What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How is football impacting your interest in basketball?

How is football effecting your basketball fandom?

• I'm more interested in hoops (need something to cheer for)

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • I'm less interested in hoops (burnt out on CU)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I separate the two. Football doesn't impact hoops for me.

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I'm curious about what effect our football struggles are having on CU basketball.

I'm more interested in hoops this year, not because the football team sucks, but because of Tad Boyle and the returning players. I'm really hopeful that we can take the next step up in basketball.

I hate basketball, but I'll pay more attention to the basketball program now that the football team sucks eggs. I have to be proud of something associated with the athletic dept at CU. Football won't do it so long as DII Danny is here.

How the football team does has no effect on my interest level in CU basketball. The main thing that affects my interest in CU basketball is how good the team is and if they have a legit shot at getting an NCAA tournament bid.

So I have a couple correlations.

1. Football gets me excited about basketball because when football games start, basketball practices start, and games arent too far off.
2. I have been a huge CU basketball fan for a long time, but just recently (this year) I have gotten more interested in CU Football, I just wish they would give me something to root for. So I would say Basketball got me interested in CU Sports, and Football is obviously king.

So I am obviously very excited about the season, Football has little to do with it (other than hearing the fight song), I am mostly excited this year to see Tad Boyle and a possibility of having a winning team that can make some noise.

CU basketball is getting better every year. We have a possible lottery draft pick on the team and a possible 2nd round pick in Burks and Higgins.

CU basketball is getting better every year. We have a possible lottery draft pick on the team and a possible 2nd round pick in Burks and Higgins.

I think if what is shown in the highlight videos holds true on the court, I believe you will also have a very dynamic player in Shannon Sharpe, should be a really exciting backcourt, my only reservations is on our frontcourt. But with Tad's game plan, I dont think it will hurt us as much with BZ.

I have always been a huge basketball fan and supporter so football has no bearing on that. However, it is quite obvious going to the games that many students are searching for something else after the football season because they want something exciting to cheer for. There were some packed student sections and games last year and the Keg got pretty rowdy. I look forward to this season with some very exciting players on the team and a new coach. Should be a blast.

I'd be excited either way (football not sucking or sucking...so far). my Dad played some college hoops and I grew up around the game more than football. Pops started taking me to the Events Center when I was a kid....JoJo Hunter was my first fave hoops player. I prefer hoops as a game....but, football butters the bread for college sports so for me they are 50/50 at CU.

I am more excited this year than the last several because (call me a homer) but I think we might be pretty good. Wasn't 100% awe-struck with the Boyle hire though my step-dad (OU guy and a former OU walk on, longtime OU hoops donor and was Billy Tubbs' lawyer for Billy's Converse contract in the 80's) said that UNC was one of the better coached "small school" teams he's seen in a long time (when the Bears nearly beat OU last year). But, I loved the way Tad got on the recruiting trail and has said all the right things.

I was never a huge fan of the Bzdelik hire. I can see the efficacy of it and it was probably the right move at the time....but, Jeff never made me want to wrestle non-believers for money.

Last edited:
I'm a basketball fan first. Football never has and never will affect it.

We could be watching a special team come November, and I'm cautiously optimistic for this season. IMO Cory Higgins, Alec Burks, and Marcus Relphorde could prove to be a better group of players than we had with the '97 and '03 teams that made the tourney. Looking forward to blowin the roof off the foam dome this season. :thumbsup:

One doesn't really impact the other for me. I had season tickets last year, but couldn't make too many games. Looking forward to remedying that with this upcoming season. A lot of positives around the hoops team this year!

I'm a football fan and a bandwagon basketball fan. If the buffs start winning, I'll jump on. But until then...

Back