1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much did the Michigan game contribute to the Oregon win?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Sep 25, 2016.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Going in to Michigan and playing them straight up really prepared this team, and particularly Montez, to play and win at Oregon, IMO. They found out what they needed to do to win a game like that. More importantly, it helped them realize that they really can compete in those games. I think it's going to help pay dividends for the entire season, too.

So, ummm... Thanks Bohn?

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Well, I sure wish we had McCartney and Gonzalez though.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

The biggest area it helped was in the trenches. Especially for the OL. After dealing with maybe the best DL in the country, they realized what it takes and that they are capable.

Bufffan68 likes this.
  4. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

I know most here have no love lost for Mike Bohn ... and I'm sure there's lots to criticize about his tenure. But I think he did a lot of good things for CU's athletic programs in general (e.g., hiring Tad Boyle .. hello?). He came into a difficult situation with CU's football program still dealing with all the fallout from the "scandal" ... a football HC who frankly seemed to be tired of dealing with the aforementioned "scandal" and ready to give up the ghost (the beatdown by Texass in the CCG was just the last nail in the coffin) and a financial deficit in the AD that he inherited.

My only direct experiences with Mike led me to believe that he was in fact a dedicated Buff, despite his KU collegiate football roots. I worked as a game day donor parking-lot volunteer for ten years, from 1998-2007 ... in all that time, the only AD who made a point of showing up to our pre-shift morning meeting to express his gratitude for our service was Mike Bohn. That impressed me.

5. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Didn't I read somewhere on here that it was all Plati's fault?

Free the Bohn.

6. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I watched some other games this weekend. The dline for both Stanford and UCLA will present a challenge. I hope the lessons learned in the meatchicken game serve our oline well - they will be tested.

This team is learning how to win. Can some of that attitude be attributted to the game in Ann arbor? Maybe, I really don't know.

I do know this, football is fun to watch again.

7. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Worst part about Michigan is not home and home. We owe them now.

FLounder likes this.
  8. Bliff Cranch

Bliff Cranch Club Member Club Member

Well there is the upcoming Rose Bowl

FlatironsBuff and Swish like this.
  9. skibum

skibum Peed in your Cheerios. Club Member

Bohn did the little things really well.

The big things, not so much.