What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How will this effect Alec?

RK

UBL
Want another chance at the dance?
Never wants to deal with the ncaa again?
Still doesnt matter? lottery pick or bust?

If Alec gets a lottery grade, he's gone. Only thing that could potentially change that is if the NBA labor situation looks like it will be worse than the NFL's and there is a good chance they don't have a season next year.

he's gone

Edit: If I were him I would go. I think he will be ranked very high, and you just can't turn down the opportunity. (Look what happened to Jake Locker in football...)

Last edited:
I think Burks is seriously torn on this. I agree that he probably won't turn down the money if he is a potential lottery pick, but the potential for a long lockout might actually influence him as well.

Can't blame him if he goes, but I really hope he stays.

Yeah, if he's a sure fire lottery pick he would be smart to go. However, it could depend on what happens with the NBA CBA as well. I've got a question. Will the NBA still have a draft if there is a lock out? If so, it'll be a difficult decision for guys thinking of coming out early, won't it? At the time of the draft, they will not know if there is going to be a season or not.

Alec did say in an interview that he's not worrying about the CBA. I was probably wrong to look at that as a factor. As was brought up, it's highly doubtful that anything will be known about the CBA at the time players announce for the draft. Even if it is, it could cut both ways. There will be people advising to come out now with the possibility of getting into the league before a less lucrative rookie cap and more restrictive free agency plan is put in place. There's a lot of money involved and almost everyone with a voice in his ear will benefit from Alec entering the NBA.

I think he has a lot to work on and would really benifit from another year. Look at chauncey, he came out after two years and was an avg player who bounced around from team to team. Its better to develop in college then in the pros. If he was drafted in back end of the lottery (which is where many of the mocks have him going) were talking about roughly $1.5 million per year with 3 years guaranteed. Thats a lot money, but not a lot by profesional athlete standards. Its not like being an NFL first rounder which basically sets you up for life. Coming back for another year would greatly increace the likelihood of him becoming a succesfull NBA player and eventually getting a big pay day.

Back