What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How hot of a seat in Embree on?

I think it would have to go lower than that to send a loud enough message that they sit up and take notice. They have already doubled down on staying with Embo so the situation would have to be absolutely embarrassing to make them reverse course. I think the attendance would have to drop to CSU levels (15K) before they would act. They don't need the attendance money, they have all the P12 money, but a major exodus of fans may have an effect.
Lowest I can remember was around 29,000 during Fairbanks last year.

I think it would have to go lower than that to send a loud enough message that they sit up and take notice. They have already doubled down on staying with Embo so the situation would have to be absolutely embarrassing to make them reverse course. I think the attendance would have to drop to CSU levels (15K) before they would act. They don't need the attendance money, they have all the P12 money, but a major exodus of fans may have an effect.
Not so sure about that.

Ticket sales and concessions account for a lot of revenue. In 2011, with an average attendance of 50,355, the CUAD made ~$9,597,430 in ticket sales revenue with an average ticket price of $30 for games against Cal, WSU, and Arizona and was $50 for the USC and Oregon games. They had an average revenue of $1,919,486/game last year before concessions and merchandise sales. Now in 2012, we only had 45,161 for the Arizona State game, which is a decrease of 4,922 people, or a loss of ~$246,000 in ticket sales. So far, the average revenue from ticket sales is $1,690,043/game and that will keep decreasing when the attendance this year falls into the low to mid 40,000's (say....43K) which is going to lead to losing a lot more potential money. And then you factor in donations decreasing and season ticket sales decreasing they'll be forced to take action, Pac 12 money or not.

My $0.02

Not so sure about that.

Ticket sales and concessions account for a lot of revenue. In 2011, with an average attendance of 50,355, the CUAD made ~$9,597,430 in ticket sales revenue with an average ticket price of $30 for games against Cal, WSU, and Arizona and was $50 for the USC and Oregon games. They had an average revenue of $1,919,486/game last year before concessions and merchandise sales. Now in 2012, we only had 45,161 for the Arizona State game, which is a decrease of 4,922 people, or a loss of ~$246,000 in ticket sales. So far, the average revenue from ticket sales is $1,690,043/game and that will keep decreasing when the attendance this year falls into the low to mid 40,000's (say....43K) which is going to lead to losing a lot more potential money. And then you factor in donations decreasing and season ticket sales decreasing they'll be forced to take action, Pac 12 money or not.

My $0.02

Good numbers. Loss ticket sales will depend on which tickets are not showing up to games. I am sure they would like to get the concession revenue from season ticket holders - but they have already gotten the seat tax (donation) and the cost of the ticket from the season ticket holder, so if they don't show up at the game it is not a huge immediate loss for the University. The loss of walk-up tickets + the loss of concession sales will be a big blow, though.

Good numbers. Loss ticket sales will depend on which tickets are not showing up to games. I am sure they would like to get the concession revenue from season ticket holders - but they have already gotten the seat tax (donation) and the cost of the ticket from the season ticket holder, so if they don't show up at the game it is not a huge immediate loss for the University. The loss of walk-up tickets + the loss of concession sales will be a big blow, though.
Good point, forgot about that. I'd wager to bet they see a significant portion of the season ticket holders who aren't going right now will be seen in the spring when they're asked to renew and for donations. The concessions and walk up tickets are huge. Think the only ones left on cubuffs.com for the UCLA game was $65 ones when I was looking at them.

I hate the idea of not going, but it is awfully hard to justify the expense anymore when there is virtualy no hope the team will be competitive. Unfortunately, I am at the point there are more entertaining things to do with my money.

Really wanted to see Embree get it done, he loves CU and this is his career. That said, think he is in the ice tub if CU hasn't changed the way they do things. If the hammer drops, I'd be shocked.

I hope it is smoking hot... time for him to go ! Not getting it done in the slightest...Ranked 159th...that is ridiculous! He should man up and step down. I think his ego is to big for that though and his future head coaching days are done at that point. CU needs a proven D1 head coach with ties to a great staff of coordinators that are also proven...The so called bricks waiting to be built back up are a fain and distant memory at this point. CU admit the experiment failed and move on immediately...Or quit football operations all together, damn....

I needed to vent - I am so freak'n tired of losing and being associated with a bunch of losers !!!

Not so sure about that.

My $0.02
The problem is that declining attendance this year won't hit revenue numbers that hard: remember a lot of the tickets have already been sold. They just won't be used. Concession revenue will take a hit, but the ticket sales revenue has a floor under it: the revenue is already collected. At least for this year.

Next year will be ugly.

Next year will be ugly. unless the Kool-Aid in the spring starts tasting good

Buffs get P Rich back, will play a redshirt freshman who's supposed to be head & shoulder better than Webb, the RBs will be one year older in the system.... maybe 4 wins but that scares me that it would be enough to keep Embree for year four-

Buffs get P Rich back, will play a redshirt freshman who's supposed to be head & shoulder better than Webb, the RBs will be one year older in the system.... maybe 4 wins but that scares me that it would be enough to keep Embree for year four-

Plus the oline should be better and everyone will be bigger and stronger due to our exceptional s&c program. :rolling_eyes:

Actually, to be fair, I do think we should be a better team next year. But obviously, that is not saying much at all.

Plus the oline should be better and everyone will be bigger and stronger due to our exceptional s&c program. :rolling_eyes:

Actually, to be fair, I do think we should be a better team next year. But obviously, that is not saying much at all.

If we catch some breaks, we could even beat CSU.

:lol: I hope the bolded is true for once.

No offense, but based on what? I remember hearing all last year how Wood looked great with the practice squad. QB is the one position where I don't think you can ever believe the hype until it's proven.

Back