1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How tied to BYU us the U of Utah?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Timbuff10, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I hope their state gov doesn't screw this whole thing up by requiring BYU to be attached to Utah. If just the Utes and CU go to the PAC this would be awesome.

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I think they are tied together. If the Mountain West got an automatic BCS berth, they might be able to split.

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

4. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

They are absolutely not tied together AT ALL. BYU is completely run by the LDS Church and does not (directly) receive state funds.

5. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Much like the Baylor situation, though. Probably a majority of BYU alum in the Utah legislature who don't want to get left behind in football.

6. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

requiring BYU to be tied to Utah is just as idiotic as requiring Baylor..both are private schools!

7. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

The one local sports talk radio show I listen to around here, (the one that doesn't talk about utah jazz year round, I mean, do you really cast preseason games?) I get the feeling that the MWC is so screwed up right now with its bowl situation and its tv situation, that, a lot of fans don't mind the teams getting separated.

I have not heard anything about the Legislature getting involved at all.

8. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Yeah, and idiocy has no place in politics....

9. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

With lots of influential alums in powerful places.

I agree, but reality says otherwise.

10. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

The Utah folks could come out of this pretty good. If I were them I would lobby the BIg12/Texas to take BYU to replace CU, and then they could also add TCU so that the big12 would remain viable. This would ten open the door for the Utes to come with CU to the PAC. Could be a great thing for the state of Utah as both of their schools go to BCS conferences and would be great for the PAC so they can keep the culture, and power pretty much the same as it has been. Not to mention you wouldnt have to deal with the crazy travel schedules for all the sports and no need to worry about only getting to play the new schools once every 4 years.