What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

howdy

OK thanks.... I'll pass... lol. I'm on a v-bulletin UGA board with most of the same games, but ours are free. Just wanted to bust out a few high scores 'tween now & Oct. 2nd.

How do you know which games we have?

How do you know which games we have?

I just click on the arcade page above... it shows the same page I get on my home board. High Score leaders, King of board, list of games etc....

I just can't play, since I no pay..... Like the girl at the Asian spa told me... "$50 massage...$50 fun".....

The first thing I'd like to point out is that there's nothin' like an SEC fan.
See, the Disney Dawg explanation was helpful, as was the going rate for an Asian massage with a happy ending. You'd never get that kind of insight from a pseudo Utah fan.

So here's the deal on CU. The only koolaid being drank in Boulder has a picture of Jim Jones on the package. We were pumped last year at this point. A year ago we had a five star RB who was presumably in shape coming into year 2. Coach Hawk had a schedule that was favorable to make an outside run for the title in the north.

Then the season started. Within 127 hours, the Buffs were 0-2 against little bro' from FoCo and the Toledo Mudhens, or whatever they are called. Both beatdowns were nationally televised. The wheels fell off.

It became clear that Coach Hawkins can't win at night, loses on the road, and must keep his diminutive noodle armed interception machine of a statue...err...son on the field. Chances are the QB position won't be settled until after OOC play. The fact CU kept Dan Hawkins around for the 2010 season is a sore spot for just about everyone wearing BnG.

I'll call it right now. CU loses to UGA even though the game is being played mid day inside the Flatiron Curtain of the people's republic of Boulder (where the paper is delivered just a little further left each morning.)

The Disney Buff in me preys for a close game where CU will be one or two or ten plays away from looking like a legit BCS caliber contender. Alas, missed snaps, bad special team coverage, some missed kicks, more penalty than rushing yards and some offensive play calling on 3rd and long or 4th down situations will lead you scratch your head will ultimately spell doom for the Buffs. It's unlikely this pattern will be broken.

Even if UGA comes in uninspired, CU will play down to that level plus just a little less. The only way CU wins would be in some fluke last play as the clock strikes zero. It would be the kind of win that causes CU fans to rush the field and UGA fans to shake their heads in disbelief. CU plays spoiler at least one time per season, and I suppose UGA might be the one, but I'm not putting any money on it.

There are a handful of Buffs who play tight, and will dish out some pain. Senior Jimmy Smith (#3) is a likely NFL corner who does a great job shutting down his side of the field. Senior OT Nate Soldier (#78) and junior OL Ryan Miller (#73) pass the eye test as big and nimble hog mollies who do a good job in the trenches. Some third down conversions will be made by slot WR Scotty McKnight (#21), who runs impeccable timing patterns and has really good hands. He just lacks speed for any YAC. It gets thin from there. The QB play, RB and receiver play is uninspired. Special teams has been a joke, and there's no evidence things will be any better in 2010. I suppose it couldn't get much worse.

I'm a big fan of LB coach Brian Cabral, who churns out great linebackers year after year. He'll undoubtedly develope his polynesian defensive backfield into a unit who can stop the run up the middle. Count on Mike Sipilli (#10) and BJ Beatty aka Ginger Fury (#59) to deliver some eye-popping hits.

I gave you numbers because the names will not be on the back of the jerseys this season.

Don't rush your trip. Loiter on and around campus all day on Friday. The setting and the weather will be perfect, and you'll catch yourself thinking that if you could do it all over again, you'd have been perfectly happy matriculating at CU.

Gameday traffic is a bit of a pain in the ass on US36 - Boulder Turnpike. Don't rush to or from the airport. Stick around and tailgate 4 or more hours before kickoff. Plan on walking around "The Hill" after the game, and then have dinner at one of the dining establishments on Pearl Street that evening.

Don't bother with Denver or Estes Park or Rocky Mtn National Park that weekend. There's enough to do and see in Boulder to keep ya' happy.

Enjoy.

I'll call it right now. CU loses to UGA even though the game is being played mid day inside the Flatiron Curtain of the people's republic of Boulder (where the paper is delivered just a little further left each morning.)

The Disney Buff in me preys for a close game where CU will be one or two or ten plays away from looking like a legit BCS caliber contender. Alas, missed snaps, bad special team coverage, some missed kicks, more penalty than rushing yards and some offensive play calling on 3rd and long or 4th down situations will lead you scratch your head will ultimately spell doom for the Buffs. It's unlikely this pattern will be broken.

Even if UGA comes in uninspired, CU will play down to that level plus just a little less. The only way CU wins would be in some fluke last play as the clock strikes zero. It would be the kind of win that causes CU fans to rush the field and UGA fans to shake their heads in disbelief. CU plays spoiler at least one time per season, and I suppose UGA might be the one, but I'm not putting any money on it. .

Dang Skid..... As the famous southern savant Lewis Grizzard once said...." Damn brother... I don't think I woulda told that"...... I know y'all are celebrating the 20yr. anniversary of the TRUE 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS at the CU-UGA game. The nerve of those A-Holes over in Atlanta at the "NORTH AVENUE TRADE SCHOOL" trying to claim a share. Believe me, every DAWG fan knows who won the REAL NC in '90... Hopefully the celebration will spur your young men to play their best. If they do, who knows what can happen.

As for our plans, we reserved 4 rooms last Oct. 3rd (cause we couldn't reserve them more than a year in advance) at the Boulder Outlook Hotel & Suites on 28th street. I think it's fairly close to everything. We're arriving on Thur. & leaving Mon...[FONT=georgia,palatino]

[/FONT]Also the LoDo's bar & grill will be the official host & meeting place for the Bulldog contingent in Boulder & the Colorado Bulldog Club is throwing a huge [FONT=georgia,palatino]Tailgate Party that will be held on CU campus, on the Business Field[/FONT] on Sat.....

I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions for y'all between now & then... Thanks for everyone's hospitality & the welcome aboard messages I've received from you Buff fans. Can't wait to visit your beautiful campus, city & state... I think y'all will enjoy interacting with us crazy redneck DAWG fans...

022509GeorgiaVandy05_dm.jpg

georgia-girl.jpg

Last edited:
Just tryin' to lull (LOL?) you into a since of false security.

Come in cocky and we gotcha right where we wancha

Dang Skid..... As the famous southern savant Lewis Grizzard once said...." Damn brother... I don't think I woulda told that"...... I know y'all are celebrating the 20yr. anniversary of the TRUE 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS at the CU-UGA game. The nerve of those A-Holes over in Atlanta at the "NORTH AVENUE TRADE SCHOOL" trying to claim a share. Believe me, every DAWG fan knows who won the REAL NC in '90... Hopefully the celebration will spur your young men to play their best. If they do, who knows what can happen.
]

Lets see Georgia fans argue with Missouri fans as to who they each think who won the MNC that year:lol:

Enjoy your trip. I know that the Buff and Dawg fans get along great. I was amazed at how well the groups got a long back in 2006 and I expect much of the same this time around. Heck, I enjoyed the Dawg fans so much, I may have to go to one of the parties being thrown just to hang out with them again.

I do have to say, however, that I have never seen a more well-behaved population of students in my life. My buddy and I were dressed in CU gear A gear surrounded by about 200 UGA students walking into the game. It was a very pleasant walk without not even a negative word spewed...only positive questions about our team and our mascot. That was the most impressive part of the trip to Athens.

Last edited:
Just saw this in the newsroom.

The game will feature some odd moments because the fight songs for both schools use different words but the same music.

Huh? Really? Which song are we talking about? Glory, glory Colorado or Fight CU down the field?

"Glory, Glory Colorado"

Glory, Glory, Colorado
Glory, Glory, Colorado
Glory, Glory, Colorado
Hurrah for the Silver and Gold!

(Repeat)

"Go Colorado"

Away we go, Go Buffalo; We want a Colorado victory.
Show them we're out to win this game,
Come on, Colorado, push onto fame.
Fight for the Silver, Fight for the Gold;
Give a rousing cheer!
Hey! Buffalo, we're gonna show,
Go, Colorado, let's go!

"Fight CU"

Fight, CU, down the field.
CU must win.
Fight, fight for victory.
CU knows no defeat.
We'll roll up a mighty score.
Never give in!
Shoulder to shoulder we will
Fight, fight, fight!

"Glory"
(Played after a score)

Glory, glory to old Georgia!
G-E-O-R-G-I-A.
G-E-O-R-G-I-A.

"Hail Georgia"
(Played after the PAT)

Hail to Georgia down in Dixie!
Our college honored fair and true,
The Red and Black is her standard,
Proudly it waves!
Streaming today and the ages through,
She's the fairest of the Southland,
We'll pledge our love to her for aye,
To that college dear we'll ring a cheer,
All hail to dear old UGA!

Just saw this in the newsroom.

Huh? Really? Which song are we talking about? Glory, glory Colorado or Fight CU down the field?

Or could it be the one where the student section ends it off with the "F*** 'EM UP, F*** 'EM UP! GO CU!" ?

Which BTW, is the CORRECT response to the Dr. Who (?) music lead-in, - people who think it's the "Rough 'em up" are flat out out wrong.
Although now that I am bringing my 10-yr olds to the game, I do have to check myself for a little while. :lol:
I'll teach 'em the RIGHT words when I drop them off at the dorm as they begin their freshman year Fall 2018.:smile2:

Last edited:
Back