What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How's everyone doing up in Boulder? Can't believe they closed campus today.

I got to experience a 7 footer when I was living up in the mountains above Durango in '05. Power out, roads closed, roofs collapsing. Not so awesome.

As snow alludes to, it happens consistently out west. My record was 8 feet from a storm in tahoe over 60 inches of it in 24 hours.

Just got home, wife had the kids in Colorado Springs at my in-laws. Left work and picked them up. Came home via Canon City, about 2 hours 15 minutes. Going to be able to get them to school in the morning but don't know if US24 will be open for me to get to work again in the morning.

Hope all the allbuffers are safe and secure.

Just got home, wife had the kids in Colorado Springs at my in-laws. Left work and picked them up. Came home via Canon City, about 2 hours 15 minutes. Going to be able to get them to school in the morning but don't know if US24 will be open for me to get to work again in the morning.

Hope all the allbuffers are safe and secure.

agreed please stay safe.

I hope all CU students are doing okay. I'm beginning to question the decision to have the game on Saturday instead of helping people who need it. Estes Park was hit very, very, very hard. This is a time to help people not hold a football game in my opinion.

In Niwot, I had 8 inches of rain as of this morning, since Mon afternoon, in a home depot bucket I put out.
I had another 5 inches earlier today. NO problems at my house, on a bit of high ground.
But my office building appears to have formed a small pond near the building and I'm sure the basement has taken in water.

A lot of homes in South Longmont took on water today. SIlver Creek HS was an evacuation spot, but now they are evacuating that to Niwot HS. One of my neighbors had a gutter problem that waterfalled into their basement window well, which then came into the basement and flooded a very nice finished basement....

Just got a new text on my phone from CU. Seems Boulder Creek is rising. Currently at 5,000 cubic feet per second and "severe flooding imminent". Again, this is as of just a few minutes ago, not some old text from this morning.

Just got a new text on my phone from CU. Seems Boulder Creek is rising. Currently at 5,000 cubic feet per second and "severe flooding imminent". Again, this is as of just a few minutes ago, not some old text from this morning.

That's insane.

I'm thinking about hitting up Twitter to ask the CU AD to call off this game.

Well, I'm sure if you ask nicely..... :lol:

I don't necessarily disagree with you about the wisdom of holding the game. But if you think that tweeting the CU AD is going to affect that decision, I think you're mistaken...

IF the game was called off, rescheduling would be a nightmare given the likelihood of Fresno being in the MWC Championship Game on Dec. 7th. Their open dates are Oct. 12th and Nov. 16th

IF the game was called off, rescheduling would be a nightmare given the likelihood of Fresno being in the MWC Championship Game on Dec. 7th. Their open dates are Oct. 12th and Nov. 16th

Maybe we can get them to come for a Thursday night game on short rest.

No need to reschedule or cancel the game. Those who are going can very well make a decision on whether they want to attend a football game or volunteer in flood clean up. Clean up has been an ongoing issue all summer in the Manitou Springs area...the volunteers are truly exceptional people.

I truly believe that a person who is prone to volunteering in a situation like flood clean up will choose to volunteer rather than go to a football game. If this means attendance is down then so be it.

Now if the game cannot be held safely due to weather or flooding that is a different story.

I'm thinking about hitting up Twitter to ask the CU AD to call off this game.

Why? Lots of people need help every single day. Yet, we still play and watch football every weekend instead of cancelling the game to help others. Unless this flood is such a tragedy that it would be disrespectful to play the game, there is no reason to call it off.

Just saw this, not sure of accuracy and hope all safe: "Evacuation ordered: Mouth of Boulder Canyon to Broadway, Pearl to Marine GO TO HIGHER GROUND immediately #boulderflood"

Well this is pretty ****ing crazy. I'm only about 59 feet away from Marine and Broadway where they've been evacuated

I am assuming there is some kind of housing for those who have been evacuated. Is this true? A friend of mine has a daughter who is a sophomore at CU and was evacuated this afternoon. They talked her into coming home to C. Springs and Dad talked her through her anxiety in packing up and leaving her apartment. I haven't seen anything about shelter for the evacuees, but I admittedly haven't looked either.

Just saw this, not sure of accuracy and hope all safe: "Evacuation ordered: Mouth of Boulder Canyon to Broadway, Pearl to Marine GO TO HIGHER GROUND immediately #boulderflood"

I saw that too, but haven't seen anything else about it on tv or online.

I am assuming there is some kind of housing for those who have been evacuated. Is this true? A friend of mine has a daughter who is a sophomore at CU and was evacuated this afternoon. They talked her into coming home to C. Springs and Dad talked her through her anxiety in packing up and leaving her apartment. I haven't seen anything about shelter for the evacuees, but I admittedly haven't looked either.

I looked. Not seeing a damn thing for evacuated students. The City of Boulder's response? "Please help your neighbors."

For those of you in Boulder, where are these people sleeping tonight?

#BoulderFlood is reporting a 30 foot surge is coming towards Boulder...better run as far away from the creek!

EDIT: Cars are in that surge....GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE! Emerson Gulch just blew!

Last edited:
Back