1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huskers first to be rejected by Tad

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buff_since76, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

2. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

3. Del

Del Member

**** Nebraska, that is all.

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

:lol2:

5. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

:lol:

They should probably try a mid major coach or a guy from a big schools bench rather then trying to poach a guy that is already at a better program.

6. sackman

They need to re-focus their search about 50 miles North of Boulder. Miles would actually be a very solid hire for them. Boyle? Yeah, not gonna happen.

7. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

**** the huskers

8. dply

Miles makes a lot of sense. Plus their fan base wouldn't have to change their allegiances.

9. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Why would Tadd look at taking a step backwards in his career? I am pretty sure if he leaves one day, it will be for a step up, not back.

10. sackman

If/When Kansas comes calling, Tad will listen. I really don't think any other school would be attractive to him. Certainly not Nebraska. A guy who grew up in Colorado and went to school at Kansas is not about to take a step down to coach at Nebraska. It's an absurd notion.

11. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

I sent the info to my CU friends/family & my BiL (Ohio State grad) responded, "Well, the Big 10 is proving itself to be one of the best basketball conferences, so it could be seen as a step up".

Shut the **** up. Seriously.

12. RalphieSpeaks

No it couldn't......

Tad is not leaving a better team, the recruiting class he has coming in, and the inroads they have to Cal recruiting to go the holers. As someone else said this is absurd.

13. sackman

I remember hearing somewhere that there's a buyout clause that was just put in to the contract that calls for something like a $1MM payout if he leaves this year. Not that it's going to happen, but can you imagine how much it would actually cost for Nebraska to hire Tad Boyle?

14. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

Really? :wtf:

15. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Fusker, please.

16. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Boyle's contract also includes a buyout clause protecting the school against the possibility of him taking another job before his contract expires.

Boyle would have to pay CU $750,000 if he took another job at any point before April 30, 2013.

17. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

18. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Only way anyone would even consider a job at Nebraska is cash. I suppose if they offer enough he might listen. I would hope our AD would respond by paying him whatever he is worth.

19. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Money is always an issue, but as long as we continue to give him a decent salary with attainable bonuses he won't go anywhere. I am not worried about him going to Nebraska either, but we should get used to hearing his name come up in job openings. I am sure he is on Illinois' list as well.

20. RalphieSpeaks

I have seen him mentioned on the Illinois list but this is still not a step up. Illinois was only relevant with Self and quickly went downhill once he left. Plus Illinois has a reputation of not wanting to pay coaches and they have never been able to successfully recruit Chicago.

21. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*deep breath*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If he's not leaving for a place like Texas A&M, what makes those fools think he's bolting for that pile of garbage? That's a waste of a phone call.

Coach Boyle isn't leaving his "dream job" for a hoops wasteland like Lincoln. Big 10 or no Big 10, Husker Hoops is still worse than CU hoops was 4 years ago. Even with a Brinks Truck full of straight cash homey, that isn't going to happen. There are other programs, more successful programs who can offer similar money who we should be worried about.

Damn... funniest thing I've heard in a while.

22. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Heard the same shiite last year from the media, et. al., here in the land of red mud and swirling winds. They (the talking heads) truly believed that if the boomer wagon backed up to Tad's office, and dropped off a few $mil, that he would absolutely JUMP at the chance.

It's very possible he (Tad) had the opportunity to move to Norman, College Station, and maybe even Columbia, last year. He didn't. Why would anyone think he'd go to Stincoln?

Oh yeah, that's right, the delusional fan base to the east. Sorry, forgot about them.....

23. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Miles can do better than the fuskers, and I hope he does. Dude can coach.

24. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Fuskers are going to try to back a truck of money to Tad's house. The question is whether they're willing to pay an exorbitant number no one can say no to... just to put Buff Nation on suicide watch.

The bigger question is whether even that would be enough to get Tad... and I'm pretty sure that's a resounding 'No'.

I think we've found our Mark Few and we just need to keep providing the support he asks for.

25. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

:lol3::lol3::lol2:

26. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

For a minute, I thought it must be April 1st. No way does he entertain the cornholers.

27. SF_BUFF

SF_BUFF Member

:rofl:

28. HuskerHoops

HuskerHoops New Member

I certainly don't think that Nebraska has a better program than Colorado.

However, Illinois has a better program in nearly every regard:

1. Money (obviously CU is strapped for Cash right now while Illinois is ready to shell out the big bucks for a coach)
    2. Facilities
    3. Program Tradition (tournament, sweet 16, final 4s, conference champions, etc.)
    4. Conference (7 bid Big 10 versus 2 bid Pac 12)
    5. Recruiting base (more talent in and around state versus Colorado being surround by empty states)
    6. Fans (Illinois and especially their students are great basketball fans and show up)

Colorado had a nice tournament run but Illinois arguably had as good of a regular season as CU. Illinois faded while CU peaked which is why they lost a coach and Boyle is a hot commodity. Also expectations are higher at Illinois.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  29. dply

I'll give you 3,4 and 5 but 1,2, and 6 are all incorrect.

30. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

You are living in the past with your perceptions.

1. With the new PAC media contract along with huge increases in attendance and interest in CU BB money is not an issue.
    2. The CEC is due for a renovation but is at least average and will be an upper end BB venue even though smaller than many. The game environment is now great. CU also just finished a brand new BB practice and training facility that compares well nationally.
    3. I will give you this one but the Illini haven't been a dominant program recently either. This isn't like Duke or Kansas we are talking about.
    4. PAC is down but will rise again, no lack of tradition in the conference, and where would you rather road trip in the winter LA or Ann Arbor?
    5. True, but CU can recruit California and Texas and for in-state kids there is very little competition. The Illini have to battle for everyone.
    6. You haven't been watching have you.