What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huge props to Fresno State University and their administration

Press release from Fresno State...

Sept. 16, 2013

FRESNO, Calif. - Fresno State Athletics has teamed up with the American Red Cross to help raise money that will go towards the recovery efforts in Boulder, Colo. following record rainfall led to devastating floods in the area this past week.

Led by the Fresno State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), around 25-30 student-athletes and another 25-30 Red Cross volunteers will be collecting donations from 4:30-6:15 p.m. in and around Bulldog Stadium on Friday night when the 'Dogs play Boise State at 6 p.m. in a game being televised nationally by ESPN.

"As a part of SAAC here at Fresno State, we realize that this would be a tremendous opportunity to help out a fellow institution as well as a community that is in serious tribulation due to a terrible natural disaster," said Bulldog sophomore football player Jordan Brown. "We hope to do all we can to help and ensure this college campus and entire town can return to its normal lifestyle as soon possible"

Fresno State and the University of Colorado were scheduled for a football game on Saturday, Sept. 14 before the floodwaters caused the postponement of the game. No make-up date has been set.

On Saturday, Fresno State head coach Tim DeRuyter said "we understand the tragic situation there and we send our thoughts and prayers out to the people of Colorado and wish them the best in their recovery efforts."

All proceeds raised on Friday night will go to the American Red Cross in helping the residents of Boulder County recover from the devastation of the floods.

Fresno has become one of my favorite schools based on how they have responded. It is amazing how far above and beyond this school and the folks associated with it have gone. Completely class act and I know not all institutions and fans would react this way. Thanks for passing this onto us! Go Dogs and beat Boise St!

Fresno has earned my respect and has vaulted to my second favorite team. Thank you Dog fans for your generosity!

Back