What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How Is Little Brother Doing in Recruiting?

This thread sucks.

I guess it's better than a 'how do we compare to Valor Christian's recruiting?' thread.

Burn this thread! We have Tini crunching CSU's class swap, new guys trying to not get shot and now FatBuff is offering his insider-exclusive, measured recruiting class perspective. All on a day when we land a 4*.

Burn this thread! We have Tini crunching CSU's class swap, new guys trying to not get shot and now FatBuff is offering his insider-exclusive, measured recruiting class perspective. All on a day when we land a 4*.

Awesome get. They did good with him, but one recruiting victory doesn't fix everything. Its a good start.

Yup I'm sorry. I've read this board for years and finally decided to post and I get crucified. Shows you that it just doesn't pay to have an opinion on here.

always pays to have an opinion, jsut appreciate some wont like it and that they will either be dumber or smarter than you.

Yup I'm sorry. I've read this board for years and finally decided to post and I get crucified. Shows you that it just doesn't pay to have an opinion on here.

I actually thought the thread you started was just fine for discussion. I always like to know how CSU is doing because I root for them, except for the game against us. I was simply posting that I didn't like this thread because people starting comparing our recruiting to theirs. Ours should always be far superior and it is frustrating that they are so close at this juncture. Truth hurts. Maybe with Fields, Kalen and that juco center we can put some space :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you read the board for years, and you think this was a crucifixion? Did you only read the photos thread or something?

I actually thought the thread you started was just fine for discussion. I always like to know how CSU is doing because I root for them, except for the game against us. I was simply posting that I didn't like this thread because people starting comparing our recruiting to theirs. Ours should always be far superior and it is frustrating that they are so close at this juncture. Truth hurts. Maybe with Fields, Kalen and that juco center we can put some space :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont root against them. I do still root against NU. I have friends and neighbors that are CSU alums. It was more fun when they were a real challenge to us and steak dinners were on the line.

A small part of me, when things were really ugly administration wise, hoped they'd have kicked our asses and embarrassed us a little to force a coaching change. Up until 1986 UF was 22-6-1 against FSU. Growing up I witnessed this first hand in the change in feelings among the Gator alums in my family when FSU and Miami started kicking UFs ass every year. First, UF dropped Miami from their schedule altogether. Then from 1987 to 1997 UF won just 3 out of 10 against FSU. Then they went out and got Urban Meyer....

Today, all three programs are still considered very elite and easily attract good coaches and recruits. Competition is a good thing.

If you think that's the only victory then you don't really know what you're talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man, I have kept things on the downlow here with the haters, but when a first class jock sniffer like Tini calls you out you have to do something. I know its been a long time, seems like a lifetime ago, but I have a background in football that most people on here aren't even close to. Notice the logo on the sweatshirt isn't italicized. This was back when we recruited with the big boys, and you cant get these at the bookstore. I know what I am talking about. I don't know everything, but I know a lot more than most on here. Tini, STFU and get me a sammich.
aholetini.jpg

Man, I have kept things on the downlow here with the haters, but when a first class jock sniffer like Tini calls you out you have to do something. I know its been a long time, seems like a lifetime ago, but I have a background in football that most people on here aren't even close to. Notice the logo on the sweatshirt isn't italicized. This was back when we recruited with the big boys, and you cant get these at the bookstore. I know what I am talking about. I don't know everything, but I know a lot more than most on here. Tini, STFU and get me a sammich.
View attachment 13611

fat, pm me.

Hmmm. This would put you both there (and me in the stands) possibly around the same time. Those years were the best...

Last edited:
View attachment 13611

Here come the internet tough guy, throwing around his imaginary credentials.

It's a wonder you're not on a college staff somewhere.

View attachment 13611

That's awesome and all, but that wasn't the point of my post. Fields isn't the only recruiting battle with other BCS schools that this staff has won this cycle. I'm not saying that the class is something special, merely correcting your perception that Fields is the only recruit we've beaten other schools for is false.

Nice sweatshirt, it didn't really help your point at all. I'm sure stldog and Sly have old Buff gear, that doesn't mean they are the gospel of Buff and football knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's because you want to come here and talk CSU. It's bad enough we have to play them every year, I don't like going over their program or even paying any attention to it other than the week we play them. If you want to talk CSU join Ramnation. Talking conference foes is acceptable to me. The Lammies? Who? Nevermind..don't care.

You can have an opinion, as long as the opinion is that we're going to be 9-3 again in 2 years.

I haven't checked this thread in a couple hours, any new recruits for CSU we should know about?

Here are CU's numbers using the same "Rivals" star system:

19 total commits, which includes 2 signed JUCOs

Of the 19, 8 are 3 stars, 10 are 2 stars, and 1 is zero stars.

So CU is doing better, in the Rivals stars universe. It would be great to have some 4 stars, and I'm sure the CSU coaches feel the same way about their recruiting too.

It is now 20 commits with 1 is 4 star, 10 are 3 stars and 9 are 2 stars according to the Rivals site. Still not all that good but a little better since your post.

Last edited:
View attachment 13611

This post is too good for words...I'm just going to roll around in it for awhile, let it soak in. Holy sh*t.

It is now 20 commits with 1 is 4 star, 10 are 3 stars and 9 are 2 stars according to the Rivals site. Still not all that good but a little better since your post.

Hey, getting Fields is huge plus, and congrats to the coaching staff !! That was VERY good news. :nod:

Free Rivals article states that two of Lil Bro's top commits have some work to do to qualify... surprised.
link

While both will sign with CSU Wednesday, each has academic qualifying hoops they must get through before CSU can expect them to arrive on campus over the summer. Bond said that each may not find out their college eligibility until receiving the proper test scores, which could be as late as the end of February.

Que Captain Jack telling donors/supporters how they reeled in a top recruiting class, tops in the MWC.

Conveniently ignoring that guys rankings who have no shot of qualifying still factor into those rankings.... These are desperate times up at Fort Fun. They have to show momentum.

Back