What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How important is it for Mac to get a win?

I will be extremely pissed if we aren't in a bowl next year. You can call me an apologist for Mac all you want, I just don't agree that everything this year is his fault.

I trust the process, will I be criticized for it? Yes.

Will I laugh at you guys when Mac has us in the top-25 again. Yes.

This "me against the world" stuff is why you catch so much grief on this board, you're acting like you're the only real fan here and that we're rooting against CU. When Mac has us back in the top 25 we'll all be stoked.

This "me against the world" stuff is why you catch so much grief on this board, you're acting like you're the only real fan here and that we're rooting against CU. When Mac has us back in the top 25 we'll all be stoked.

Not Drunk Panda.

So when are we actually having expectations for MacIntyre? First two years I understand, but at some point he needs to show he's worth his salary. He needs to make a bowl game next year. There is a ton of turnover in the Pac 12 after this year.

Last edited:
We will know if we start seeing JayMac playing a lot more. Remember when Hawks seat heated up? Cody never left the starting line-up. JK

So when are we actually having expectations for MacIntyre? First two years I understand, but at some point he needs to show he's worth his salary. He needs to make a bowl game next year. There is a ton of turnover in the Pac 12 after this year.

Are you asking yourself this question? Cause, you and Flounder are the only people on this board that have shown that there are no expectations. That is the question for a non - apologist to ask.

Are you asking yourself this question? Cause, you and Flounder are the only people on this board that have shown that there are no expectations. That is the question for a non - apologist to ask.
Really? We have no expectations yet we're the ones who expect the most wins next year? Can I have what you're smoking?

I have expectations for MacIntyre right now. Suck. The Buffs suck, and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure a change of head coach is going to alter that. It hasn't for the past 3 head coaches, at least. Before too long, Dave Logan will be the only candidate left to hire. And he will probably suck too.

I'd give MacIntyre 5 years. If he can't make a bowl game within that period of time it's time to cut him loose. I only say give him 5 years because if they want to hire ANY coach -- any GOOD coach -- they are going to have to make some showing that they will allow a coach a chance to do his thing. This firing coaches every couple years has got to stop.

Back to the original question, it's very important to get more wins this season. MacIntyre's job becomes much more difficult if the players don't get some tangible evidence that the work they're putting in and the trust they're giving the coaches is working. No more wins makes it much harder to keep them buying in over a long off-season--I'm not saying it precludes the buy-in, it just makes it much more difficult.

Looking at the schedule you may be right. The weaker teams on the schedule are all on the road except for UMASS and Nichols State. Hawaii is tough place to play.

Without knowing the other teams attrition its hard to project next season (without a **** load of research). And you also have coaching vacancies, both HCs and assistants that leave.

Its certainly possible that we could win six games. Its also possible I could sleep with Charlize Theron. Therefore, I see no reason to pick any more than 2-3 wins again. Until I do. :tini:

I don't think one win is all that important or significant in the big picture - one win is not going to change recruiting this year. I agree with Sackman that it would be good for the team psyche to have a win. It would be more significant to close with a flourish and win 3 of the last 5.

I also agree that MacIntyre has to go out and actually have his coaching be a factor in a win...We were outcoached in the USC game because our team was not ready as admitted to by the players.
To me, this is the most important thing. Mac needs to validate what he's coaching to the players. Mac needs a "learning" moment and that'll come when they do what the coaches tell 'em to do and win.

Without knowing the other teams attrition its hard to project next season (without a **** load of research). And you also have coaching vacancies, both HCs and assistants that leave.

Its certainly possible that we could win six games. Its also possible I could sleep with Charlize Theron. Therefore, I see no reason to pick any more than 2-3 wins again. Until I do. :tini:
Seriously? We play 4 OOC games, no excuse not to win those 4. In year 3 it is not unreasonable one bit to expect some conference wins and 2-3 wins would be a massive regression no matter how you slice it. There is a lot of turnover in the Pac 12 next year, specifically at QB which is the hardest position to replace.

Starters and Two Deep by Class compared to Pac 12 Average:
Senior Starters: +4.35%
Senior Two Deep: +29.73%

Junior Starters: -18.45%
Junior Two Deep: -42.86%

Sophomore Starters: 28.57%
Sophomore Two Deep: 33.33%

Freshman Starters: -7.69%
Freshman Two Deep: -3.23%

Our class balance is heavily skewed to sophomores, almost all of which will return. For the South, Arizona loses 11 senior starters and Utah loses 10 senior starters. We lose 8. Below is a graphic illustration of the starters-by-class and two deep-by-class:

Starters
egzX2XY.png

Two Deep
jwUgtGE.png

Tini - nice research on your graphs. But when I study those the youth argument goes right out the door. Several teams are starting more freshmen than we are and both Utah and Washington have similar experience profiles to the Buffs. Does the two deep numbers get added to the starters?

The only possible scenario of that occurring, that I can think of, would result in 15 years in prison.

Back