1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howell blog: CU Buffs like Severson's potential as kick returner

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Sep 18, 2013.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Brian Howell, Buffzone.com

It's not often that linebackers get the assignment of returning kickoffs, but true freshman Ryan Severson is not the typical linebacker.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I still don't see why he's at LB. Anyways, am I wrong if I recall that Embree yanked whoever made a mistake, especially at KO? It was like musical chairs back there. I'm glad to see MacIntyre give them another chance, and I'm sure the players appreciate it too.

3. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Yeah, I hammered on the way Jon did that to real young guys. If the kid is good enough to win the job in August, how does he get relegated to the bench for a simple mistake in game 1, for the season, if not a career?

Players need confidence. If you are intent on tearing it down, you got nothing. I think Jon thought it was the tough-love NFL way. Interestingly, Bill Parcells' disciple HCMM uses a confidence-building approach.

4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

that is pretty standard of the professional approach to the game: "get it right or we'll get you out of here."