What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Husker Extra's Steven Sipple picks CU 2nd in the North

8 turnovers isn't just the bounces going against a team. It's a complete and total fluke that you could not duplicate if you played that game a million times over. Again, if you look around on here, it's everyone claiming Suh was the whole team, but he sucked when he played CU. So which is it? How did NU still win against CU if Suh was the only reason for success? Is every single publication wrong? Is every other guy on the defense a complete chump? Seems to be what you're indicating here.
You're absolutely right about CU playing a close game almost every year. They will have a chance, but the magnitude of the game, the significance of it being the last in the series and the last in the conference, along with it being senior day makes it heavily in NU's favor. Bottom line: your original post said THEY WILL lose 3-4 games. THEY WILL lose to UW, UT, aTm, and CU. Don't speak in absolutes if you don't want to be challenged.
Challenge accepted. NU will lose that many games this year. The Nebraska D minus Suh is not a bunch of chumps, they're actually very good - but not otherworldly good like they were most of last year, which is the only reason the CCG game was close. National publications, which are usually wrong, are basically assuming that Nebraska will have the same D as they had last year, that Crick will carry them like Suh. That won't happen (although it will feel that way after a few early cupcakes). Not having a solid starting QB might affect their success this year as well...
Yes, CU neutralized Suh last year, but CU has shown the ability to beat themselves regularly the last four years in very creative ways despite doing some very positive things. Kind of like giving up a Punt TD and INT TD to Nebraska, outgaining the Huskers by almost 200 yards only to lose by a score.

I don't post here much, I am more of a lurker....But me being from Nebraska I wanted to chime in on a few thoughts......

1) The husker fans have EXTREMELY high expectations this season. I know people who are already planning on partying down on 72'nd and dodge (which for you out-of-stater's is where all the husker fans would go and party after a national championship). If you want to read something funny, read this from a husker fan...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-how-many-top-25-teams-would-the-huskers-beat

Here's my beef, and this was noted in a previous post. They haven't beaten anyone in the top 20 (unless you consider OU last year top 20 material) since 2001. They have never won a big game since then, sure they have come close, but close ain't a "W". You don't get brownie points for not finishing out a game and losing...CU came close to beating Georgia and Alabama a few years ago, we tried to hang our hats on that and look where we went. I am not saying by any means NU is going to be bad, I think they are top 15-20 material(and a lot of that has to do with their amazing strength of schedule).

2) Ain't no way, no how, NU's defense is better than last year's. You don't replace a defensive lineman who should've and almost did win the heisman and be better. Suh demanded double and triple teams, not only freeing up Crick (which is why his number are so high), but also letting the linebackers roam free. Suh was the equivalent of having 1-2 extra players on the field because that's how much attention he commanded. Not only did NU lose Suh, they lost 5 out of their top 8 returning tacklers from last year, over half their sacks, and their interception leader....I'm sorry but you don't lose all of that an become better. Sorry Nebraska, you aren't USC and can just "re-load" every year with talent. Who knows, maybe my feelings also have to do with our S**** ass offense ringing up over 400 yards on NU's D. Maybe they have a lot of potential on the defensive side of the ball coming in, but potential absolutely doesn't equal experience.

3) NU's offense is not that good at all. Period. Their best offensive player? Kicker, Alex Henery. He's what Mason was to us a few years back. And let's all remember, Watson is still the offensive coordinator. Can we say "predictable"

4) I think there are quite a few games on NU's schedule that aren't gimme's.
Washington - Even though they are picked sixth in the pac 10, Sarkisian has them going in the right direction. Locker is a beast.
@KSU - Could be a revenge game from last year. Their run game with Thomas will be good.
Texas - NU's toughest and most hyped game. Could go either way, talent in Texas's favor though.
@Okie State - NU seems to have trouble with those high octane offenses (i.e Texas Tech).
Mizzou - Could easily challenge NU for the north. Gabbert is a very good player, seems to always be a close game. It's in lincoln though, so that's in NU's favor
@A&M - See Okie State above
CU - Always a close game. Either team could suck and it would still be close.

Should be an interesting year......

Challenge accepted. NU will lose that many games this year. The Nebraska D minus Suh is not a bunch of chumps, they're actually very good - but not otherworldly good like they were most of last year, which is the only reason the CCG game was close. National publications, which are usually wrong, are basically assuming that Nebraska will have the same D as they had last year, that Crick will carry them like Suh. That won't happen (although it will feel that way after a few early cupcakes). Not having a solid starting QB might affect their success this year as well...
Yes, CU neutralized Suh last year, but CU has shown the ability to beat themselves regularly the last four years in very creative ways despite doing some very positive things. Kind of like giving up a Punt TD and INT TD to Nebraska, outgaining the Huskers by almost 200 yards only to lose by a score.

All very good points. Don't take me as one of those delusional NU fans that thinks the D will be better even without Suh. They will drop off a bit, but I believe that the offense will improve as much as the D declines, if not more. I doubt that Crick will be the next Suh, but the talent around him will be better than it was last season. Bo fixed the defense in the 2 years that he's been in Lincoln. Now that that's situated, they've been focusing on the offense. The QB situation is troubling to me, but I just don't see how they will drop four games, especially with some of the hardest (UT, Mizz, CU) at home, where NU has an advantage with the crowd. If I'm wrong I will humbly eat my crow at the end of the season.

Back