What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many wins for 2015 CU Football?

How many regular season wins (13 games)

• Total voters
Why are you limiting it to one event? Did CU fans not travel to ABQ? What about road games in basketball and football? Basketball championships? The whole premise of your statement is completely flawed and inaccurate.

MB is being a little unfair here, I think 'tini was still in grade school the last time CU went bowling....

5 wins. Drop one in OOC and win 2 out of OSU, WSU and Utah.

We'll have to wait at least one more year before finding out if CU travels to bowl games any better than they have historically.

Sophomore in high school, doesn't change anything I have said earlier. I witnessed first hand how ****ty CU fans travel when I went down to Abq a few years ago for the UNLV and Baylor games. There are what, 84 bowl games and 60 something Power 5 teams? So using Miami's logic, a bowl selection committee would rather take a non-P5 school over a Pac 12 school? No way in hell unless the power 5 team declined the bowl invitation.

I have a family member on a bowl committee, the first, and practically only, consideration is how many tickets will be sold. Of course, the big boys (Fiesta, Rose, Orange, Sugar) have other constituencies but rest assured, everybody else is looking for butts in the seats. After that, the second order of business is deciding how many tickets the committee members will need for friends/family and then they get down to things like the particulars of the team. FWIW.

I have a family member on a bowl committee, the first, and practically only, consideration is how many tickets will be sold. Of course, the big boys (Fiesta, Rose, Orange, Sugar) have other constituencies but rest assured, everybody else is looking for butts in the seats. After that, the second order of business is deciding how many tickets the committee members will need for friends/family and then they get down to things like the particulars of the team. FWIW.
That's fine, I'm confident they'd recognize CU traveling well to any bowl game not on the East coast

Boy, you sure have been agreeing with 'Tini a lot lately. I suppose Mijammi trying to go against him helps but, damn. That must hurt. :lol:

? Just cause tini always sees the world in black and gold doesnt mean he's always wrong.

I've pondered this greatly and now feel 4-0 OOC is a must and should be easily attainable. 6 wins with a chance for greatness in the Motor Oil Town FedEx Tapatio Pepsi Bowl.

He keeps missing the part where I clarified 'bowl game outside the pac12 footprint'.
Haven't had a chance to respond to this, but you have a point. Although, you will have to admit that even outside the P12 footprint, there are some bowl locations where CU would draw ok. The pinstripe bowl would probably draw surprisingly well (the NYC, Boston and DC alumni groups are among the largest in the country and NYC is easy for all of them to get to), the military bowl would probably be ok, and maybe the Belk as well.
But you're right, the Birmingham bowl and other lower tier bowls in less than stellar localities, not so much.

I've pondered this greatly and now feel 4-0 OOC is a must and should be easily attainable. 6 wins with a chance for greatness in the Motor Oil Town FedEx Tapatio Pepsi Bowl.

White_Rabbit not so good at math and reading comprehension.

I chose 3 because I forgot that we play 13 games. I'll take four. I don't see any evidence that the players coming into the program are any better than the ones graduating out.

I chose 3 because I forgot that we play 13 games. I'll take four. I don't see any evidence that the players coming into the program are any better than the ones graduating out.

Defining success is not about replacing graduating players with incoming players. It's about another year in Mac's strength and conditioning program, another year in Lingren's offense and Baer's defense, another off season where the current freshman and sophomores get better and contribute more, and most importantly, another year that our single most important player (Sefo) has to grow and mature as a QB.

Besides, Crabb, Munyer, DD, Tony Jones, and Greg Henderson are the only "impact" seniors we're losing. McCulloch was a nice player but is easily replaceable.

This team should be expected to start 4-0 next year, and they will if they can hold Dee Hart and CSU's OL in check. No Grayson, no McElwain, no problem. The usual suspects in P12 should/could be wins: WSU, OSU and Utah. The rest are probable losses but, as we saw this year, just need a play or two to get the upset. A Hundley-less UCLA, Mariota-less Oregon, ASU and Stanford are upset candidates, but not likely. AZ could be the favorite to win the P12 next year and that one could be ugly.

Final, way-to-early prediction: 6-7 (unfortunately, this won't make them bowl-eligible, though)

Last edited:
Impact players list is a lot shorter. Crabb, Munyer and Henderson. Solid starters. After that, you have a bunch of guys or spot players. DD goodson started, but did very little and was a below average WR. Only Munyer and Hendo would have had a chance at starting at most other schools in the P12. It is very hard to lose less production from a decent sized senior class.

Impact players list is a lot shorter. Crabb, Munyer and Henderson. Solid starters. After that, you have a bunch of guys or spot players. DD goodson started, but did very little and was a below average WR. Only Munyer and Hendo would have had a chance at starting at most other schools in the P12. It is very hard to lose less production from a decent sized senior class.

Agreed, and if we're talking replacement value, Lynott has a chance to be a starter from day 1 and could be just as good or better than Munyer/Crabb and Witherspoon, Awuzi and Yuri Wright (if he ever lives up to 4* bill) replace Henderson just fine.

Agreed, and if we're talking replacement value, Lynott has a chance to be a starter from day 1 and could be just as good or better than Munyer/Crabb and Witherspoon, Awuzi and Yuri Wright (if he ever lives up to 4* bill) replace Henderson just fine.
Stop with the starry eyed predictions with Lynott and Wright. Lynott is an OL, who rarely start as true frosh, and has a tough depth chart to climb up. Yuri, well, he hasn't seen the field at all under this staff.

I'm not really worried about replacing corner or OL though. We might have a small dropoff at RG and CB, but I don't think the dropoff will be that large in either case, and should quickly decrease as experience grows.

We aren't talking about the biggest loss and the true impact players from the departed seniors: the kickers. Oliver and O'Neil were good kickers, and we have total unknowns behind them. Could take a very big step back next year. Not good.

Stop with the starry eyed predictions with Lynott and Wright. Lynott is an OL, who rarely start as true frosh, and has a tough depth chart to climb up. Yuri, well, he hasn't seen the field at all under this staff.

I'm not really worried about replacing corner or OL though. We might have a small dropoff at RG and CB, but I don't think the dropoff will be that large in either case, and should quickly decrease as experience grows.

We aren't talking about the biggest loss and the true impact players from the departed seniors: the kickers. Oliver and O'Neil were good kickers, and we have total unknowns behind them. Could take a very big step back next year. Not good.

I think we score a lot more TD's next year.

All I'm saying is that if Lynott is truly a 4* recruit, it shouldn't take him long to compete for playing time on this OL that just isn't special. Same goes for Yuri. He was a top 10 recruit coming out of HS and has the potential to be a solid contributor in the secondary.

I agree that Oliver and O'Neil are our biggest losses from that class. O'Neil was a "special" punter that changed field position for us in a big way at times, and will be missed. Oliver was probably the best kicker we've had since Crosby but he was, by no means, even close to a "special" kicker. He'll be missed but if you're relying on your K and P to be game-changers for you in the P12, you never really had a shot at winning anyways.

Lynott is physically ready to play PAC-12 football yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After this year, I think the only safe thing to do is to take Tini's prediction and cut it by 75% or so.

That said, EVENTUALLY he will be right. Just like Woelk was right in picking the CU upset of Oklahoma in 2007. :lol:

Back