What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How long before I start hating the rest of the Pac?

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
It's been so long, I don't even hate skippy anymore. Oregon? I hate their butt ass fugly uniforms, but otherwise, meh. ASU - I hate that it's 110 degrees in the shade there, but otherwise, meh. USC would be easy to hate, but they're about to go into a deep, dark hole. Utah? How can I hate the yoots? They're yoots. I ain't got nothin against the yoots.

So how long will this take? A couple years?

The problem is that everybody in the Pac 10 already has their rival. They're not all just going to drop a century of hatred to accomodate our need to hate.

So Utah is a natural rival, but I can't hate those guys either. I just want to give them all noogies, they're all so darned cute. I want to take them all home and become their legal guardians. Plus, I really admire their gymnastics team.

We're screwed!

Soon as we start knocking heads with them, we will find a rival. We might not replace another rival of a team, just add to it.

So Utah is a natural rival, but I can't hate those guys either. I just want to give them all noogies, they're all so darned cute. I want to take them all home and become their legal guardians. Plus, I really admire their gymnastics team.

There's a lot to admire on that gymnastics team. I hear ya. Plus, I think the natural hatred between the yoots and BYU will overshadow any animosity they could have towards us. I get the feeling that this will be very similar to what Penn State dealt with after they went to the B10. Their historical rival - Pitt - was on the outside of that deal, and I don't think the two have played again since. Ohio State and Michigan already had each other, and MSU had too much hate for UM to divert any of it to Penn State.
Maybe this will be good for us. We've been so filled with hate for so long that we could use some down time.

There's a lot to admire on that gymnastics team. I hear ya. Plus, I think the natural hatred between the yoots and BYU will overshadow any animosity they could have towards us. I get the feeling that this will be very similar to what Penn State dealt with after they went to the B10. Their historical rival - Pitt - was on the outside of that deal, and I don't think the two have played again since. Ohio State and Michigan already had each other, and MSU had too much hate for UM to divert any of it to Penn State.
Maybe this will be good for us. We've been so filled with hate for so long that we could use some down time.

I'm afraid that without the hate, I won't have a reason to get out of bed each morning. What then?

This is all part of Hawkins master plan. Don't hate anyone, don't get too high or low, and as long as everyone tries really hard, everyone wins.

I'm gonna continue to hate Hawkins...

Remember the last game against ASU and all the cheap shots? I despise them already.

Remember the last game against ASU and all the cheap shots? I despise them already.

The cheap shot on our punt returner (for the love of God, why can't I remember his name?), and then the shot of the player who clotheslined him before the ball arrived pointing at the big screen with his buddies laughing. But really I just hated DE for that, for some reason.

I was at that game, but all I can remember was that it was a gazillion degrees at 10:00 PM. I remember a bunch of dropped balls, too. And I remember getting up 20-0 and then stepping on our dicks. OK, bastard, now I hate you for making me remember that. Dickwad.

All I remember about that game was everyone of our players inability to catch the football, no matter how wide open, or how perfect the pass was.

It's been so long, I don't even hate skippy anymore. Oregon? I hate their butt ass fugly uniforms, but otherwise, meh. ASU - I hate that it's 110 degrees in the shade there, but otherwise, meh. USC would be easy to hate, but they're about to go into a deep, dark hole. Utah? How can I hate the yoots? They're yoots. I ain't got nothin against the yoots.

So how long will this take? A couple years?
about 30 seconds after Fucla gets scheduled for a boulder bringing skippy to town

about 30 seconds after Fucla gets scheduled for a boulder bringing skippy to town

Skippy could very well be gone before UCLA ever comes to town. He hasn't exactly been tearing it up. This will be his third year there. If CU plays AT UCLA in 2011, the return to Boulder the next year might be skippy-less.

UU and CU are already bitter, seething rivals on the slopes. Maybe we can bring some of that hate to the gridiron.

i think UU could develop nicely into a grudge match. i put Oregon as a team i don't like....and i thought the UW fans were pretty obnoxious when they came to town in 99 or 00 and the Rick factor was in play. though, i know some quality Udubbers as well.

I have lots of room for hate and have grown adept at generating it quickly when it comes to football. Just reading some of the articles out of the Pac cities regarding how the Pac failed and ONLY ended up with CU got my blood boiling a bit.

Won't be long...and for the Utes...a couple of beat downs from them and I see the love on our boards for wanting them to get invited will turn very quickly. Of course, I am really hoping we do get to play them at the end of the season so they will have had to play big boy football for a much longer period than they do now. At least it would help our chances while we work on rebuilding this thing.

Skippy could very well be gone before UCLA ever comes to town. He hasn't exactly been tearing it up. This will be his third year there. If CU plays AT UCLA in 2011, the return to Boulder the next year might be skippy-less.

If CU plays at UCLA in 2011 and we still have Hawkins on board, skippy will have a chance to pad his W-L record. Might be enough to keep him around another year.

oh, there is plenty of hate in my soul for our new conference rivals...

usc, for the obvious reasons, and i am tired of hearing about their greatness from friends/family.

ucla, because they are undeservedly self righteous yet still sport skippy as head coach of their fb team.

uw, because i am still pissed at the arrogance of many of their fans when skipster went there. they got what they deserved when they hired him.

cal, because they didn't admit me. well, honestly, i didn't apply, but they wouldn't have admitted me, so therefore they suck. lol.

stanford, because i don't like harbaugh and i remember when they upset us.

ou, because of the fiesta bowl beat-down.

ua, because of ace. i kid.

asu, because every retard i ever hired from there has failed to meet even my minimal expectations for their iq level.

wsu, because it is too far from everything. so there.

osu, just because.

uu, because those bastards think they can hang with us in skiing? what? dirty cheaters!

i think UU could develop nicely into a grudge match. i put Oregon as a team i don't like....and i thought the UW fans were pretty obnoxious when they came to town in 99 or 00 and the Rick factor was in play. though, i know some quality Udubbers as well.

**** that. Bunch of purple wearing, puppy loving assholes. Like KjSU without the pussycat or the power towels. They steal our women and drink our booze. Bunch of assholes if you ask me..... :smile2:

**** that. Bunch of purple wearing, puppy loving assholes. Like KjSU without the pussycat or the power towels. They steal our women and drink our booze. Bunch of assholes if you ask me..... :smile2:

they are friends of my pops, so i don't feel right taking them to task.....but, i thought before the UW fans came to Boulder they were a more "effete" fanbase, sophisticated and yachty types. but, they weren't.

I dislike the Jazz and I dislike BYU. I think there is room to hate the utes. Plus SLC makes boulder look like a NAACP meeting.

I'm gonna commit some heresy here:

Utah has better snow.

**ducks**

Colorado's mountains are better, but holy crap, Utah powder is awesome.

Rivalry started?

As long as that s h i t-sucking monkey-****er is at FUCLA, I'll hate them with every fiber of my being. After that ****tard ruins their program, I won't know who to hate.

Back