What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many top 25 votes do we get?

But we have no sparkling win either. No ranked wins.

You're such a downer, always. Sparkling is beating 3 bad teams and giving up 7,7 and 6 while scoring over 40 in all of them. Losing to Michigan isn't a bad loss to anyone that watches the game and Oregon is a good win against a talented opponent on the road. Florida state hasn't done **** and they're #12 and they've lost now twice, so it's not like CU's resume isn't worthy of some praise.

I am always a downer? That's interesting.

I agree with your points - but if you're a voter who doesn't catch the late games, you look at the resume and see there are no ranked wins. Personally, I think they should be ranked around #20

we're going to be in tomorrow. the p12 voters will put us in. there is an excellent chance we are going to be alone in 1st place in the south tomorrow.

we are in.

now, we have to dial it up and beat the ****ing trojans.

I am always a downer? That's interesting.

I agree with your points - but if you're a voter who doesn't catch the late games, you look at the resume and see there are no ranked wins. Personally, I think they should be ranked around #20

Someone was complaining earlier you started the lame "sefo vs Montez" argument in the game thread so I was running off that, that was lame of me. Either way every point in this thread is spot on and my exuberance is merely (most likely) false hope. I see no ranked wins either, which sucks. Nebraska got the benefit and we got shafted beating Oregon. But while everyone is barely winning we're dominating the bad teams as we should. I guess USC is our test, I just so badly want the team to be ranked and feel that love they've worked so hard to receive. I know there won't be a letdown, I just want them to experience that for the program to take even more steps forward

we're going to be in tomorrow. the p12 voters will put us in. there is an excellent chance we are going to be alone in 1st place in the south tomorrow.

we are in.

now, we have to dial it up and beat the ****ing trojans.

Hoping you're right brother! Cheers to that!

Leash is a legend, you should be begging for the chance to bring him a beer and a samich'

Haha. I'm fairly outgoing and friendly so if I ever have the time (thinking UCLA) to get out I'll bring lots of beer and sandwiches for all BUFFS fans.

Let's start with everyone who was ranked or receiving votes in the AP last week.

1. Alabama: crushed Kentucky. Still #1.
2. Ohio State: crushed Rutgers. Still #2.
3. Louisville: lost a close one at Clemson. Drops, but still Top 10 or so.
4. Michigan: beat #8 Wisconsin in a close one. Still Top 5.
5. Clemson: beat #3 Louisville. Moves up a slot or 2.
6. Houston: crushed UConn. Maintains rank.
7. Stanford: got crushed by Washington. Drops 5-10 slots.
8. Wisconsin: lost close at Michigan. Drops around 5 slots.
9. Texas A&M: won fairly close at South Carolina. Move up a slot or 2.
10. Washington: crushed Stanford. Move up 2 or 3 slots.
11. Tennessee: won on a miracle play at Georgia. Maintains rank.
12. Florida State: lost at home to unranked North Carolina. Drops about 10 slots.
13. Baylor: barely won at Iowa State. Maintains about the same rank.
14. Miami: handled Georgia Tech on the road. Maintains and possibly moves up a slot or two.
15. Nebraska: needed a great 4th quarter to win at home against Illinois. Maintains rank.
16. Ole Miss: home win against Memphis. Maintains rank.
17. Michigan State: lost in OT at Indiana. Drops 5-10 slots. Maybe unranked.
18. Utah: lost at goal line at Cal. Drops 5-10 slots. Maybe unranked.
19. San Diego State: got crushed at South Alabama. Unranked. May not receive any votes.
20. Arkansas: crushed Alcorn State. Worthless win, but moves up a few slots.
21. TCU: lost close at home to Oklahoma. Drops out of ranks. May not receive any votes.
22. Texas: beaten soundly by Oklahoma State. Drops out of ranks. May not receive any votes.
23. Florida: barely won at Vanderbilt. Moves up a couple/few slots despite looking like ass.
24. Boise State: handled Utah State at home. Moves up a couple/few slots despite it not being all that impressive.
25. Georgia: lost a heartbreaker to Tennessee. Drops out of ranks. May not receive any votes.
26. Arizona State: got crushed at USC. May not receive any votes.
27. Oklahoma: won a close one at TCU. Likely to move into Top 25.
28. North Dakota State: won 31-0 over Illinois State. Does anyone care? Won't be in Top 25.
29. West Virginia: managed a 1 pt win at home over Kansas State. Undefeated. Maybe get ranked.
30. Virginia Tech: bye week. Won't get ranked. Will get votes.
31. Colorado: crushed Oregon State. Wins don't look very impressive. More votes. Won't get ranked.
32. North Carolina: won a close one at Florida State. Jumps Colorado & others. May get ranked.
33. Iowa: lost at home to Northwestern. Won't get votes.
34. UCLA: crushed Arizona. Gets more votes and close to Top 25.
35. Auburn: crushed LA-Monroe. Useless win, but will get more votes. Won't be ranked.
36. LSU: crushed Mizzou. Will get more votes but won't be ranked.
37. Western Michigan: crushed Central Michigan. Will get more votes as vanity pick from voters who like mid-majors. Won't be ranked.
38. Wake Forest: lost decisively at NC State. No longer undefeated. Won't get votes.
39. Memphis: lost decisively at Ole Miss. No longer undefeated. Won't get votes.
40. Maryland: crushed Purdue. Undefeated. Will get a lot more votes but won't be ranked.
41. Toledo: lost at BYU. No longer undefeated. Won't get votes.

Still undefeated and will get some votes: Air Force

I think Colorado is around 27 or 28 tomorrow.

For psychological reasons only, I hope we are on the outside looking in this week. While the rise is real, there is no story without conflict. This team is thriving in conflict, let them experience one more week of that to sharpen them prior to the toughest test of the season.

After watching USC last night, I think they will be harder than Michigan. The Buffs need every bit of motivation they can get to win that game. Here's hoping CU is at 26-27 ish and 7 to 10 point road dogs when the team heads into the coliseum.

With the bottom tier of the top 25 not performing well, #17, 18, 19, 21, 22, and 25 all losing, I can't envision CU not being ranked. Impressive wins, albeit against less than impressive opponents, and CU has given Michigan arguably their toughest game to date.

Really want the unranked streak to end. It's been 11 years. USC isn't an easy win, so if we lose that one it could take a while to get back into consideration.

With the bottom tier of the top 25 not performing well, #17, 18, 19, 21, 22, and 25 all losing, I can't envision CU not being ranked. Impressive wins, albeit against less than impressive opponents, and CU has given Michigan arguably their toughest game to date.

Really want the unranked streak to end. It's been 11 years. USC isn't an easy win, so if we lose that one it could take a while to get back into consideration.

We put 21 on them in the first quarter and Wisky could only manage 7 points the whole game? WTF it was the 3rd game of the season no excuses, CU should be top 10 if those ****ers had any balls. Go Buffs flatten the condoms.

We put 21 on them in the first quarter and Wisky could only manage 7 points the whole game? WTF it was the 3rd game of the season no excuses, CU should be top 10 if those ****ers had any balls. Go Buffs flatten the condoms.
Wiscy doesn't have the QB, WR or general offensive talent that CU does!

Back