What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How long do you give THIS staff?

This staff has _____ to get the job done or they need to go.

• A lifetime. Win or lose these guys are family and I'm a die hard.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • 8 years

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 7 Years

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 6 Years

• 5 Years

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • 4 Years

Votes: 39 36.1%
  • 3 Years

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • 2 Years

• 1 Year - Hate the new staff/I'm a Tard.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BB, 'sinthe, Rralph 3000, Sacky, 'Leash, BuffLuke, CVilleBuff, Mick, aik, 'syko, 'Tini, White Rabbit, 4dem, and fervor.

You all reference a 3 year point, but give him longer. If he does X, then 4 or 5. I hope you all voted 3. Is it safe to say 3 and a bowl game? Just trying to get some real commitment.

I was pretty clear with what I said. Feel free to go back and re-read.

There are so many variables - what if we go to a bowl this year, next year sucks, and '13 is a 5-7 season. I won't be ready to let this staff go.

Regardless of opinion, there's no chance this staff gets anything less than 4

Last edited:
BB, 'sinthe, Rralph 3000, Sacky, 'Leash, BuffLuke, CVilleBuff, Mick, aik, 'syko, 'Tini, White Rabbit, 4dem, and fervor.

You all reference a 3 year point, but give him longer. If he does X, then 4 or 5. I hope you all voted 3. Is it safe to say 3 and a bowl game? Just trying to get some real commitment.

i did not refernece a 3 year point. i said 5 and if things are not improved 4.

again, i based that on the fact that CU is losing a **** ton of talent and experience for next year. we are all afraid of how this year may look. well... it wont be any better next year. that is just a fact.

i am kinda giving JE and crew a mulligan on next year. i dont care who the coach is. they will not be good. i dont think that is an unreasonable position. if anyone disagrees with me.... please speak up.

now... he still has some bench marks to make in the remaining few years. this team will become his recruits through years 3 to 5. and we better see results on the grid iron.

CU football is in a big mess right now. its gonna take some time. that is why im okay with 5 years. provided we see imporvment in recruiting, play on the field and over all coaching.

i dont find that unreasonable.

For me, we need to see improvement every year, in terms of wins, attitude, coaching, and recruiting. As I said, 2012 will be a step back and a rough year in most minds but if we show improvement this year in attitude within the team and being competitive in games and not losing due to mental errors by either the coaches or players, that's an improvement for 2011. 2012 we'll need to be back up to recruiting top 250 guys and not missing out on in state prospects like Callahan, Thurston, Baylis, O'Connor, etc. 2013 is the year where we need to get to a bowl game and be competing for the top spot in the South.

No excuses not to make a bowl game this year with all these seniors and their leadership.
I expect a drop off next year due to graduation but on year 3 should be on track to bowl.
So 3 years for me.

No excuses not to make a bowl game this year with all these seniors and their leadership.
I expect a drop off next year due to graduation but on year 3 should be on track to bowl.
So 3 years for me.
Except for our schedule and having a whole new coaching staff minus Cabral. This team can make a bowl but everything will have to go perfect for that to happen, including a few upsets on the road.

Except for our schedule and having a whole new coaching staff minus Cabral. This team can make a bowl but everything will have to go perfect for that to happen, including a few upsets on the road.

Schedule - the old excuse to under perform. I just see 3 longshots (USC, Oregon, Ohio State). We should be competitive on most.
If Embree can back up his toughness talk, we should have a winning record, 7-6 at the very least. We weren't in MWC or WAC last year,
we've played hard schedule in and out for a very long time.

images

I guess.

CSU, Hawaii, WSU are the best shots at getting a W. Not finding three more on the schedule though.
That's cause you're a negative mother****er. Cal sucks on the road. UCLA is trash. Arizona will be 2-7 when they come to Folsom. USC is our blackout game.

That's cause you're a negative mother****er. Cal sucks on the road. UCLA is trash. Arizona will be 2-7 when they come to Folsom. USC is our blackout game.

I am too crushed to consider beating uSC this year. Way way WAY too much talent.

We have been on a sure and steady decline for approaching a decade. In my opinion, the past problems were not solely due to DH, but were pervasive and extended into the administration. I'm still not sure the administration really cares if the football team wins---certainly not in they way the admins of the power schools do. The program is in a downward spiral. Bad play begets poor recruiting causing even worse play etc. Breaking this cycle is not easy and requires time.

Embree came to play for us when we were way, way down instead of going elsewhere. He then put his personal stats aside when we switched to the bone. Now he's left a good position in the pros to rebuild a team in shambles. I only speak for myself, but I think he's earned some room. He has a huge job ahead of him.

I love to see the enthusiasm on this board, but talk of a bowl this year is irrational exuberance that seeds unreasonable expectations. We don't have much talent and the schedule is the most difficult in the country. We have four virtually certain Ls and many likely ones. To those who count games like Cal as likely Ws I ask, did you see the game last year? What I remember was not only a loss, but the worst effort I've ever seen from a CU team---it still pains me to think about.

I expect to see improvement immediately, but I honestly don't know how long the rebuilding process will take. So long as I see steady improvement in play, even if not in wins, the staff will continue to have my support.

We have been on a sure and steady decline for approaching a decade. In my opinion, the past problems were not solely due to DH, but were pervasive and extended into the administration. I'm still not sure the administration really cares if the football team wins---certainly not in they way the admins of the power schools do. The program is in a downward spiral. Bad play begets poor recruiting causing even worse play etc. Breaking this cycle is not easy and requires time.

Embree came to play for us when we were way, way down instead of going elsewhere. He then put his personal stats aside when we switched to the bone. Now he's left a good position in the pros to rebuild a team in shambles. I only speak for myself, but I think he's earned some room. He has a huge job ahead of him.

I love to see the enthusiasm on this board, but talk of a bowl this year is irrational exuberance that seeds unreasonable expectations. We don't have much talent and the schedule is the most difficult in the country. We have four virtually certain Ls and many likely ones. To those who count games like Cal as likely Ws I ask, did you see the game last year? What I remember was not only a loss, but the worst effort I've ever seen from a CU team---it still pains me to think about.

I expect to see improvement immediately, but I honestly don't know how long the rebuilding process will take. So long as I see steady improvement in play, even if not in wins, the staff will continue to have my support.

What was Cal's record last year?

I dont think talk of a bowl this year is irrational. Its pretty unlikely but by no means impossible. Things will have to go our way early and often. As far as Cal, yes they gave us an ass whipping and our guys flat quit, pure and simple. I did a double take to make sure we werent playing Missouri. Cal is also very different on the road. It is a process and takes time but you never know what will happen this year.

What was Cal's record last year?

And they still mauled us last year.

They have waaay more talent and depth across the board than CU. I also believe Kies and Ambrose have a pretty good feel for what kind of talent CU is going to throw at them.

They have waaay more talent and depth across the board than CU. I also believe Kies and Ambrose have a pretty good feel for what kind of talent CU is going to throw at them.
You do realize that Cal is not a good road team? Or are you going to keep dodging that question every thread?

..and I'm sure Marshall has a pretty good feel for Cal, probably more so seeing as they still have their head coach from last year and we don't.

Sure Cal might beat us, but I don't think those predicting a W are crazy at all.

..and I'm sure Marshall has a pretty good feel for Cal, probably more so seeing as they still have their head coach from last year and we don't.

Sure Cal might beat us, but I don't think those predicting a W are crazy at all.

What was the deal with Marshall exiting Cal?

By whose standards? Sure they mauled us, so has Mizzou ever since Hawkins took over.
Kiesau and Ambrose couldn't do anything here, they wont do anything at Cal.

I only want to give them three years, but that wouldn't be fair. Four years sounds reasonable to turn things around for CU.

:yeahthat:

4 years is enough time for this staff to have some of their recruits become upperclassmen. I'm not expecting them to be winning national championships at that point, because recruiting is going to be tough until the wins start coming. But I do think that gives them long enough that we can judge the direction of the program they'll be able to produce. If the direction looks good, they get more time, even if we aren't totally where we want to be by then. But I can't really see a situation where they get less than 4 years...

By whose standards? Sure they mauled us, so has Mizzou ever since Hawkins took over.
Kiesau and Ambrose couldn't do anything here, they wont do anything at Cal.

Are you really going to argue that CU has more talent and depth than Cal?

Mizzou beat us every year because they were a better team than we were. Cal, despite their record, is still a better team than we are IMO. Does that mean it's a automatic loss? No, but to sit here and hear people talk about how we should expect to win that game is a little much imo.

Are you really going to argue that CU has more talent and depth than Cal?

Mizzou beat us every year because they were a better team than we were. Cal, despite their record, is still a better team than we are IMO. Does that mean it's a automatic loss? No, but to sit here and hear people talk about how we should expect to win that game is a little much imo.

Cal's season depends on QB. I'm not sure they have one who will be able to take a team on the road and get a win against decent competition in the early season. Also, I love their DL talent but it's extremely young. They're counting on a lot of 1st and 2nd year guys in the trenches.

I could see them winning the Pac-12 in 2012, but I think they're very vulnerable in 2011. I'm not making any predictions this year, but I do see that as a game that's winnable. Likely one of the games that determines what kind of season we're going to have. We probably need that one to make a bowl game.

Cal's season depends on QB. I'm not sure they have one who will be able to take a team on the road and get a win against decent competition in the early season. Also, I love their DL talent but it's extremely young. They're counting on a lot of 1st and 2nd year guys in the trenches.

I could see them winning the Pac-12 in 2012, but I think they're very vulnerable in 2011. I'm not making any predictions this year, but I do see that as a game that's winnable. Likely one of the games that determines what kind of season we're going to have. We probably need that one to make a bowl game.

Every game is winnable. Especially at Folsom. I think you know where I'm coming from.

Every game is winnable. Especially at Folsom. I think you know where I'm coming from.

I know exactly where you're coming from. I'd trade our roster for theirs, but I think our 1st team is as good as theirs - especially at key positions. Plus, we're playing at home and we've got a ton of seniors.

Cal's starting QB, Zach Maynard, is a transfer from Buffalo. Keenan Allen's half brother

'09 stats (Buffalo) 218/379 (57.5%) 2,694 18TD-15INT. Rushed for 300

Last edited:
Back