What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How do you grade this CU class?

What grade do you give this CU recruiting class?

• A

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • B

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • C

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • D

Votes: 39 40.6%
  • F

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Incomplete

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters
i voted C because of grade inflation and i'm trying to be more positive. if we fill some depth needs (hope hope hope) then we're OK with this low-ranked class on a one-off basis.

obviously, we've had attrition issues over the last couple years (from out best players). that, to me, seems like an issue.

advocatus diabolis: losing Muchie and the 4 star in-state de-commits in Mister J and Spond are bad bad bad.

i'm pretty excited about the staff changes we were told about, though. he said with total sarcasm.

Once you lose the ability to recruit the best instate talent, you are dead in the water. The successful programs are built with the best instate players. D

:yeahthat:

If you can't get the best players in the state to come to your school, how exactly are you going to be able to recruit out of state?

F

As this class stands today, we are way too heavy in "athlete" type players and not enough playmakers at a specific position. I don't see anything that tells me we did anything to improve the overall team speed on either side of the ball. There is maybe one or two guys that I think have a ligit chance of seeing playing time next year.

Say what you want about the recruiting services and player rankings but this class is considered one of the worst in the Big 12, and one of the worst out of all BCS teams.

The fact that every team in the ACC including Duke has a class ranked higher should tell you all you need to know about CU's success.

At first I said a D but when I reconsider I think it's more of an F.

Worst rated class in conference can't be anything but an F. Worse than CSU definitely is an F.

So I take it all those giving it a "C", don't think that any school in the Big12 recruited a class worse than "average"?

So I take it all those giving it a "C", don't think that any school in the Big12 recruited a class worse than "average"?

Bottom of the Big 12 must be good enough. Our record is there and the administration accepts it. Now our recruiting is there and 40% of the fans accept it. With this administration, average is great, so why would they ever put things right if excellence is not demanded?

As one of the people that gave it a C, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that we aren't happy with how recruiting went this year. We took numerous guys that were plan F, M, and Z for any one particular position and that is unacceptable. Bottom of the Big 12 and behind CSU in rankings, although those can be skewed by them having a much larger class than we did, is unacceptable. What made me give it a C is: I honestly didn't think they'd be finding decent players to sign to a LOI. They exceeded my expectations. Like I posted earlier, thinking about it a little harder, I would give it a D. I think you guys are taking it a little too far assuming everyone is completely happy with the recruiting class. Nobody wants to have recruiting classes ranked 70th in the country nor does anyone feel that it is okay to go 3-9 in your coaches 4th year in the program. In fact, I'm pretty sure every staunch Hawk supporter has said at one time or another that if Hawk can't get it done this year, they want him fired. I mean, what more do you guys want? 8 months of universal, "GOD WE SUCK"?

As one of the people that gave it a C, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that we aren't happy with how recruiting went this year. We took numerous guys that were plan F, M, and Z for any one particular position and that is unacceptable. Bottom of the Big 12 and behind CSU in rankings, although those can be skewed by them having a much larger class than we did, is unacceptable. What made me give it a C is: I honestly didn't think they'd be finding decent players to sign to a LOI. They exceeded my expectations. Like I posted earlier, thinking about it a little harder, I would give it a D. I think you guys are taking it a little too far assuming everyone is completely happy with the recruiting class. Nobody wants to have recruiting classes ranked 70th in the country nor does anyone feel that it is okay to go 3-9 in your coaches 4th year in the program. In fact, I'm pretty sure every staunch Hawk supporter has said at one time or another that if Hawk can't get it done this year, they want him fired. I mean, what more do you guys want? 8 months of universal, "GOD WE SUCK"?

Nah....the negative comments will lessen as we approach spring practice. Many of us will once again build up our hopes that Hawk is the guy for the job. He will be under intense pressure to produce this year....pretty much a do or die, unless our Administration is even worse than we think.

I say and "A" grade for this class because it's the best this group of coaches can ever do. But this grade is not a reflection what the players in this class can accomplish given the right coaching.

I say and "A" grade for this class because it's the best this group of coaches can ever do. But this grade is not a reflection what the players in this class can accomplish given the right coaching.

So, what grade would they get with the right coaching?

I gave a "D", but that's on paper. I didn't like the way the class was so heavily skewed to offense. I also didn't like that there seemed to be so many risk prospects who were lightly recruited. That said, I will say that I love the tape on these guys. If the risks pan out and everyone gets into CU, this class has the potential to be an "A" or a "B" a few years down the road. Also, this class is at least a "C" if Hirschman and a RB end up being stars since those 2 positions can dramatically change the fortunes of a team/program.

So, what grade would they get with the right coaching?

Good question. If the class is compared across the board with the rest of the teams, then I would day this class ranks about a C- or a D+. But as I said, given the right coaching this class can do some damage in the B12 some day.

In fact, I'm pretty sure every staunch Hawk supporter has said at one time or another that if Hawk can't get it done this year, they want him fired.

But that's what we heard before LAST season.

Then 3-9 happened, including losses to CSU and Toledo.

Now here we go again so many saying if it happens AGAIN, for the 5th consecutive season, they want a change...as if 4 consecutive losing seasons wasn't enough?

We have allowed the pathetic tenure of Hawkins to completely diminish our expectations to the point that so many of us are now excepting obvious failure.

i was all for hawk at the beginning of the season. then the ewe game and toledo game and i bailed. the handwriting was on the wall. i was wrong. i admitted it. i will admit it again. hopefully those year 5 guys will come around after CU loses to the ewes and CU looks like a joke at Cal and at home vs UGA while getting smoked by 3 td's or more. hopefully CU sneaks by hawaii.....

Now here we go again so many saying if it happens AGAIN, for the 5th consecutive season, they want a change...as if 4 consecutive losing seasons wasn't enough?

We have allowed the pathetic tenure of Hawkins to completely diminish our expectations to the point that so many of us are now excepting obvious failure.

What would you have us do?

I was vocal about wanting Hawk fired. Not that I think he's a bad guy or anything. He simply wasn't winning, I thought we'd struggle in recruiting if he was retained, I thought fan support would suffer if he was retained, and that a new coach could re-invigorate things. Well, he was retained.

So what am I supposed to do?

Seems to me I can continually post on message boards about how much he sucks, what a mistake it was to retain him, and how CU football is hopeless... and repeat those same sentiments to everyone I know every time CU football is brought up. With that, I can be miserable this offseason and into next season.

-or-

I can turn myself off from college football and CU next year. Since I love college football, love spending Saturdays at Folsom, and love spending time on Buff message boards talking to you dickwads :)smile2:), I don't think that's a viable option for me.

-or-

With a healthy skepticism, I can focus on the positives with CU football, support the program to the best of my ability, hope that I was wrong about Hawk, find joy in being a fan wherever I can, and have hope going into next season that we'll finally turn the corner.

I choose the last option because I'd rather have a good time and don't get off on beating a dead horse.

What would you have us do?

I was vocal about wanting Hawk fired. Not that I think he's a bad guy or anything. He simply wasn't winning, I thought we'd struggle in recruiting if he was retained, I thought fan support would suffer if he was retained, and that a new coach could re-invigorate things. Well, he was retained.

So what am I supposed to do?

Seems to me I can continually post on message boards about how much he sucks, what a mistake it was to retain him, and how CU football is hopeless... and repeat those same sentiments to everyone I know every time CU football is brought up. With that, I can be miserable this offseason and into next season.

-or-

I can turn myself off from college football and CU next year. Since I love college football, love spending Saturdays at Folsom, and love spending time on Buff message boards talking to you dickwads :)smile2:), I don't think that's a viable option for me.

-or-

With a healthy skepticism, I can focus on the positives with CU football, support the program to the best of my ability, hope that I was wrong about Hawk, find joy in being a fan wherever I can, and have hope going into next season that we'll finally turn the corner.

I choose the last option because I'd rather have a good time and don't get off on beating a dead horse.

You are starting to bring me around Nik. I was set on not renewing my tix but you are right and I have to see a team in the best unis in football as much as I can regardless of record. :thumbsup:

You wanted him fired after only 3 seasons? I was pretty disappointed after the 5-7 season, but I really thought this last year was set up for a pretty decent season. After what you said, 3-9, losing to Toledo and such, I wanted him fired. I was even pretty vocal about it. Unfortunately he is our coach for the coming season, I'm taking the approach that I think he sucks, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to being proved wrong. What do you really want everyone? All the complaining and whining in the world is not going to suddenly cause Bohn to fire him sometime between now and the CSU game.

I waited a couple days to get a better view of the whole thing, and I gave it a "D". On a positive note Boise St. has not had a top 50 class in the last 5 years, maybe longer, did care to look too far back. I hope he has the kids he wants and can coach them up, and get them winning!
Sorry, trying very had to stay possitive!

C- only because they did better then i expected. I expected full on F. Probably a D+ really. I voted C, thinking I should change it. Rough year.

I gave it a D. There will be some guys in this class that will be really good players but the law of averages would predict that there will not be enough of that to make a difference. As compared to the upper part of the Big 12 that CU fell way short of what was needed to compete.

When Hawkins got here he said he was here to win MNCs - I don't here much of that talk anymore. Classes like this do not take you to the next level.

Back