What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many wins for 2015 CU Football?

How many regular season wins (13 games)

• Total voters
Good lord. It's like last off-season all over again.

tumblr_mhibxmCJaf1rc407qo1_400.gif

Look deeper. What advantages do they have. Pretend they are us if that helps

I'm good, there's going to be 1000 posts on this before next season. No coach = not predicting a loss*

*Only applies to CSU next season, because someone is going to stretch that to other teams

I'm good, there's going to be 1000 posts on this before next season. No coach = not predicting a loss*

*Only applies to CSU next season, because someone is going to stretch that to other teams
No one can say we didn't try

Snow, this isn't about my opinion. I'm just curious on the thought process of picking a loss to CSU at this point in time.

We can compare talent on the field for the Buffs next year vs. this year, we can compare talent to the teams we play. No question that we shouldbe better especially if we can come back healthy, we have samson back eligible and the JC kid at DE.

One factor that isn't being talked about is that this team has to learn how to win. We had a number of games last year that realistically should have been wins and we couldn't close the deal, winning and losing is something teams learn to do.

We can look at a number of games and say we have more talent or are better or etc. but fact is that Hawaii expects to win games on the islands, CSU won a bunch of games (including beating us,) etc.

Until we show that we know how to close and put a game in the win column I will be skeptical.

We can compare talent on the field for the Buffs next year vs. this year, we can compare talent to the teams we play. No question that we shouldbe better especially if we can come back healthy, we have samson back eligible and the JC kid at DE.

One factor that isn't being talked about is that this team has to learn how to win. We had a number of games last year that realistically should have been wins and we couldn't close the deal, winning and losing is something teams learn to do.

We can look at a number of games and say we have more talent or are better or etc. but fact is that Hawaii expects to win games on the islands, CSU won a bunch of games (including beating us,) etc.

Until we show that we know how to close and put a game in the win column I will be skeptical.
This isn't being talked about?

This isn't being talked about?

People talk about it but like it is a thing that will simply pass. Bring in some new players, develop the ones we have, and somehow it will go away.

I am a Kool-aid drinker in that I think we will get better. I think M2 is the right guy to get us there.

At the same time teams have to learn how to win, learn how to overcome mistakes, learn how to force the other team to make the mistake.

I want us to be there but I'll believe it when I see it. So far I haven't. Instead I've seen us snap defeat from the jaws of victory on multiple occasions.

gawd. another long off-season. more of the same. we will all entrench ourselves in the opinions to which we have become attached. and, ultimately, the diehards, all of us, will find some little tiny hidden kernel of hope and build it into a possibility of not sucking.

at some point, i almost envy the schools that have never been any good. they just assume they are going to suck forever. the shrinking number of hard core true believers among us who lived the winning are now hard-wired to believe it could somehow turn around, despite all evidence to the contrary.

oregon just won a heisman. they have a shot at the national championship. they were our bitches for decades.

we need more than hope. we need results. i don't want to squint my eyes at the future and pray we will be good. i want to know we will be great. again.

gawd. another long off-season. more of the same. we will all entrench ourselves in the opinions to which we have become attached. and, ultimately, the diehards, all of us, will find some little tiny hidden kernel of hope and build it into a possibility of not sucking.

at some point, i almost envy the schools that have never been any good. they just assume they are going to suck forever. the shrinking number of hard core true believers among us who lived the winning are now hard-wired to believe it could somehow turn around, despite all evidence to the contrary.

oregon just won a heisman. they have a shot at the national championship. they were our bitches for decades.

we need more than hope. we need results. i don't want to squint my eyes at the future and pray we will be good. i want to know we will be great. again.

Were like the prom date that we got into bed but she won't take her panties off.

Last edited:
I think we should be satisfied with five wins next year. If we get six or seven, we should be downright thrilled. I keep saying this, and it's as true now as its ever been - we are digging out of a monstrous hole. And the top of the hole keeps getting farther and farther away as our conference keeps getting better. We have to dig out faster than the hole gets deeper. That's not an easy task, and it's going to take a really long time to accomplish.

I think we should be satisfied with five wins next year. If we get six or seven, we should be downright thrilled. I keep saying this, and it's as true now as its ever been - we are digging out of a monstrous hole. And the top of the hole keeps getting farther and farther away as our conference keeps getting better. We have to dig out faster than the hole gets deeper. That's not an easy task, and it's going to take a really long time to accomplish.

This is a realistic post and its where Im at.

We can (and will) bitch about coaches and recruiting but it does not change the reality on the ground today.

Based on the 10 year trend, 2-11 would be an appropriate forecast.

Anything better than that would be against trend.

06b94a5fa215fbffad0f470ea7049cce.jpg

Let's not make 5-8 out to be some great accomplishment. I'm willing to be a little patient, but these coaches have to start taking bigger steps forward. Five wins could be gained by winning one conference game, which would give us a whopping three in three seasons. That's not good, regardless of circumstances.

5-8 is not a great accomplishment, but given our circumstances, it would be an appropriate outcome.

Let's not make 5-8 out to be some great accomplishment. I'm willing to be a little patient, but these coaches have to start taking bigger steps forward. Five wins could be gained by winning one conference game, which would give us a whopping three in three seasons. That's not good, regardless of circumstances.

Every single buff fan wants CU football to be bowl eligible and competing for a division title in 2015. You are correct that CU is paying coaches handsomely in exchange for better results.

But wanting is different than expecting.

Expecting 4-9 or 5-8 is a stretch when compaired to recent history. It would be an unprecedented accomplishment in contrast to CU's body of work during P12 play.

Until MacIntyre shows me otherwise, I expect another 2-4 win season. I also expect to be disappointed by that result because it is so very far from the 16-0 record I want.

Expecting a bowl game in 2015 is a masochistic excersize. It's a great stretch goal for RG and MM. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Every single buff fan wants CU football to be bowl eligible and competing for a division title in 2015. You are correct that CU is paying coaches handsomely in exchange for better results.

But wanting is different than expecting.

Expecting 4-9 or 5-8 is a stretch when compaired to recent history. It would be an unprecedented accomplishment in contrast to CU's body of work during P12 play.

Until MacIntyre shows me otherwise, I expect another 2-4 win season. I also expect to be disappointed by that result because it is so very far from the 16-0 record I want.

Expecting a bowl game in 2015 is a masochistic excersize. It's a great stretch goal for RG and MM. But I'll believe it when I see it.
So when is it OK to have real expectations for MacIntyre?

Expecting five wins is not a stretch. It's really not. 2 wins would be an outright disaster.

Probably, but I could see it. Seven takes a big leap of faith.

Yes, but I think we can all agree that "seeing it" is quite different from "expecting it". I can look at the schedule and see 6 or 7 wins if things go just right, but I certainly don't expect it to happen.

If everything goes right 6 could happen but how often does everything go right.

On the other hand if we only get 2 then some questions have to be asked about progress being made. Getting 4-5 would be a real improvement over how bad we have been.

Yes, but I think we can all agree that "seeing it" is quite different from "expecting it". I can look at the schedule and see 6 or 7 wins if things go just right, but I certainly don't expect it to happen.
Yep.

Expecting five wins is not a stretch. It's really not. 2 wins would be an outright disaster.

Under promise and over deliver is a concept that is applicable to the CU 2015 expectation game.

MacIntyre has yet to show he can coach a five win season in the P12. Five victories is vaporware. It has not happened, and is just an unproven hypothetical concept. There is no hard evidence to back up whether or not five wins is even possible with this coaching staff and this roster.

Back