What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huge props to Fresno State University and their administration

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
Fir those of you who didnt follow the decision closely or stream the CU presser announcing the game cancellation you should have. As many of you now know FSU was headed to their charter to come to Colorado when we first delayed them and then called the game off. No one would have blamed them for being frustrated and venting a little about the lost expense, but did you guys catch their response?

The turned around and said: "Well the charter is paid for rather than have it go to waste how can we help? What can we fly out to you? People? Blankets? Food?"

Pure class on the part of Fresno State and it's admin on that one.

Could they come out and fly me to Vegas?

Honestly, very nice of them.

That really is a class move on their part... :thumbsup:

I hope we had them ship us a load of speed (and I'm not talking about the drug...)

If it were me on the CU end of the line, I'd have requested 50 cases of Pliney the Elder and several hundred pairs of Google Glass.

That was a hell of a nice gesture. I wonder if they really sent anything that would help those in need?

1. Fresno State
2. Butler
3. Georgia
4. Yale
5. Mississippi State

Fact.

Press release from Fresno State...

Sept. 16, 2013

FRESNO, Calif. - Fresno State Athletics has teamed up with the American Red Cross to help raise money that will go towards the recovery efforts in Boulder, Colo. following record rainfall led to devastating floods in the area this past week.

Led by the Fresno State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), around 25-30 student-athletes and another 25-30 Red Cross volunteers will be collecting donations from 4:30-6:15 p.m. in and around Bulldog Stadium on Friday night when the 'Dogs play Boise State at 6 p.m. in a game being televised nationally by ESPN.

"As a part of SAAC here at Fresno State, we realize that this would be a tremendous opportunity to help out a fellow institution as well as a community that is in serious tribulation due to a terrible natural disaster," said Bulldog sophomore football player Jordan Brown. "We hope to do all we can to help and ensure this college campus and entire town can return to its normal lifestyle as soon possible"

Fresno State and the University of Colorado were scheduled for a football game on Saturday, Sept. 14 before the floodwaters caused the postponement of the game. No make-up date has been set.

On Saturday, Fresno State head coach Tim DeRuyter said "we understand the tragic situation there and we send our thoughts and prayers out to the people of Colorado and wish them the best in their recovery efforts."

All proceeds raised on Friday night will go to the American Red Cross in helping the residents of Boulder County recover from the devastation of the floods.

Sept. 16, 2013

FRESNO, Calif. - Fresno State Athletics has teamed up with the American Red Cross to help raise money that will go towards the recovery efforts in Boulder, Colo. following record rainfall led to devastating floods in the area this past week.

Led by the Fresno State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), around 25-30 student-athletes and another 25-30 Red Cross volunteers will be collecting donations from 4:30-6:15 p.m. in and around Bulldog Stadium on Friday night when the 'Dogs play Boise State at 6 p.m. in a game being televised nationally by ESPN.

"As a part of SAAC here at Fresno State, we realize that this would be a tremendous opportunity to help out a fellow institution as well as a community that is in serious tribulation due to a terrible natural disaster," said Bulldog sophomore football player Jordan Brown. "We hope to do all we can to help and ensure this college campus and entire town can return to its normal lifestyle as soon possible"

Fresno State and the University of Colorado were scheduled for a football game on Saturday, Sept. 14 before the floodwaters caused the postponement of the game. No make-up date has been set.

On Saturday, Fresno State head coach Tim DeRuyter said "we understand the tragic situation there and we send our thoughts and prayers out to the people of Colorado and wish them the best in their recovery efforts."

All proceeds raised on Friday night will go to the American Red Cross in helping the residents of Boulder County recover from the devastation of the floods.

Awesome Dogg. Thanks so much to the Fresno State Community.

Best of luck with your recovery! Any little thing Fresno and the San Joaquin Valley can do to help is our pleasure. Football aside, we are all humans renting time on the same patch of the Universe. Mother nature has reminded us once again how small we are, and we really are at her mercy.

Boulder is one of this country's gems, and it just sucks what has happened. But you will persevere, and rebuild. Football will always be there. Those of use who've been around a while remember the days when CU was a feared and respected national program that competed for national titles. As a Fresno State fan, I always appreciated CU for having the stones to schedule us, and also, to at least return a game dating back to the Pat Hill years.

My hope is we could set up a long-standing series, but I know since you are locked into playing CSU every year that may not be in the cards. Truly, best of luck with everything. Mac will get you turned around, I have no doubt.

BTW - I always liked Pat Hill. He was on my short list when we hired hawins' dumb @ss and waterbottle&co

good luck to you Dogg and the rest of the season (until we meet again).

Sept. 16, 2013

Thanks for sharing. Rep.

Back