate is as a background for a basketball player. Then mentioned that Arizona's crowd is the best in the conference "and has led the conference in attendance for 28 years." Which isn't anything great, but he followed it up with "Colorado has a similar type of crowd. They come. They come to see their team. They got let down the other night."

Good props. Wow.

Walton comparing CU crowds favorably to AZ just now during Cal game. Ok that caught me by surprise. Why thanks Bill.

Sounds like people just don't like Bill Walton when he's announcing a CU loss.

Bill Walton doing fantastic work at the Zona v. Cal game tonight. Spent time talking about how awesome Karate is as a background for a basketball player. Then mentioned that Arizona's crowd is the best in the conference "and has led the conference in attendance for 28 years." Which isn't anything great, but he followed it up with "Colorado has a similar type of crowd. They come. They come to see their team. They got let down the other night."

Good props. Wow.

I loved hearing that too. He was wearing a Colorado shirt during his Walton's World segment about the Jerry Garcia Highway. :lol:

I think he's doing the Oregon/UCLA game tonight, which could be a very interesting game.

Bill Walton was absolutely genius last night, so I will hereby change my vote to "love him". I was LOL several times. Didn't seem to know who Andrew Luck was! Called Justin Thomas Thurston and his sidekick is like the perfect straight man. "Who's Thurston"? "The guy shooting free throws!"

I think he's sometimes completely out to lunch and passes off things as facts that are opinions, but you got to love Bill Walton I say!

Bill Walton was absolutely genius last night, so I will hereby change my vote to "love him". I was LOL several times. Didn't seem to know who Andrew Luck was! Called Justin Thomas Thurston and his sidekick is like the perfect straight man. "Who's Thurston"? "The guy shooting free throws!"

I think he's sometimes completely out to lunch and passes off things as facts that are opinions, but you got to love Bill Walton I say!
My favorite part was when Pasch said, "I'm listening just not responding." Tonight's the Bill Walton regular season finale atleast. I know he did some NIT games last year, which might be the only reason I'd watch the NIT this year is if he did some games.

Also loved how he bashed the BPI. He did not play the ESPN BPi line and flat out stated that CU was in. It was great to hear. At one point he asked, what do all of these numbers on the screen mean? It was beautiful to hear him make fun of it.

If Walton's face reminds you of that...

I'm sorry. You've had a terrible life.

PM me -- I can recommend some pictorial webpages that will change your opinion.
when I look at him, I think of the word "****face"

If Walton's face reminds you of that...

I'm sorry. You've had a terrible life.

PM me -- I can recommend some pictorial webpages that will change your opinion.

Can you just post the links here so you don't get too many pm's

"This is our last telecast. My psychiatrist will send you the bill and my attorney will be in touch"- Dave Pasch to Bill Walton just now on the UCLA/UW game.

Love him or hate him, there probably isn't a better ambassador for the Pac 12 Conference, then him.

sorry this took so long. turns out my wife found and deleted the folder of bookmarks I was talking about. Then, after I found the sites, I found out that posting links to pictures of those types of ****s is a violation of the ToS. So, the only links to collections of **** photos that I was allowed to post were this and this -- based on this, I can see why Fight CU was confused.

good point. wait until I get home, I don't have those bookmarked on my work computer.

Back