What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Husker assistant coach goes public with his anti-gay stance. Only in Lincoln...

My favorite mentality:

The question I have for you all is, like Pontius Pilate, what are you going to do with Jesus?" Brown asked. "Ultimately, if you don't have a relationship with him, and you don't really have a Bible-believing mentality, really, anything goes... At the end of the day, it matters what God thinks most."

I don't have a problem with it. He should be clear as to when he is speaking as a representative of the university when he wants to discuss things like this. But a university community needs to be a place where the free expression of beliefs is encouraged. As long as he doesn't advocate discriminatory practices against the gay community, I don't know why this is an issue. He's saying that sexual orientation shouldn't be part of the list with gender, race, culture and religion.

If I was a leader in the gay community, I think my next move would be to create a christian church sect and make gay sex a sacrament. Then, I could bring suit on the grounds of religious persecution when these issues arise.

I also think as buff fans we shouldn't throw rocks. We had a certain coach that made similar comments while using CU as a pulpit.

Reactions: aik
Only in Lincoln? Come on. Apparently you have a very short memory or you are very young.

Meh, his opinion.
Good for him. Still a free country for now. He should stand up for his beliefs. Not as a public figure though. At least during these liberal only tolerant times. Hopefully we can return to a time where public figures aren't bashed for being christian and expressing it publicly.

I also think as buff fans we shouldn't throw rocks. We had a certain coach that made similar comments while using CU as a pulpit.

Was wondering how many posts it would take to mention it. Yes, this exactly.

Whatever. Obviously this stance is fine with his AD. If I was his AD, I'd tell him to worry about winning games. While I'm not a Tebow fan, I understand more leeway for his outspokenness, as he wasn't a university employee and put butts in the seats.

I'm fine with people having opinions. I just hope the focus in NE is on this and the focus in Boulder this time around is on winning football games.

Whatever. Obviously this stance is fine with his AD. If I was his AD, I'd tell him to worry about winning games. While I'm not a Tebow fan, I understand more leeway for his outspokenness, as he wasn't a university employee and put butts in the seats.

I'm fine with people having opinions. I just hope the focus in NE is on this and the focus in Boulder this time around is on winning football games.

You do know who the NU AD is right?

You do know who the NU AD is right?

Sure do. Why do you ask? I prefer not to mention him by name, as doing so could possibly make me throw up in my mouth. I was just pointing out that it's not much of a controversy if it's okay with your boss & he personally agrees with what is said.

He's a politician & knows how to play the game.

Sure do. Why do you ask? I prefer not to mention him by name, as doing so could possibly make me throw up in my mouth. I was just pointing out that it's not much of a controversy if it's okay with your boss & he personally agrees with what is said.

He's a politician & knows how to play the game.
Just wanted to make sure you knew who it was.

Back