1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Husker QB frontrunner Witt to leave NU

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffaholic, Feb 22, 2009.

1. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I know he was the front runner for the QB job, but how good was this kid supposed to be?

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Gotta wonder if he was actually the frontrunner.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

These things normally happen after spring ball. Maybe it's something more than that.

5. Duff Man

He was an early enrollee back in 2007, so this would have been his third Spring in Lincoln. Seemed like he was the leader because he knew the playbook, but none of the NU backups have seen much game action.

6. Duff Man

Agreed.

7. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I heard Pelini was contemplating making him a fullback. That might just be a rumor, though.

8. buffaholic

something happened and being told he was no longer the front runner would probably do it. He backed up Ganz last year.

When I pointed out to some Husker fans that they were awfully confident about 2009 for a team that would be handing it over to an unproven QB, they gushed how good this guy was supposed to be. I don't think Zac Lee was the answer as he went from #2 to #3 this year.

At any rate, the media certainly was predicting that Witt would be the starter...

The poor guy is going to stay in Lincoln until May. That would not be too much fun imo.

9. Duff Man

Outside of Reesing, the North QBs are not exactly world-beaters. This is going to be a wide open division.

10. Sexton Hardcastle

That's the weird part. These things take care of themselves after spring ball ends. Not before. Strange. :huh:

11. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Most likely IMO what's happening here is he's seeing the writing on the wall. All of our back-ups were pretty even as far as playing ability goes and the main reason he was the 2nd stringer was because of his knowledge of the playbook. Having said that, Spano and the incoming Green are going to challenge hard for this position and it wouldn't surprise me if they are starting before Zac Lee. Witt is probably seeing this unfold and feels like he is being left with no choice. Stay and be a back-up for the rest of my college career, or leave and get a chance to start someplace else. I wish him luck and it sucks sometimes for these kids to be put into this position. :huh:

12. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

outstanding

13. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Correct and kansas is one game i'm hoping cu pays them back. Last 3 years CU had a chance to beat them especially in 06 and 07.

No world beaters for sure.

14. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Of course all the fusker sites are filled with the usual "he's not that good" posts, not saying we don't do the same but it is funny nevertheless

15. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I heard he is leaving because of the Gonorrhea epidemic among the football team.

16. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Its always the same with husker fans anyone who leaves sucked, that Suh guy ho scored against us could leave and he'd be terrible. I also agree that this is fishy to bail theoretically based on a lack of future PT when practices arent going on is odd.

17. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

I wish their kicker would leave so they would say, "Oh he sucks anyway. Every kick he made was lucky."

18. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I think there is a good chance that the QB situation is in total disarray. Watson's offense is not easy to grasp and it takes time. Ganz was a very good quarterback IMO - probably better than most fuskers thought he was. The new QB could really struggle this season.

19. The Guest

The Guest Guest

In my observation that's impossible.

20. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Ok...you are right :lol:

...but I believe that in looking to next year many have dismissed Ganz as being replaceable without experiencing a dropoff - this is where they will find they are very wrong regardless of who steps up to fill the role.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  21. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Whats the deal with Husker QB's leaving? Beck, Freeman, now this guy.

22. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

It should be obvious why he left.....

He's smart enough to figure out he didn't want to spend the rest of his life as a huckster. :smile2:

23. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

I don't doubt that the guy left because he didn't think he was going to get the nod to start, but it's pretty odd to do it before Spring practice.

Starting a freshman qb bodes poorly for the corn and I would expect a worse season than last if that happens.

24. buffaholic

Sorry Husker nation but this guy ended the season as your #2 and the freshmen haven't shown anything yet to convince a competitor that his playing days were numbered. I don't care how big/fast/strong-armed these freshmen are, until they've seen action, you have NO IDEA whether they can play or not. Witt was evidently better than Zac Lee. If the only reason he played was knowledge, what does that say about Lee who has been there as long, and had Juco starting experience before he arrived?

As Valdez stated, this is very STRANGE. The only thing I can think of is that Bo's ugly faces got to him.

Attached Files:

25. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

The dad's "we have nothing to say" says it all. My guess - and that's all it is - is personality. Witt was a Callahan recruit, a Callahan-style qb. BoPeep... well. Some folks do well having the head coach spit=shout all the time; others don't. Witt stuck it out one season, decided he didn't need that ***t and is moving on. Whatever, not the best off-season news for the Chucksters.

26. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

:iagree:

27. unleash heck

unleash heck Guest

He's pretty good, but he's a pure drop back passer and the other 3 QB's are probally a little more mobile. The offense doesn't fit his abilities so he's moving on, now instead of 6 QB's they have 5.

28. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

Bo looks like a face transplant recipient.

29. unleash heck

unleash heck Guest

cu's ACE leader looks like sam wise gamge from LOTR just not as successfull at the box office.:smile2:

30. calibuff81

calibuff81 New Member

He could have played the face double for Nicholas Cage from Faceoff...:lol:

[​IMG]