What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How the times have changed

rynobuff

Club Member
Club Member
KSU, NU and CU are the only teams to have gone to the big 12 champ game from the north and these three have been the dominate teams in the north since the big 12 began (and were dominate to the other 3 in big 8 times as well). Today all 3 got their asses kicked but the "weaker" 3 and two of that so called weaker 3 are top 10 teams with national championship hopes. I always though I'd love to see the day KSU and NU sucked but now I kinda miss those old days. This wont last for long though we are on the right track NU WILL get better they just will I hate to say it but a new coach who is decent will bring them back to a top 10 team, I am not sure about KSU but I wouldnt doubt if they came back too. Mizzou will probably always contend now, they have a good coach and a great state to recruit from but KU will rejoin ISU in the cellar soon enough.

ryno you seem to forget, both those coaches wear NC rings from their days as OC & DC for south teams. imho, the best coach in the Big XII this season is Kansas coach Mark Mangino.

I'll agree that Mangino is a great coach, but there's a reason he hasn't been scooped up by another program... you know, that whole "his aorta has a cheeseburger caught in it... wait, scratch that, SEVERAL cheeseburgers" thing. How much longer do you think he's really going to be around AND able to coach? I mean, people can live at his size for unlikely stretches of time, but they're rarely able to do so AND remain in "good enough" health to hold a managerial position at Arby's, let alone run a D-1 college football program.

Aside from that, Kansas is never going to be a recruiting hotbed... while it's true that Lawrence is a little nicer to look at than Lincoln, Lawrence is still only a LITTLE nicer to look at than Lincoln. They can have success in bits and pieces, but I don't think it will ever be consistent, even by CU standards.

What I say today was the result of us recruiting 2s for the last 4 years and the Tigers recruiting 3s and 4s.

If we start recruiting football players and not track athletes we wouldn't be having these conversations.

If we start recruiting football players and not track athletes we wouldn't be having these conversations.

Track athletes? Where? The Buff's one glaring deficiency is speed, at any position. If we're recruiting track athletes they must be from the special olympics!

Track athletes? Where? The Buff's one glaring deficiency is speed, at any position. If we're recruiting track athletes they must be from the special olympics!

Exactly what I was thinking. I wish we had some more guys that are on the track team as well.

Back