What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How much of the local media blowback is because they feel out of the loop?

Highlander

There can be only one
Club Member
When you set aside the Klatt's and Alfred's of the world that are personal friends with JE, how much of the local media blowback is because they feel like they are completely out of loop or even deceived by our AD?

These guys hate it when they do not know what is going on, and they have to write something, so why not negative spin it to put pressure on the AD to clue them in?

The hack job by Henderson this morning is a great example. An interview with Barnett talking about all the structural problems CU has, with the centerpiece of the article being a recommendation that CU bring in another coach to consult on the program structure and things that need to change that are not related to coaching. While Gary is right, and I would not expect him to know better, surely Henderson knows (or at least he should know) that CU just wrapped up such an effort and is in the process of implementing many of the recommendations.

The article is pretty damning of program as a whole and is totally unnecessary since the AD just got done doing exactly this. How much of the reason Henderson and others write pieces like this is as a subtle FU to CU for leaving them in the dark?

The media simply hates us, period. If I were the AD, I'd tell them to get with the program or they get no access to the basketball team this season.

The media should be on the outside looking in and reporting on actions of the AD - do you really want them on the inside trying to run the program? Klatt does an effective enough hatcheting job where he's sitting now.

If Henderson's in the dark, it's his own fault. I forget what the issue was, but he had a glaring error in one of his columns about a month ago, and Adam at Rivals said Henderson probably wouldn't know any different because he hasn't attended many practices, and Henderson's supposed to be the CU beat writer now. Same thing with the fact that a consultant was already brought in, Woody Paige, and I believe the BDC had that info last month.

Henderson is an asshole, another in long line of Denver media assholes who don't want to "waste" their time covering CU.

Even though she was a terrible writer, it's too bad we've never had a Natalie Meisler, who apparently wanted nothing more in life than to slob Sonny Lubick's knob.

Back