What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huskers first to be rejected by Tad

I think Self did his best coaching job this year. That team should not have been able to win the Big 12-2-1+1-1+1 this year.

After botching the last couple years of recruiting, this is Self's last year of stockpiled talent. Kansas has absolutely nothing behind Taylor/Robinson and they will be dreadful next year. Which might put Self on the hotseat ...

ummm. wow. Ok, ya, tad aint going anywhere.

The $2.2 I heard may have been with incentives.

They lost Turgeon to Maryland for $1.9 + incentives and were willing to pay a similar salary for an established BCS winner in Tad who ran Turgeon's system and could keep the roll going. They ended up paying about half that to Kennedy, I think, after Tad politely turned them down.

After botching the last couple years of recruiting, this is Self's last year of stockpiled talent. Kansas has absolutely nothing behind Taylor/Robinson and they will be dreadful next year. Which might put Self on the hotseat ...

I wouldn't be so sure of that. First off there's no guarantee that Robinson leaves and Self has a top 10 class coming in.

Why do the Nazis have to ruin everything?

I think Carolina played the role of the Soviets in this case. Baylor is almost certain to stop by as the Nazis.

Wait, was that an Indiana Jones quote? I'm not so familiar with those movies.

I think Carolina played the role of the Soviets in this case. Baylor is almost certain to stop by as the Nazis.

Wait, was that an Indiana Jones quote? I'm not so familiar with those movies.

You're probably right. And may God, (not the baptist god) help us all.

Not an Indiana Jones quote.

You're probably right. And may God, (not the baptist god) help us all.

Not an Indiana Jones quote.

When I think of God, I like to think of the TCU, drug-dealing God, and not the Baylor murdering God or the cheating SMU God.

When I think of God, I like to think of the TCU, drug-dealing God, and not the Baylor murdering God or the cheating SMU God.

I like to think of the Boogity boogity boogity lets go racing God that they pray to before NASCAR races.

Like this guy:

[video=youtube;J74y88YuSJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J74y88YuSJ8[/video]

What about the football-is-not-your-real-god-so-I'm-going-to-use-high-wind-to-kill-this-camera-guy-during-your-practice-to-prove-a-point Notre Dame God?

What about the football-is-not-your-real-god-so-I'm-going-to-use-high-wind-to-kill-this-camera-guy-during-your-practice-to-prove-a-point Notre Dame God?

I had already rejected the Notre Dame Rudy-is-a-lazy-swindler God. Besides, everybody knows that God is Texan.

Also according to that article NU offered the WSU coach about $2 million per year. That shows the AD better get ready to redo Tads contract because he is going to be considered highly underpaid soon if he isn't already.

SIAP but as expected Tad said no thanks as did Mark Few and the Wichita State coach. If a Missouri Valley Conference coach doesn't think your job is a good one I don't know where you go?

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120320/BIGRED/703209877/0

Can't fault them for trying.

If I was the AD, I'd look at finding a JUCO coach from the upper midwest who was having a lot of success. Those are the connection that Nebraska needs in order to be competitive.

I had already rejected the Notre Dame Rudy-is-a-lazy-swindler God. Besides, everybody knows that God is Texan.

It brings me no comfort to be so close to this god and so far from Colorado.

looks like Tad had the same reaction to the Fuskers calling as we did... Good man.

I'd get this guy on staff so they can at least understand altitude.

bill-nye.jpg

Can we change the title of this thread to something like "Huskers getting rejected by (x)th choice"?

SIAP but as expected Tad said no thanks as did Mark Few and the Wichita State coach. If a Missouri Valley Conference coach doesn't think your job is a good one I don't know where you go?

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120320/BIGRED/703209877/0

I can't fault the fuskers for trying with Tad because they might be a little slow to catch on that CU is where he wants to be since Tad's only exploded on the scene in the last two years, but Mark Few?! That guy has turned down so many jobs it's not funny. Why did nubs think they had a chance there?

Back