1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Good Will CU Be Next Year? (From Hopkins' thread)

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by tante, Feb 2, 2013.

1. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Are they going to play all their games at home? That is the only way this team gets scary. If Dre isn't a leader yet, he is never going to lead the team. I hate to face it but ski is the leader of the team and when he plays out of control and erratic, so does the rest of the team.
  2. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Mar 21, 2012
    We're very young. Starting two true freshmen, in Scott and Johnson and two sophomore guards... all of whom are going to get much better next season. We'll still be young but we'll have a better mix of upperclassmen next year
  3. mattrob

mattrob Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2011
    And we should also have the depth to limit the minutes of guys who are struggling. This year, all you can do is let the starters play because there's such a drastic dropoff in talent with our bench.
  4. Hoops Fan

Hoops Fan Club Member Club Member

Sep 16, 2010
    The loss to Utah today might even be a motivator for better results than we otherwise would have gotten in the upcoming swing through Oregon. But even if it doesn't, I think that we are doing just fine. We have two redshirt freshman and three top 150 recruits coming in next year (probably redshirting one of the freshman). We have come a long way in the 2 1/2 years since Boyle took over and it is only going to get better. The team has progressed to a bubble NCAA / NIT high seed right now ... and for the most part with less experience/talent than others and a tendency to over achieve. Think about how that compares to the 10 year period before Boyle got here. As a 30 year observer, I could not be more happy with this team.