What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Husker QB frontrunner Witt to leave NU

Hansen or Cody for this year, we are after a couple blue chippers, but it has been so long since we signed one that I forgot what the feeling is like.:lol:

To be honest....I think u guys should scrap hawkins for the pass or at least try some other stuff out. He's makes strange decisions when under pressure sometimes.

Maybe one day I'll know as much about CFB as you. It does appear to this humble observer 7 on 7 drills happen "all the time", which colloquially could mean a lot of different things.

Our own Golden Buffaloes apparently have 7 on 7 drills during the summer. I wonder if they've ever stepped on a CFB field?

http://www.buffs.tv/archives/2007/08/06/first_day_of_practice.html

You missed my point pretty badly... The fact that your pointing out that our own Buffs have 7 vs. 7 drills tells me that "one day" ain't going to happen in my lifetime unless I hit my head on something, extremely hard...

MY POINT: a QB doesn't LOSE the starting job due to performance at these things when a coach isn't even allowed to attend. That's just the Corn faithful making up some story to make it sound like Witt is no loss. It is LAUGHABLE to buy that the coach had Lee working with the starters... That's not how these things work. There would be plenty of opportunity for all QBs to work with all WR's.

Unless Spano is the 2nd coming of Johnny Unitas, this creates some big unknowns in Lincoln. The fans know Witt was better than Lee (see depth chart, Lee with much more experience and yet was behind Witt). We know Spano played scout team while redshirting and maybe showed he's the future, maybe he didn't.

We know Cody Greene hasn't put pads on, never mind entered a game. I don't care how big or fast or how impressive his arm is, they are flipping the ball around in shorts, in front of no fans, no coaches and no reporters. The coaches may like him a lot, but the jury will be out until the spring games.

Valdez' point about the timing ABSOLUTELY points to something else. An off-the-field incident, a relationship issue with either player(s) or coach(s). You don't leave in February because you aren't working with the first teamers in 7 vs. 7 voluntary workouts!

The bottom line is Husker Nation is rocked by this and it's huge news. They just lost the QB that they were all telling us on the boards was next year's starter. Hey, maybe Greene is the real deal and will take the reigns as a true freshmen and never look back. Maybe not...

And this is the exact reason that the Huskers cannot be favored to compete for the BTN this year. Kansas is the clear pick. Mizzou, NU and CU are all big question marks.

...im ok with our QB core for now...it could be worse (Iowa State)

Austen Arnaud, in 12 games, completed 61.6% of his passes (247 for 401) for 2,792 yards, 15 tds and 10 ints. He also rushed for 400 yards.

ISU has issues. I'm not sure QB is one.

You missed my point pretty badly... The fact that your pointing out that our own Buffs have 7 vs. 7 drills tells me that "one day" ain't going to happen in my lifetime unless I hit my head on something, extremely hard...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Must be the offseason. 5 ****ing pages about a ****er leaving the program.

MY POINT: a QB doesn't LOSE the starting job due to performance at these things when a coach isn't even allowed to attend. That's just the Corn faithful making up some story to make it sound like Witt is no loss. It is LAUGHABLE to buy that the coach had Lee working with the starters... That's not how these things work. There would be plenty of opportunity for all QBs to work with all WR's.

Unless Spano is the 2nd coming of Johnny Unitas, this creates some big unknowns in Lincoln. The fans know Witt was better than Lee (see depth chart, Lee with much more experience and yet was behind Witt). We know Spano played scout team while redshirting and maybe showed he's the future, maybe he didn't.

We know Cody Greene hasn't put pads on, never mind entered a game. I don't care how big or fast or how impressive his arm is, they are flipping the ball around in shorts, in front of no fans, no coaches and no reporters. The coaches may like him a lot, but the jury will be out until the spring games.

Valdez' point about the timing ABSOLUTELY points to something else. An off-the-field incident, a relationship issue with either player(s) or coach(s). You don't leave in February because you aren't working with the first teamers in 7 vs. 7 voluntary workouts!

The bottom line is Husker Nation is rocked by this and it's huge news. They just lost the QB that they were all telling us on the boards was next year's starter. Hey, maybe Greene is the real deal and will take the reigns as a true freshmen and never look back. Maybe not...

And this is the exact reason that the Huskers cannot be favored to compete for the BTN this year. Kansas is the clear pick. Mizzou, NU and CU are all big question marks.

I have no idea why Witt left, just threw out what I had heard. I guess I did misunderstand your post as I thought you were saying 7 on 7's don't happen. The whole thing looks pretty strange to me and I had been told Witt was the guy by some of the niblet folk.

Don't worry about hitting your head, I'll concede the FB knowledge award today...here's your prize:silvercup:. Sorry I didn't have time for something more grand....

Outside of Reesing, the North QBs are not exactly world-beaters. This is going to be a wide open division.
I think KU is the best team in the Big 12 North - their schedule is brutal for 09. Reesing is the real thing and "The Fat Man" is the best coach. I fully expect them to embarrass The Huskers this year in Lawrence. I am going to that game. I love to see all those dumb red necks race to their cars early in the 4th quarter.
09/05/09vs. Northern ColoradoLawrence, Kan.TBA09/12/09at UTEPEl Paso, TexasTBA09/19/09vs. DukeLawrence, Kan.TBA09/26/09vs. Southern Miss (Family Day, Band Day)Lawrence, Kan.TBA10/10/09vs. Iowa State (Homecoming) Lawrence, Kan.TBA10/17/09at Colorado Boulder, Colo.TBA10/24/09vs. Oklahoma Lawrence, Kan.TBA10/31/09at Texas Tech Lubbock, TexasTBA11/07/09at Kansas State Manhattan, Kan.TBA11/14/09vs. Nebraska Lawrence, Kan.TBA11/21/09at Texas Austin, TexasTBA11/28/09vs. Missouri Kansas City, Mo.TBA12/05/09Big 12 Championship Arlington, TexasTBA
husker_trailer_boy.jpg

Must be the offseason. 5 ****ing pages about a ****er leaving the program.

You can change your settings (like I did) so there are 20 posts on a page and it would reduce this thread to 4 ****ing pages about a ****er leaving the program. :thumbsup:

I love to see all those dumb red necks race to their cars early in the 4th quarter.

Too funny.

Brutal Big 12 schedule. I can't believe they have to play Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma in the same year. Next 2 years, they will play Baylor, A&M and OSU.

5-3 will win the BTN this year. 4-4 with the tiebreaker could be good enough imo.

This thread is a great read! There are (up to this point) 68 previous posts all about the Huskers. With most of the posts by Colorado fans.

What's up with that? :doh:

Why would a Buffalo fan care if a QB from Nebraska decides to leave the team to hopefully better his position on another team.

But hey, I'm a Husker fan and I find this quite an amusing to read, so "continue on" Buff fans. Anyone know who is the front runner to take over the starting QB position for the Huskers next season? I want to know so I can tell all of my Husker friends.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have a Great Spring Season!

This thread is a great read! There are (up to this point) 68 previous posts all about the Huskers. With most of the posts by Colorado fans.

What's up with that? :doh:

Why would a Buffalo fan care if a QB from Nebraska decides to leave the team to hopefully better his position on another team.

But hey, I'm a Husker fan and I find this quite an amusing to read, so "continue on" Buff fans. Anyone know who is the front runner to take over the starting QB position for the Huskers next season? I want to know so I can tell all of my Husker friends.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shall I point out the obvious?

What's up with that?

This is a CU football forum. You are a fusker fan. You, unfortunately, are here amidst over 76,000 posts regarding, primarily, CU football. What's up with that????? :lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

Thank you for your interest in Colorado football. :thumbsup:

This is a CU football forum. You are a fusker fan. You, unfortunately, are here amidst over 76,000 posts regarding, primarily, CU football. What's up with that????? :lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

Thank you for your interest in Colorado football.

Back at ya! Thank you for your interest in Nebraska football. :thumbsup:

I think that QB the huskers signed this year will be good.

I am dead serious now
Listen, you came on here to harass me. You do nothing but talk **** about me. You made a handle copying me which really has me worried. Why would someone be so obsessed over me, just a random internet poster that has a deep passion for the buffs. I do not like Nebraska, but I repsect their past. I DO NOT respect fans like you.

You are NOT annonymous. I have been messing with you lately because frankly you have done nothing but mess with me with two different screen names. I was hoping I would get you to stop, but you obviously came back.

I am not gonna put you on ignore, but I will give you a warning. I just had a very succesful adoption with a lawyer who is a good family friend who knows other lawyers who special in harrasment. I am getting tied of being harrased by you. That is your whole purpose on this board.

If you do not stop, I will seriously consider harrasment. I know your email and I know who you are, so can you please stop.

Thank you
__________________It's a F**CKING messageboard - GROW THE F**K UP!!!!! - I don't give a S**T about some adoption. I've never seen someone fold like this. Are you taking all this PERSONAL? Pull your skirt up and get it together. Just because I defend NEBRASKA when you MotherF them you fold. GET A SACK!!! Your PM is the weakest thing I've ever read.:lol:

I am dead serious now
Listen, you came on here to harass me. You do nothing but talk **** about me. You made a handle copying me which really has me worried. Why would someone be so obsessed over me, just a random internet poster that has a deep passion for the buffs. I do not like Nebraska, but I repsect their past. I DO NOT respect fans like you.

You are NOT annonymous. I have been messing with you lately because frankly you have done nothing but mess with me with two different screen names. I was hoping I would get you to stop, but you obviously came back.

I am not gonna put you on ignore, but I will give you a warning. I just had a very succesful adoption with a lawyer who is a good family friend who knows other lawyers who special in harrasment. I am getting tied of being harrased by you. That is your whole purpose on this board.

If you do not stop, I will seriously consider harrasment. I know your email and I know who you are, so can you please stop.

Thank you
__________________It's a F**CKING messageboard - GROW THE F**K UP!!!!! - I don't give a S**T about some adoption. I've never seen someone fold like this. Are you taking all this PERSONAL? Pull your skirt up and get it together. Just because I defend NEBRASKA when you MotherF them you fold. GET A SACK!!! Your PM is the weakest thing I've ever read.:lol:

Difference is, your moderators over at huskerpedia would ban posters like you if they were buff fans but yet,you are still allowed to post here. I post at ramnation and we smack each other over there but there is some good football talk. You just want to flame here.

Difference is, your moderators over at huskerpedia would ban posters like you if they were buff fans but yet,you are still allowed to post here. I post at ramnation and we smack each other over there but there is some good football talk. You just want to flame here.
There's never good football talk about NEBRASKA on here, it's always smartass comments putting NEBRASKA down. You guys can't even say NEBRASKA it has to be some sarcastic acronym. Do you know who does that in LA? the BLOODS street gang they can never say the letter "C" because of the crips, that's the mentality that you guys have stooped to. I don't take any of the putdowns, cutdowns etc personally but evidently you guys do. I think this is the funniest messageboard I've ever been on, that's why I keep coming back. BTW I don't pay the $20.00 on HUSKERPEDIFILE - who the hell pays to post?

Getting back to it....................I agree that there are BIG questions for us at QB next season. The situation is confusing at best, but we may never know the true story about the situation. Speculation or rumors definately won't get us there, but it is the off-season. :smile2:

There's never good football talk about NEBRASKA on here, it's always smartass comments putting NEBRASKA down. You guys can't even say NEBRASKA it has to be some sarcastic acronym. Do you know who does that in LA? the BLOODS street gang they can never say the letter "C" because of the crips, that's the mentality that you guys have stooped to. I don't take any of the putdowns, cutdowns etc personally but evidently you guys do. I think this is the funniest messageboard I've ever been on, that's why I keep coming back. BTW I don't pay the $20.00 on HUSKERPEDIFILE - who the hell pays to post?

Kind of like burn cu burn and sCUm. Same BS over there. I wouldn't pay 20.00 to post anywhere.

Actually, everyone thought Lee would end up the starter once he got the mental part down as he was a year behind Witt in learning. Physically, he was always ahead of Witt.

We had something close to that...Brian white giving wrong signals but is that something that could be corrected and rectified? I would think so.
The thing with Brian White is he didn't know the plays himself. He never put in an effort to learn the playbook.

He was caught in the 7 on 7s teaching Cody Green the wrong signals. Obviously I wasn't there but it seems to be holding water with those in the know.
Huh. Did this kid think nobody would find out? I would do the same if I were Pelini. You can't have that kind of crap on your team.

We had something close to that...Brian white giving wrong signals but is that something that could be corrected and rectified? I would think so.

I probably could have been but there have been other issues with him as well. Nothing derogatory in nature, just not a team player or respectedd by the team for said behaviors. Tough things to overcome.

A good one to lose but it happens.

The thing with Brian White is he didn't know the plays himself. He never put in an effort to learn the playbook.

I don't understand some of these guys. I would have killed for a div1 scholarship, let alone a solid chance at being a stater.

Huh. Did this kid think nobody would find out? I would do the same if I were Pelini. You can't have that kind of crap on your team.

The team turned him in for it, apparently. I believe they had brought back the Unity Council concept where players handle some stuff internally and give recommendations. Obviously, everything is proven out and Coach has final say but I believe that is the process now.

Back