What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many wins for the Buffs this year?

How many wins?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 18 14.0%

Votes: 38 29.5%

Votes: 45 34.9%

Votes: 13 10.1%

Votes: 3 2.3%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 11+

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
I went with 6 - CSU, Sac St., Fresno should all be wins (Fresno is on the road but they have a new coach). Utah at home I expect CU to win. ASU, UA, WSU and UCLA should all be winnable games - so win two of those and you are at 6. I think UDub is a little longer shot but not out of the question. I have no feel regarding how good Stanford will be or not. Oregon and USC will have CU as an extreme underdog.

I want us to win them all, I believe we can win 6, anything less than 5 will be a disappointment.

I went with 6, though it could be 4-7 in my mind.

The only for sure loss games, in my mind, are USC, Oregon and Stanford. Of the remaining 9 games, they'd have to win 6 which would be quite a task, but they could do it. I'll be glad in a couple years when the team isn't such a mystery!

Shoulder to shoulder!

I would love to hear from the 6 and more win folks what games they consider to be swing games and how many of them the Buffs win. I only see 3 games that I would be disappointed if we lost (non-Conf slate). Then we move into swing games and a few games where a Buff win would be a monumental upset.

Winning more than 5 means winning more than half of the swing games and that goes against the law of averages. Are folks setting themselves up for disappointment?

Wins (80%-99% chance): CSU, Sac State, Fresno State
Wins (2%-79% chance): UCLA, Arizona, ASU, Washington State, Washington, Utah
Wins (1% chance): USC, Oregon, Stanford

Of the 6 "up for grabs" games, I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat ASU and UCLA (new coaches and at Folsom). Arizona is terrible, has a new coach and we beat them last year, so that should be a win. Washington will probably be loss. WSU and Utah are in the air for me...WSU is in Pullman and Utah is better than the 17-14 loss to us last year would show.

I'm +90% sure about CSU and Sac State, though FSU is about 80% for me.

Forget about the other 3...the only purpose of those games will be to give the young kids an idea of the level of athleticism required to win the PAC XII. I did give us a 1% chance because they could board the wrong plane or come down with the 24 hour flu :nod:

I used to pick with my heart, even in years I knew we really would struggle. I have turned to the dark side and become a pessimist because I'm so damn frustrated with getting my hopes up and them having them crushed every year. I was spoiled when I was raised a buff fan. Missing 1 entire home game (Iowa in 92) from 1988-1999.

I realize this year how young, inexperienced and outmatched we will be talent wise in a lot of games. I want to pick 6 or 7 wins, I really do, but I don't see it. I see another season filled with penalties and growing pains.

I do have hope for our future if we can keep recruiting like we have been, but will that momentum remain after another losing season? We're going on 7 years for crying out loud. I thought I would never see the day!

I totally share your frustration! WTF happened?!? UGH!!!

I totally share your frustration! WTF happened?!? UGH!!!

For me, it's the fact that I havent been to a game in which the buffs have been even remotely competitive in in about 10 years. Spending huge amounts of time and money on the buffs to have them let me down has frustrated me. I hear the same excuses and reasons for hope year after year but things just don't seem to get better. I had some hope last year with the regime change, but really saw the same damn problems of the past. Very undisciplined play be players who looked overmatched. Things were worse, not better. Add to the above the fact that we lost most all if our best players from last year's team and I see absolutely no reason to have a possitive outlook for next year. Sigh....

For me, it's the fact that I havent been to a game in which the buffs have been even remotely competitive in in about 10 years. Spending huge amounts of time and money on the buffs to have them let me down has frustrated me. I hear the same excuses and reasons for hope year after year but things just don't seem to get better. I had some hope last year with the regime change, but really saw the same damn problems of the past. Very undisciplined play be players who looked overmatched. Things were worse, not better. Add to the above the fact that we lost most all if our best players from last year's team and I see absolutely no reason to have a possitive outlook for next year. Sigh....

Last year we were still overmatch, will be this year as well but less so. I understand your frustration but as the year went on I did see the beginnings of a change in culture on the team. I think Embree and his staff are going to get this team to a point were they play hard and they play with their heads in the game, two things missing the entire reign of the Bozo from Boise and even the last couple years of GB after he had somewhat given up in frustration.

I don't expect this team to be a finished product by any means but I will be very surprised and dissapointed if they don't take another step in the right direction this year. With this improvement and a much friendlier schedule I think moving from 3 to 6 wins is very reasonable.

Last year we were still overmatch, will be this year as well but less so. I understand your frustration but as the year went on I did see the beginnings of a change in culture on the team. I think Embree and his staff are going to get this team to a point were they play hard and they play with their heads in the game, two things missing the entire reign of the Bozo from Boise and even the last couple years of GB after he had somewhat given up in frustration.

I don't expect this team to be a finished product by any means but I will be very surprised and dissapointed if they don't take another step in the right direction this year. With this improvement and a much friendlier schedule I think moving from 3 to 6 wins is very reasonable.

I only saw it at the very end of the year. Arizona was a key win, but to beat Utah there with them playing for the PAC XII south championship was huge. I'm hoping a new team attitude, increased speed and easier schedule will help us hit 6 wins, but Darth has a point. I think 6 is being hopeful.

I dunno how much the whole playing with your head in the game thing changed. Sure, beating Utah was big as it got the road monkey off of our back, but it wasn't exactly like we were a dominant team. Remember that they missed three field goals. Also, despite being the last game of the season, we still committed 10 penalties to their 4.

How big a dropoff does everyone see in Stanford this year. They lost some elite talent

How big a dropoff does everyone see in Stanford this year. They lost some elite talent

I don't think they will be an elite team, but I'm not really sure if they were last year anyway after the injuries to the LB and the WR. They should still be able to manhandle a team like us though. Definitely a top 25 team.

our Buffs are going to outmatched talent-wise in virtually every single conference game. it is hard to pick a bunch of conference wins, knowing that. we'll have to see our staff out-coach the opposition and our team play mistake-free ball to have a chance to win. every week.

that's just where the program is right now.

I dunno how much the whole playing with your head in the game thing changed. Sure, beating Utah was big as it got the road monkey off of our back, but it wasn't exactly like we were a dominant team. Remember that they missed three field goals. Also, despite being the last game of the season, we still committed 10 penalties to their 4.

And they were playing without Wynn.

And they were playing without Wynn.
And we were playing without a secondary for 75% of the year, every team has injuries. It's simply ****ing amazing how people can't enjoy wins and have to tear them down. **** happens, it's sports.

our Buffs are going to outmatched talent-wise in virtually every single conference game. it is hard to pick a bunch of conference wins, knowing that. we'll have to see our staff out-coach the opposition and our team play mistake-free ball to have a chance to win. every week.

that's just where the program is right now.

Got to get lucky with turnovers this year.

And we were playing without a secondary for 75% of the year, every team has injuries. It's simply ****ing amazing how people can't enjoy wins and have to tear them down. **** happens, it's sports.

It's not that I can't enjoy wins. It's just that I I don't think a win over a not-very-good Utah team is an indicator of future success. Like I said, though, it was great to get the road monkey off our backs. Now we won't have to have road games vs washington stank as brick games.

I do have to say, Utah is a decent chance for a win once again. We are going to own them throughout the years no matter what the two teams are like IMO

I do have to say, Utah is a decent chance for a win once again. We are going to own them throughout the years no matter what the two teams are like IMO

Hey noobs, I'm going to like totally like pwn you noobs
Cause I pwn you, like I pwn you like pretty hard and stuff right
I'm going to give you some spanks
Just like you're like Kyle and you suck ass at all the games you try to play
Cause I pwn you, I pwn you like pretty hard and stuff right
(nice) Pwn you.. I pwn you like you're like somebody's mom trying to play the games

It's not that I can't enjoy wins. It's just that I I don't think a win over a not-very-good Utah team is an indicator of future success. Like I said, though, it was great to get the road monkey off our backs. Now we won't have to have road games vs washington stank as brick games.

It's not just the road monkey. It is the how are we going to lose this week mentality. We are a far from perfect team but we aren't playing Bama' every week. Our opponents have their issues to. I think that attitude and coaching can get us some wins. The conference teams we beat last year were arguably superior to us. This year we will be better than we were last year.

We are going to overperform this year (a make up for all the years we underperformed with Juicebox)
As was stated, we are playing a lot of teams with new coaches.

8 wins.

We are going to overperform this year (a make up for all the years we underperformed with Juicebox)
As was stated, we are playing a lot of teams with new coaches.

8 wins.

we're playing a lot of teams with new coaches who have a lot of experience. ... not saying embree isn't in their league, but he's certainly a question mark from an experience standpoint. rich rod and the pirate are experienced proven winners at the college level. mora is a good coach, but maybe not proven as proven at the college level. i don't think much of graham, but he's certainly been a hc longer than embo. we'll see...

4 or 5. Much easier schedule than last year but the most inexperienced team in the Nation won't be bowl eligible

I dunno. Utah looks pretty stacked this year. I know they won't be able to knock off USC, but they look pretty strong. Good group coming back.

I dunno. Utah looks pretty stacked this year. I know they won't be able to knock off USC, but they look pretty strong. Good group coming back.

I don't care what they look like, I just think we will be a huge thorn in their side. Just a gut feeling, but I could be wrong.

The saddest part is EVERY single team is doing this same thing on their fan sites, and EVERY single team is penciling a win over us. That is no respect.

Back