1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many bowl games?

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by OUBuff, Feb 6, 2013.

?

How many bowl games does this class play?

1. 4

8.6%
  2. 3

20.7%
  3. 2

58.6%
  4. 1

10.3%
  5. 0

1.7%
  1. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Last year was what, our first or second class to not see a bowl game (other than on TV). We have the fresh start of a new coach and his first class.

So, what do you think...? How many bowls does this class see... in person?

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

2014-on

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  3. chitownbuff

chitownbuff Club Member Club Member

5 for the redshirts.

4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Well in person? I guess it depends on if they like travelling to watch the team and how long they live. The # could be 50 plus.......

5. OUBuff

Smart ass :smile2:

6. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I went for 2. No way this season (2013) and I think still unlikely in 2014 but after that we are in. Some people are drinking way too much Kool-Aid-4 or 5-not likely.

7. Quattro

Think you're overestimating how hard it is to get to a bowl game. Going 3-0 in the OOC and going 3-6 in the PAC 12 really shouldn't be much to ask in year two. The 2012 class will be RS-SO/JRs with a good amount of experience under their belts along with being in a college strength and conditioning for a few years. Plus Shane Dillon will have a year of starting under his belt and PRich will be two years remover from injury. Spruce will have plenty of experience playing in the slot, JT will have had a year experience as well. That's on the offensive side only. If MM is a good coach, expecting 3-4 wins in 2013 and 6 wins in 2014 shouldn't be too much to ask.

8. boydbuff

I understand your rationale but we have sunk pretty low. We have several recruiting classes way below Pac 12 standards (i.e. I am guessing 75% of our team were not or wouldn't have been recruited by other Pac 12 teams). I think we have a team so used to loosing that it is going to take some time to get that out of their system. We have been a terrible road team that also might take some time to fix. Also we are implementing new systems and relying on RS Frosh/Soph QB to lead us to a bowl game...we'll see.

Dream scenario for me:
    2013: Win 3-4 games and massively shrink our point differential in games we lose
    2014: Win 6-7 games
    2015: Competing for Pac 12 South

Realistic scenario could be:
    2013: Win 2-3 games
    2014: Win 4-5 games

9. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Considering the epic, historic ******ness of the 2012 team, 2 bowl games in 4-5 years seems reasonable.

10. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

11. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

So if I'm reading you correctly, and I think I am, you believe that we are going to go further down the drain in 2013, followed by the entirety of AllBuffs going completely Froot Loops in 2014, then we're going to recruit that kid in 2015, who will lead us to the Rose Bowl in 2016, and the NC in 2017.

12. Quattro

We are paying the guy and his staff $5M+, we need to expect to see that kind of coaching. Winning only two games next year would not make MM and his staff worth their paychecks unless they drop nearly every other game by a touchdown or less. Winning two games either has us going 2-0 in the first two games then go 0-9 in conference play, not even Embree's ****-tastic coaching job did that. 75% is also a lot as well and I believe you are way overstating that. I did this for offense a few weeks ago, and there are quite a bit of players who were recruited by BCS schools starting on offense, it's the depth that is the issue. On defense we have some excellent young players in Solis (offers from Arizona, Boise, GT, ISU, UCLA, Utah, and UW), Tupuo, Kofavalu (offers from Arizona, Boise, UCLA, Utah, UW, and WSU), Henington (offers from Syracuse and UCLA), Poston, Daigh, Crawley (offers from too many to list from elite schools), Wright (same boat as Crawley), Mosley (offers from Michigan State and Nebraska), Hendo (we all know this story), and then some of the players from this 2013 class and the guys who redshirted from the 2012 class that I don't have time to go over right now but that is . I'm sorry but there is zero convincing me that we do not have the talent to win four games this six starters that were recruited by other BCS schools. Beating CSU ("N") and Central Arkansas (H) and winning two of the four against Fresno State (H), California (H), Arizona (H), and Utah (R) really should not be that difficult of a job for a staff who brought SJSU into the top 25 at freaking San Jose State and is getting paid as much as they do.

13. boydbuff

Does anyone know how many kids on our roster (not just projected starters) for 2013 had at least one BCS offer? Would be interesting to know.

14. Quattro

So I would think this will be the standard 4-2-5 lineup.

LE
    Kirk Poston
    Rivals: 5.5 3*
    BCS Offers: Colorado, Arizona, Baylor, Duke, Georgia Tech, Kansas State

N
    Josh Tupou
    BCS Offers: Colorado

T
    Justin Solis
    Rivals:5.6 3*; #45 DT
    BCS Offers: Colorado, Arizona, Boise State, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, UCLA, Utah, Washington

RE
    Chidera Uzo-Diribe
    Rivals: 5.7 3*; #37 DE

LCB
    Kenneth Crawley
    Rivals: 5.8 4*; #22 CB
    BCS Offers: Colorado, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Clemson, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi, North Carolina, NC State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCLA, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

Will
    Derrick Webb
    Rivals: 5.6 3*; #63 OLB
    BCS Offers: Colorado, Kentucky

Mike
    Brady Daigh
    Rivals: 5.6 3*; #35 ILB

Nickel
    Yuri Wright
    Rivals: 5.9 4*; #7 CB
    BCS Offers: Colorado, Auburn, Boston College, California, Cincinnati, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin

RCB
    Greg Henderson
    Rivals: 5.4 2*

FS
    Parker Orms
    Rivals: 5.5 3*; #87 S

SS
    Marques Mosley
    BCS Offers: Colorado, Michigan State, Nebraska

If this team can stay somewhat healthy this year we could have a decent year and see a lot of improvement on the defensive end.

15. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

That lineup does not inspire a lot of confidence. Think we will have to win shootouts.

16. Quattro

While it doesn't jump out and look like they are going to win us games, it appears that their is some legit BCS talent in the starting 11 (which is more of what that post was about) and that they will at least give the offense a chance. There's a lot of experience on defense so we'll see if that's good experience or not.

17. Duff Man

We will just have to disagree. The defense is still very much a work in progress. Not sure our LBs and safeties play well in space at all.

I think the offense could be pretty good though.

18. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

A lot of next year's defense will be on S&C and Jeffcoat's coaching. The biggest opportunity for improvement is to have a DL that causes teams problems. Our DBs can compete if opposing QBs aren't given all day. Too many question marks, though.

19. Duff Man

True.

Vigo, Tupou, Kafovalu, Henington, Solis. Out of that group, we need at least three to play really well to take a big step forward.

20. Quattro

Curious about Rasmussen's progression in the weight room.

21. OUBuff

I see...
    - Toilet Bowl... home for the holidays (2013)
    - The Malt-o-Meal Fruity Rings Bowl... minor bowl with some obscure name in some obscure place (2014)
    - The Bowl Cut... a little better bowl... perhaps in Hawaii (2015)
    - Rose Bowl... (2016)
    - BCS... winner, winner chicken dinner (2017) just in time to begin the nubs series as the defending champion.

I like how he thinks... give him a

[​IMG]

Burrito Palazzo likes this.