What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How to win without bluechip recruits

At first read of this thread, I was wondering why it was being left in the actual recruiting forum, given that fatty had chosen to **** all over the program and coaches.

Then I got to this gem:
Go jerk yourself off at netbuffs you ****ing ****ity ****.
And I realized that there was no problem if a recruit stumbled across this thread. "Man, do I really want to seriously consider Colorado? Look what one of their fans seems to think of the current coaches and situation."

"Oh wait, it's ok, that 'fan' is a blithering idot."

Sorry to offend some of your delicate sensibilities. But, I stand by letting anyone that wants to run people off that have different opinions than themselves about the direction of the football program, know that they can go **** themselves with a pitchfork. Especially when said people have probably never even attended CU, and believe that buying a ticket to a game makes them a donor.

Hmmmmm.......Lessee: Two degrees from CU (okay take away my second diploma, it was signed by then-CU Chancellor Mary Berry--ugh!).....first game remembered: 1957 Orange Bowl win I watched with my dad on that tiny little B&W TV....first game attended with my dad, 1958, when he was delivering ice to Balch......First real game as a "paid fan": 1961 loss to Utah....followed by on and off attendance (HS coach Bud Davis and Crowder's 1st yr.) until 1964 when I started my streak of 30 years without missing a home game, with the exception of that 66' 21-19 loss to UNL---had to work that day.....multiple year donor.....banned from Huskerpedia..multiple times.........FB simply can't be referring to me, can he? Nah, just cuz I've been going to games longer than he's been semi-alive?

Sorry to offend some of your delicate sensibilities. But, I stand by letting anyone that wants to run people off that have different opinions than themselves about the direction of the football program, know that they can go **** themselves with a pitchfork. Especially when said people have probably never even attended CU, and believe that buying a ticket to a game makes them a donor.

So never attending CU or making a "real" donation forfeits anyone's right to argue with you about your stance on CU football? Got it. Thanks.

Hmmmmm.......Lessee: Two degrees from CU (okay take away my second diploma, it was signed by then-CU Chancellor Mary Berry--ugh!).....first game remembered: 1957 Orange Bowl win I watched with my dad on that tiny little B&W TV....first game attended with my dad, 1958, when he was delivering ice to Balch......First real game as a "paid fan": 1961 loss to Utah....followed by on and off attendance (HS coach Bud Davis and Crowder's 1st yr.) until 1964 when I started my streak of 30 years without missing a home game, with the exception of that 66' 21-19 loss to UNL---had to work that day.....multiple year donor.....banned from Huskerpedia..multiple times.........FB simply can't be referring to me, can he? Nah, just cuz I've been going to games longer than he's been semi-alive?
Stfu! Fatty is better than you and has more rights to determine the path of CU football!
So never attending CU or making a "real" donation forfeits anyone's right to argue with you about your stance on CU football? Got it. Thanks.

Stepped away for a few days and I come back to this, the best thread ever (Sarcasm intended). :puke::puke:

I am going to admit my ignorance right up front. After all, I can't really address recruiting with any intelligence until after I see people play. Until then, they are a complete mystery to me.

That being said, several under the radar recruits started to look like they could become very good players last year. Even through the struggles of the year. I sit here and think that on the one hand, the low number of recruits being pursued by other P5's worries me, but on the other hand I have seen, known and played with guys that were very lightly recruited that were absolute beasts. Here is to hoping we have a class full of dudes like Greg Beikert and the coaching staff to develop them into beasts.

Now for something I have a tiny bit more knowledge of, having been in school during Mac the 1st coaching reign and been employed on campus when he stepped down and RN took over. The long spiral to where we are now started when Mac was still there (No, I am not blaming Mac, perhaps more the culture that surrounded Boulder, which was/is a bit Berkley-esque). An undercurrent of dislike for athletes existed on that campus and for Mac while I was there. It started with educational elitists who don't think colleges should have sports at all (Boulder seems to have had more of those than most Universities), spread to those that didn't care for Mac's beliefs, took hold in others due to some of the off field problems before Mac left. Then the plant really took root and began to grow under RN thanks to a lack of discipline on the football team and within the entire athletic department. Finally, the entire thing blossomed when GB was in charge and just continued under DH and JE. It has been like watching a long slow moving train wreck that was so ugly it made me look back fondly to the Fairbanks years. :yeah_right: That being said, I think I see the winds of change. I think I see progress from RG and the AD's office and from Mac the 2nd. I think I see the program starting to grow again and I think we all know it can be great, after all, we have seen it before. We have seen a national championship, two decades of top 25 teams, a Heisman and top ten recruiting classes for many years in a row. It happened before, it can happen again.

But for now, I am hoping for the continued progress of the program and 5-7 wins this year and a few unexpected beasts from this recruiting class.

Back