What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Husker QB frontrunner Witt to leave NU

Here's the RUMOR of what happened - This is why you should BEAT kids when they're little that way when they grow up they're not little BITCH'S.

Here is something I got an in an email, a rumor/source of info

"what happened is that this husker team emphasizes family and brotherhood and not individuality. Witt struggled with that concept and when called on some of his behavior by fellow teammates and staff, he reacted immaturely, and was informally "disciplined" by a fellow teammate for doing so. dad requested a meeting to straighten things out. The coaches said they wanted Patrick to stay but that they supported the players and staff who called him out on the specific behavior at issue because it was not consistent with our principles of family, brotherhood and leadership. He then apparently felt unwanted and decided to leave."

Brotherhood, family, maturity... Like yanking a kid's scholarship offer two weeks before signing day? Yeah, I wanna be a member of that family.

Brotherhood, family, maturity... Like yanking a kid's scholarship offer two weeks before signing day? Yeah, I wanna be a member of that family.
That kid & his coach lied about the severity of his injury, that's why they yanked it and they tried to place him with other schools. They also refused to have a Nebraska team doctor examine him. So if that's wrong I can live with it. Get in the REAL F**KING world.

Rodrigo, if you go to your "user CP" and view the menu on the left, you'll find an option which permits you to "ignore user". If you type in "unleash heck" you will no longer be able to view his posts.

Initially his user name provided me with a chuckle. But apparently he's a one trick pony because he's been unable to provide me with any entertainment or insight since. Perhaps he should have been beaten more as a child.

Anyway, he's on my ignore list as of........now.

Rodrigo, if you go to your "user CP" and view the menu on the left, you'll find an option which permits you to "ignore user". If you type in "unleash heck" you will no longer be able to view his posts.

Initially his user name provided me with a chuckle. But apparently he's a one trick pony because he's been unable to provide me with any entertainment or insight since. Perhaps he should have been beaten more as a child.

Anyway, he's on my ignore list as of........now.
:cry::cry: :lol:

Yep, Walto, was doing just that as you were typing.

Anyway, situation sounds vaguely similar to the Craig Ochs thing. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see who emerges for the cornholes and how he and the red O fares this fall. Lots of new faces...

He's pretty good, but he's a pure drop back passer and the other 3 QB's are probally a little more mobile. The offense doesn't fit his abilities so he's moving on, now instead of 6 QB's they have 5.

we need no lectures on watson's offense thank you, and for the record pure drop back passers do just fine in it.

Two sides to the story:

Anti-Witt camp: Witt was caught teaching an incoming QB the wrong hand signals for the offense, or something along those lines. When caught, he aws disciplined by his niblet teammates. So he left.

Pro-Witt camp: Watson has a man crush on Lee, (hmmm, he has no track record of anything like that, not) and wasn't giving Witt a fair chance to play/practice with the first team. Witt complained to SW and BoPeep only to get a four letter aria in response. So he left.

Who knows?

Pro-Witt camp: Watson.....wasn't giving Witt a fair chance to play/practice with the first team....

Makes no sense as they are not practicing with the team. They are lifting, studying, viewing game film, but not practicing as a team.

Makes no sense as they are not practicing with the team. They are lifting, studying, viewing game film, but not practicing as a team.

7 on 7 drills go on all the time. The story goes, Lee was "assigned" all the starting WR's for the "voluntary" 7 on 7 drills by the staff. I have no idea if that was what happened, just passing along the info.

He's pretty good, but he's a pure drop back passer and the other 3 QB's are probally a little more mobile. The offense doesn't fit his abilities so he's moving on, now instead of 6 QB's they have 5.

5 QBs sounds impressive until you analyze it:

They have a Juco (Lee)who played behind Witt, and has been a disappointment and there's been whispers that he has had difficulty picking up the now simplified WC offense. They have a RS Freshmen who Husker nation has no clue about. They have a highly-touted true freshmen early enrollee who could be the second coming of Vince Young or the second coming of Harrison Beck. The other two aren't in the mix anytime soon. THIS is definitely an area of concern for all knowledeable and realistic Husker fans (only considered an oxymoron if your only contact with Big Red is on a CU board).

Witt may have not been the best kid to lead the Huskers next year as all Husker fans want to NOW believe. But, there is no question, that there will be serious questions entering the spring and likely the fall.

7 on 7 drills go on all the time. The story goes, Lee was "assigned" all the starting WR's for the "voluntary" 7 on 7 drills by the staff. I have no idea if that was what happened, just passing along the info.

Believable to those who've never set foot on an actual football field I guess... Passing game drills involve lots of mix/match work, all without the benefit of the coaches by NCAA rule.

They have a Juco (Lee)who played behind Witt, and has been a disappointment and there's been whispers that he has had difficulty picking up the now simplified WC offense. They have a RS Freshmen who Husker nation has no clue about. They have a highly-touted true freshmen early enrollee who could be the second coming of Vince Young or the second coming of Harrison Beck. The other two aren't in the mix anytime soon. THIS is definitely an area of concern for all knowledeable and realistic Husker fans (only considered an oxymoron if your only contact with Big Red is on a CU board).

Witt may have not been the best kid to lead the Huskers next year as all Husker fans want to NOW believe. But, there is no question, that there will be serious questions entering the spring and likely the fall.

Disagree. The husker fan base is remarkably football savvy. For instance, they know that when it's third and long--and they have the ball--they should be quiet. When it's the other team's third and long, they're amazingly smart enough to make some noise.

I haven't witnessed such a spectacle since Kathy Rigby told me about that counting horse on "That's Incredible"!

This is pretty predictable for a qb in shawn watson's care. He runs through qb's like kleenex, and gets man crushes on the less talented guys and rips the guys that can actually play. Remember when he benched Joel Klatt in 2004 for James Cox for a game or two? Or passing over Colvin for Hodge in 2002? Not that Colvin was very good, but Hodge was 5'9", max. Or leaving Ochs twisting in the wind?

Now this makes two qb's that have left Nebraska since he got there. Beck you could write off as a p*ssy, but this makes two. Looks like Watson is still shortbus.

This is pretty predictable for a qb in shawn watson's care. He runs through qb's like kleenex, and gets man crushes on the less talented guys and rips the guys that can actually play. Remember when he benched Joel Klatt in 2004 for James Cox for a game or two? Or passing over Colvin for Hodge in 2002? Not that Colvin was very good, but Hodge was 5'9", max. Or leaving Ochs twisting in the wind?

Now this makes two qb's that have left Nebraska since he got there. Beck you could write off as a p*ssy, but this makes two. Looks like Watson is still shortbus.

No fan of Watson, but you're being a little harsh on him. First, he only benched Klatt for about the first half of one game during that 2004 season. It was not a bad move either, Klatt had really been struggling.

Hard to say he completely botched the Colvin/Hodge situation either. We did get back to the Big 12 Championship game after all.

They have a Juco (Lee)who played behind Witt, and has been a disappointment and there's been whispers that he has had difficulty picking up the now simplified WC offense. .

:rofl2: SW is STILL running that schtick?

Believable to those who've never set foot on an actual football field I guess... Passing game drills involve lots of mix/match work, all without the benefit of the coaches by NCAA rule.

Maybe one day I'll know as much about CFB as you. It does appear to this humble observer 7 on 7 drills happen "all the time", which colloquially could mean a lot of different things.

Our own Golden Buffaloes apparently have 7 on 7 drills during the summer. I wonder if they've ever stepped on a CFB field?

http://www.buffs.tv/archives/2007/08/06/first_day_of_practice.html

No fan of Watson, but you're being a little harsh on him. First, he only benched Klatt for about the first half of one game during that 2004 season. It was not a bad move either, Klatt had really been struggling.

Hard to say he completely botched the Colvin/Hodge situation either. We did get back to the Big 12 Championship game after all.

True, but the running game was awfully strong in 2002, and the north wasn't exactly a meat grinder. KSU was the only decent team we played in the division. Not saying he "botched" anything, I'm just saying that it was strange that Colvin wasn't given much of a shot that year. No offense to Hodge, but to me the pattern is pretty clear: blame the starting/more talented qb for the shortcomings of the predictable play calling, develop a man crush on less talented guy, tell yourself he's "plucky" and such, bench/ignore more talented player for plucky guy. Happened over and over.

I'm not saying Watson was an awful coordinator, but he was a little hard on qb's confidence. Setting guys up for third and long over and over with his two feet and a cloud of dust offense, and then getting testy when the bubble screen on third and 9 only gets 2 yards, etc.

Watson? This has nothing to do with Watson. He most likely left because he's a SPH and there are two very good Freshman QB's coming into the program. And if you think about it, Green didn't RedShirt so you know they plan on using him. He probly wants center stage or a two man battle and that isn't going to happen. We're young at QB but we have a lot of depth.

Still sad to see him go....but maybe its for the best. We have great running talent and depth. And Lee is a good passer and out of pocket runner. I'd love to see what Green can do...his highlights are pretty bad ass.

Watson? This has nothing to do with Watson. He most likely left because he's SPH and there are two very good Freshman QB's coming into the program. And if you think about it, Green didn't RedShirt so you know they plan on using him. He probly wants center stage or a two man battle and that isn't going to happen. We're young at QB but we have a lot of depth.

Two very good freshman QBs? What are you talking about? Taylor Martinez does not last at QB. You have no idea whether Green will redshirt either since he just got on campus. You can't say you have depth when you haven't seen any of these guys play for a significant amount of time at the college level.

Two very good freshman QBs? What are you talking about? Taylor Martinez does not last at QB. You have no idea whether Green will redshirt either since he just got on campus. You can't say you have depth when you haven't seen any of these guys play for a significant amount of time at the college level.

Yes, Spano and Green. Granted....Spano is a RedShirt and I was hypothesizing on what most likely took place. It has been highly specualted that they wouldn't shirt him. And I know I haven't seen them play at the college level....but they're good ballplayers from what everyone has seen....sheesh...im not saying they're gonna win the Heisman! And who said anything about Martinez? I think he'll be on the other side of the ball.

I think Green will be one of the premier BigXII QB's in about 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Yes, Spano and Green. Granted....Spano is a RedShirt and I was hypothesizing on what most likely took place. It has been highly specualted that they wouldn't shirt him. And I know I haven't seen them play at the college level....but they're good ballplayers from what everyone has seen....sheesh...im not saying they're gonna win the Heisman! And who said anything about Martinez? I think he'll be on the other side of the ball.

I think Green will be one of the premier BigXII QB's in about 2-3 years.

That's all wonderful, but you keep talking about much "depth" you guys have. Until you see them on the field in a college football game you can't say you really have great depth. The only North team that can feel confident going into 2009 at starting QB is Kansas because they have a guy who has consistently played at a high level in the Big 12.

That's all wonderful, but you keep talking about much "depth" you guys have. Until you see them on the field in a college football game you can't say you really have great depth. The only North team that can feel confident going into 2009 at starting QB is Kansas because they have a guy who has consistently played at a high level in the Big 12.

lol what is with you guys and playing on words today! I mean depth as in we have many players for the posistion that should play decent without Witt. Believe me....I'm not confident at our QB posistion...even before Witt left...it's my number one scare for the season. Don't take me out of context dude.....I have no idea what to expect in the QB department. But we have some pretty good talent by all indications....and yeah, you're right, it might take time to mold them into CFB QB's but im ok with our QB core for now...it could be worse (Iowa State)

Back