What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How good can the defense be in 2014?

So Derrick Webb, a two time captain and 3 year starter at CU was 5'11 and nearly ran a 4.9 40 (4.86). Ouch

So Derrick Webb, a two time captain and 3 year starter at CU was 5'11 and nearly ran a 4.9 40 (4.86). Ouch

And people wondered how we could be giving up 40 points a game?

Some of our opponents had OL who were faster than our OLB.

Upgrading athletically at LB is a big reason why I'm optimistic about the defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging by recruiting threads, people have no issues with undersized, slow LBs.

Upgrading athletically at LB is a big reason why I'm optimistic about the defense

And this upgrade you talk about is based on what? I see no evidence that we've upgraded over Webb at this point in time with Olugbode. Pretty similar size, probably a lot faster, not as big of a hitter.

And this upgrade you talk about is based on what? I see no evidence that we've upgraded over Webb at this point in time with Olugbode. Pretty similar size, probably a lot faster, not as big of a hitter.

Webb couldn't wrap up a tackling dummy. Speed is huge in the PAC 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we traded a 5th year senior in for a 2nd year sophomore who was listed at 6'0 200 last year and it's a massive upgrade? Can't wait!

Count me as one who thinks our LBs in 2014 will be a big upgrade. We should not be able to differentiate between our safeties and some of our LBs going forward IMO.

It's not like the bar is set very high in that department

True. I just don't think a Webb for Olugbode trade will be all that great. Olugbode is probably a much better athlete, but Webb was also a captain. I'm just hoping Greer can stay healthy for once.

Back