What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Husker QB decision

NW Buff

Club Member
Club Member
I guess this question is for the Husker lurkers around here, but how do you feel about Bo Peep not being willing to name a starter until they take the field?

Given what's happened with the Buffs since Hawkins arrived, I'm associate not being willing to name a starter as the lack of somebody stepping up rather than an excess of riches.

Doesn't really have anythign to do with the topic, but the more I think about it, the more I think NU goes down in Seattle.

Pelini knows what he is doing. I would expect the QB situation will be just fine. I would rather have it this way then what has been going on with the Colorado QB controversy the last several seasons.

We'll see in a few weeks what happens vs Washington. It's to early to tell either way.

Pelini knows what he is doing. I would expect the QB situation will be just fine. I would rather have it this way then what has been going on with the Colorado QB controversy the last several seasons.

We'll see in a few weeks what happens vs Washington. It's to early to tell either way.

Based off your offense play last year you think so? Also I would trust what Pelini is doing when it comes to the defense, but I would be nervous with what he is doing with offense and QB

Just a gut feeling on my part, but here is my take on it.

Lee starts the first 3 games, he may not be in for long but will be the starter, the other 2 get quality snaps to show what they can do and by the time the Washington game rolls around one of the 3 will be named the starter.

I think this is gettig a bit over blown. Is it an issue, yea, but everyone knew QB would be the teams biggest question mark coming into the season. They are going to rely on a strong defense and running game to win games, not so much QB play. My money is on Cody Green, fwiw.

Lee will be the starter. Regardless of how dumb the offensive coaches may act at times, they're not dumb enough to put someone else in without the experience that Lee has as a starter. The history of college football has countless examples of guys who grew by leaps and bounds from year one to year two as a starter. Martinez is an incredible athlete, but is struggling as a passer. Look for him to come in and make plays situationally. Cody Green had all spring and summer to be the man with Lee out and he couldn't do squat. He will transfer or switch positions after this season, imho. Everything I'm hearing out of Lincoln is that NU will not have to rely on the arm of the qb to win and that the running game will carry the day. I'd say that's true unless they're playing UT, OU, or anyone else with a great D. Color me skeptical until the qb wins a big game.

Back