What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How important is it for Mac to get a win?

I wanna win them all but good chance that doesn't happen. I don't know how important another win is, to me, it's really who we beat. If we can beat say Ucla, Utah, and Arizona, that would be big. Very tall order but that's why u play.

I wanna win them all but good chance that doesn't happen. I don't know how important another win is, to me, it's really who we beat. If we can beat say Ucla, Utah, and Arizona, that would be big. Very tall order but that's why u play.

never thought we would be at a point where winning ONE damn game would make us all feel better. Tough times, not sure when, if ever, they will get better for the buffs. There isn't a single team in the nation that is concerned about playing us.

We ****ing fought till the end!

9e74baee6356a003ec5009d4ed469734.jpg

Facts. We tied their first stringers the second half. We even took out our starters before they did.

Yikes.

i think mac 2 is a good game day coach motivator etc but the fact is you cannot possibly find enough "hidden gems" on the recruiting trail to compete in the pac 12....we need jucos and to win some recruiting battles for legit 3star at least recruits....its still going to be a long road to the middle of the pac 12

To come off a bye week and look that bad in the first quarter does not look good for this staff IMO.

A win now would be a big deal. It would be a tangible sign that we are on the right track, which will speed up the road to recovery by helping recruiting. I have read a couple posts talking about new assistants. I don't see Mac making many changes with his staff. We need one more ace recruiter that can really sell the program. I would be stoked to see CU put up the money to go out and pick up Tosh Lupoi, Ed Orgeron, or Tony Alford.
I don't think anyone is talking about wholesale changes, but rather changing out 2 or 3 assistants. I seriously doubt more than 3, and have pretty strong doubts that we'll see 3 changes. There has to be at least one change. If there isn't at least one change made (and preferably two), I think the hit to fan support will be palpable.

With zero changes, I think every level of fan lowers their support down a notch; which means that those who are already on the bottom rung of support fall away completely.

A win would be very, very, nice. We wouldn't need to pack up the tents and clean house if we don't; however, a taste of victory does wonders for morale. That said, the team has to play much better than they did against USC to have a shot.

Short answer: Important, not critical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won more PAC12 games with Embo's guys. Just sayin.
One off of a massive fluke and one with a very senior laden team....compared to one of the youngest in the country. If we weren't competiting with everyone except USC how would your describe those games?

One off of a massive fluke and one with a very senior laden team....compared to one of the youngest in the country. If we weren't competiting with everyone except USC how would your describe those games?

I didn't think we were competing with csu. When you are as bad as we are, do you think other teams give us their best game?

I don't think one win is all that important or significant in the big picture - one win is not going to change recruiting this year. I agree with Sackman that it would be good for the team psyche to have a win. It would be more significant to close with a flourish and win 3 of the last 5.

I also agree that MacIntyre has to go out and actually have his coaching be a factor in a win...We were outcoached in the USC game because our team was not ready as admitted to by the players.

If Tini ' excuses = points, we would mud hole FSU for a National Championship.
It's not excuses. We did not see an aggregate improvement in Embree's teams and he was very lucky to win that Wazzu game, and probably the Utah game. On the other hand we have seen substantial aggregate progress from Macintyre despite only winning 1 conference game. Luck wasn't the reason we should have beat Oregon State and Cal. We need to close those games out, but one coach had a lot of luck, the other is seeing progress without results at this point.

It's not excuses. We did not see an aggregate improvement in Embree's teams and he was very lucky to win that Wazzu game, and probably the Utah game. On the other hand we have seen substantial aggregate progress from Macintyre despite only winning 1 conference game. Luck wasn't the reason we should have beat Oregon State and Cal. We need to close those games out, but one coach had a lot of luck, the other is seeing progress without results at this point.

If you don't ultimately get results then you don't really have progress. Ask the McDonald's CEO today.

It is important to get a win, but I wouldn't say life or death. This is a well-coached team and is improving. Until proven otherwise, I'm chalking up USC to laying an egg. If it happens again, then I'll be concerned. Beating UCLA would be a signature win and could help with recruiting with all the LA kids watching.

Aren't we well over due for something nice/unexpected to happen on the football field? Beating the likes of OK, GA, NU, and WVU at home seems like such distant memories...

To come off a bye week and look that bad in the first quarter does not look good for this staff IMO.
Meh. I discount the USC game. I, pretty much, expected a blowout. But I do agree that the staff did a poor job getting them ready.

If you don't ultimately get results then you don't really have progress. Ask the McDonald's CEO today.

To be fair to 'Tini, I think he switches those two around. You can't get results unless you have progress. As I understand his argument "ultimately" isn't quite here yet.

I guess somewhat important, but he will be here in 2015 regardless. That is when W/L really starts to matter.

:nod: Have to get to Feb. 5th before I'll let myself get critical of MM. Hope needs to turn in to results next season.

The Oregon game will probably be similar to USC, and that's fine, just too much talent to deal with there. The Buffs need to be competitive, like still have a chance in the 4th quarter, in the other 4 games. Seeing a another win would be nice.

I'll have to see what happens with MacIntyre's contract in the offseason to "read the tea-leaves" on how warm his seat is. If George rubber stamps another extension to his contract, like he did after the 2013 season, then I would say that MacIntyre is not in any danger of being fired after 2015. As it stands, MacIntyre is under contract through December 31, 2018. If he gets another extension this offseason - pushing him to 2019 - then I think MacIntyre has at least another couple years.

Hopefully he does some serious re-evaluation of some of his assistant coaches / recruiters this offseason.

Very very narrow perspective

MacIntyre fluffer. If going winless in the conference for the first time in the history of CU football is not a step backwards, what is? If MacIntyre and his staff end-up at 1-17 in the first two years in the PAC 12, with the worst recruiting in the PAC 12 both years, it's time to move on and hire a high quality BCS offensive or defensive coordinator.

However, if they can win a single PAC 12 game this year AND improve recruiting so that we are not signing a class full of recruits with no BCS offers, the staff can quiet the skeptics like me for at least another year. Otherwise. I hope he is gone.

Are we really debating who had the more impressive 2 win season?

I will be extremely pissed if we aren't in a bowl next year. You can call me an apologist for Mac all you want, I just don't agree that everything this year is his fault.

I trust the process, will I be criticized for it? Yes.

Will I laugh at you guys when Mac has us in the top-25 again. Yes.

Our recruiting (on paper) can't get much worse, unless some of the higher rated guys change their minds. Would one more win do much to keep them in the fold? Not sure. I doubt it would magically attract a bunch of new higher rated recruits. More important than one win is staying competitive, no more USC blow-outs. Dream scenario is we find a way to two more wins, that would show we have improved AND can finish off some games heading into 2015.

Back