What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Husker fans

I can't stand Estes Park. Now I know why. I like to get through that town as fast as possible when I'm heading into the park.
I think about this post every time I visit the park but until now have always forgotten to respond.

I don't hate the town of Estes, but the traffic can suck in peak seasons. On a summer Saturday, the traffic through Estes can add 30 - 45 minutes to the drive easy and is worth avoiding.

The solution is Mary's Lake Road from Hwy 7. This is a standard route for me, but normally Boulder/Denver folks will come up 36 from Lyons. I suggest taking Canyon Blvd from Boulder up through Nederland instead, and then the Peak to Peak Highway (72) to Hwy 7 to Mary's Lake Road and into the park's Beaver Meadows entrance.

This will add 20 minutes to your drive under no traffic conditions, but is far more scenic. I love driving up Canyon to Nederland, and this route gives you a good excuse to go through the towns of Ned (breakfast options) and Ward (always good for a laugh), and avoids 90% of the traffic. This route also takes you past some of the smaller and lesser visited park entrances like Lily Lake, Longs Peak, Twin Sisters and Wild Basin, great pull-offs for viewing Longs Peak and Mt Meeker as well as takes you right by the Chapel on a Rock church in Allenspark.

For those north of Boulder though, I'm guessing this route will add a little more than 20 minutes. The more adventurous might consider Sunshine Canyon through Gold Hill where it meets up with the Peak to Peak Hwy in between Ned and Ward.

Last edited:
listening to sports talk this morning and the topic was tibodeau and the wolves. john in minneapolis calls and wants to talk about the husker spring game and the 73,000 morons that attended. the host mentioned osu had 30,000 more attend and moved along because why the **** would anyone here care about that?

listening to sports talk this morning and the topic was tibodeau and the wolves. john in minneapolis calls and wants to talk about the husker spring game and the 73,000 morons that attended. the host mentioned osu had 30,000 more attend and moved along because why the **** would anyone here care about that?

Someone should buy that host a beer or two.

Packer fan > fusker fan

Hell, a plague ridde, one eyed, three legged rodent with hemoroids> a fusker fan.

fify

At least Packer fans can actually sometimes think about and discuss things other than the Packers (even if it is bad beer, snow, and warm places to go in the winter.) It says all you need to know that fuskers can invade a place like Estes Park and flock to a store full of red and white chinese made crap.

Living in Fuskerland, it seems that the second most seen obligatory apparel item behind Fusker crap is Estes Park gift shop apparel. I did see a guy wearing a Breckenridge hat today. Not sure if he is a Fusker or just passing through. Either way, you folks in Colorado need to be diligent. For every Fusker that you see, there are 4 that you don't. If they are making their way up into Breckenridge, the blight might be spreading.

Stood in line today in Italy to order Street food (Panino al Lampredotto, I.E. tripe sandwich), behind a fat ass from Nebraska. He decided to give a dissertation to the street vendor about the virtues of Nebraska Corn Fed beef. These people really think this is interesting? To a street vendor who not only doesn't speak English, but also not Italian? God they are a pain in the ass.

Fuskers may be the purest embodiment of one of my favorite idioms: you don't know what you don't know.

"Ignorance is bliss" is another good one for them. My step-daughter is marrying into that siht next month, and I fear we may never be able to save her. So sad to see her eyes scale over.

Stood in line today in Italy to order Street food (Panino al Lampredotto, I.E. tripe sandwich), behind a fat ass from Nebraska. He decided to give a dissertation to the street vendor about the virtues of Nebraska Corn Fed beef. These people really think this is interesting? To a street vendor who not only doesn't speak English, but also not Italian? God they are a pain in the ass.
I'll admit that I had to reread your post to confirm what I thought that I was reading, a Fusker in another country. Most of them have never gone beyond a surrounding state let alone had the wherewithal to obtain a passport and leave the country. He was probably on group vacation advertised on the local news channel. Why anyone would want to go on a group vacation with their weatherman and his wife is beyond me, but I digress.

Did he ask the vendor if he had seen the spring game too?

I'm at Vail. Saw a couple this morning who were both wearing Nebraska gear. I asked them where they were from and they both said Omaha at exactly the same time.

Both of them fell into the obese category. Nasty.

I'm at Vail. Saw a couple this morning who were both wearing Nebraska gear. I asked them where they were from and they both said Omaha at exactly the same time.

Both of them fell into the obese category. Nasty.

Obese by Nebraska standards or Colorado's?

I dunno all I know is that they were very large people. As n if you sat next to one of them in an airplane you would be pissed off because they should have bought two seats.

I think about this post every time I visit the park but until now have always forgotten to respond.

I don't hate the town of Estes, but the traffic can suck in peak seasons. On a summer Saturday, the traffic through Estes can add 30 - 45 minutes to the drive easy and is worth avoiding.

The solution is Mary's Lake Road from Hwy 7. This is a standard route for me, but normally Boulder/Denver folks will come up 36 from Lyons. I suggest taking Canyon Blvd from Boulder up through Nederland instead, and then the Peak to Peak Highway (72) to Hwy 7 to Mary's Lake Road and into the park's Beaver Meadows entrance.

This will add 20 minutes to your drive under no traffic conditions, but is far more scenic. I love driving up Canyon to Nederland, and this route gives you a good excuse to go through the towns of Ned (breakfast options) and Ward (always good for a laugh), and avoids 90% of the traffic. This route also takes you past some of the smaller and lesser visited park entrances like Lily Lake, Longs Peak, Twin Sisters and Wild Basin, great pull-offs for viewing Longs Peak and Mt Meeker as well as takes you right by the Chapel on a Rock church in Allenspark.

For those north of Boulder though, I'm guessing this route will add a little more than 20 minutes. The more adventurous might consider Sunshine Canyon through Gold Hill where it meets up with the Peak to Peak Hwy in between Ned and Ward.
Hey new guy, thanks for telling us how to drive around.

I was living in Europe, and was reluctant to buy European beef (not a euphemism). I was so brainwashed by the message of American Corn Fed beef, I was confident that the beef in the rest of the world was substandard (which it kind of is in Australia and New Zealand, which also contributed to my perception).

Our friendly neighborhood butcher introduced us to grass fed Irish Angus. My eyes were opened. It was far superior beef than that to which I was accustomed in America.

huskers are ****ing idots.

I **** you not, they are recruiting Darnay Holmes' gf on Twitter.

I cant believe anyone would find that appropriate. I follow Holmes and KJJ so I see them retweet it all the time.

I was living in Europe, and was reluctant to buy European beef (not a euphemism). I was so brainwashed by the message of American Corn Fed beef, I was confident that the beef in the rest of the world was substandard (which it kind of is in Australia and New Zealand, which also contributed to my perception).

Our friendly neighborhood butcher introduced us to grass fed Irish Angus. My eyes were opened. It was far superior beef than that to which I was accustomed in America.

huskers are ****ing idots.

Kobe beef in Japan/Okinawa is fabulous. No corn for those bovines.

Ausie beef was a little tough and stringy when I was down there but I liked the flavor, tasted like real meat.

Nik is right, cattle were not intended to spend the majority of their life standing knee deep in their own waste in a feedlot eating corn and the artificial nutrients they mix into it.

***raska beef is like ***raska people, excessively fatty and lacking in taste.

Living in Fuskerland, it seems that the second most seen obligatory apparel item behind Fusker crap is Estes Park gift shop apparel. I did see a guy wearing a Breckenridge hat today. Not sure if he is a Fusker or just passing through. Either way, you folks in Colorado need to be diligent. For every Fusker that you see, there are 4 that you don't. If they are making their way up into Breckenridge, the blight might be spreading.
I disagree with this. In my experience, they pretty much go out of their way to ensure everybody knows they're fuskers. I assume anybody not wearing fusker gear is a normal human being.

From The National Cattleman's Beef Association.
Top 5 states for cattle in feedlots with capacity more than 1000 head (as of Jan 1, 2016)
1. Texas - 2.43 million
2. Nebraska - 2.20 million
3. Kansas - 2.09 million
4. Colorado - .870 million
5. Iowa - .620 million

They brag about their beef because there is little else to hang their N hats on.

From The National Cattleman's Beef Association.
Top 5 states for cattle in feedlots with capacity more than 1000 head (as of Jan 1, 2016)
1. Texas - 2.43 million
2. Nebraska - 2.20 million
3. Kansas - 2.09 million
4. Colorado - .870 million
5. Iowa - .620 million

They brag about their beef because there is little else to hang their N hats on.
My "EAT BEEF" license plate from the Kansas cattle association is a prized possession.

Holy cow, ignorance abounds. Most cattle that are born to be butchered have a life that goes like this:
- Born to a mother who is a "breeder", spends her life in pastures and fields eating grass and hay.
- Baby spends most of a year following mom around, eventually weaning, starting to eat grass. In their first spring, they are vaccinated, polled, and boys are castrated (steers here) to let them grow fatter.
- Separated from mom, they now weigh somewhere sound 500# and are kept at the same ranch, or sold to "yearling" operations that continue the grass diet, slowly adding richer alfalfa or something similar, then gradually started on a mix with ground corn. They digest it (with their four "stomachs") much better than people do, and greatly prefer corn to grass - think AllBuffers and burritos, not natural like nuts and berries, but preferred and fattening.
- As they mature, they are able to easily consume more corn, making them fatter and tastier (to most people). At this point, they weigh a nearly 1000# and are generally about a year and a half old. Through brokers or auctions, they are sold to feedlots for "finishing."
- Feedlots increase their protein and carb intake (corn) to make them out on a lot of weight. It's in the feedlot operators best interest to keep the areas dry and as clean as possible for economic reasons - vaccinations aren't cheap, and you can't sell sick cattle for human consumption. They are fed for a few months until they are deemed ripe, then they head to the packing plant.

"Grass fed" doesn't necessarily mean "free range", and they often come from the same place that the corny cattle come from. Corn fed cattle are what most everybody eats in the US, and it's been that way since corn or similarly rich feed became relatively easy to grow, decades ago. Most other places around the world that can afford this process, raise their cattle in a similar fashion. Ranchers and feedlot operators simply fill a demand, if more people decide to go "grass fed", that's what they'll provide.

**** Nebraska.

Back