What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huskers first to be rejected by Tad

If I hear one more person claim "Boulder won't let CU build xxxxx" I'm going to freak out. I'll say this again - Boulder can't stop CU from building anything they want to. CU is a state institution and is not bound in any way by Boulder rules and regulations. If CU wanted to completely tear down the CEC and replace it with a 40,000 seat arena, complete with private hot tubs and plasma TV's for each attendee, they could do it. Boulder wouldn't be able to do a damn thing to stop it.

Boulder won't let CU fans freak out, so there.

The city of Boulder is preventing CU from building on south campus by not issuing water taps. No running water, no buildings. On main campus you are correct because they already have the utility hook ups.

This is correct. Thank you. However, if CU wanted to provide their own water supply, they could do so and Boulder couldn't stop them. All CU wants to do with the South campus is athletic facilities, so water is a very minimal concern. If CU *really* wanted to build on the South Campus, they would. They'd go to Boulder and say "your choice is this, either sell us the water taps, or we truck in our own water. Either way, we build. In one scenario, you receive some income, in the other, you don't - your choice." In that situation, the taps get issued in about 10 seconds.

This is correct. Thank you. However, if CU wanted to provide their own water supply, they could do so and Boulder couldn't stop them. All CU wants to do with the South campus is athletic facilities, so water is a very minimal concern. If CU *really* wanted to build on the South Campus, they would. They'd go to Boulder and say "your choice is this, either sell us the water taps, or we truck in our own water. Either way, we build. In one scenario, you receive some income, in the other, you don't - your choice." In that situation, the taps get issued in about 10 seconds.

I think the cost and reliability of trucking in potable water is the big hang up. It is not cost effective, it is not convenient, and in the winter not reliable (although I am sure they would have a water tower or something out there to store water). CU really does want to build out there, they already have a strategy and plans drawn up. The only reason they haven't as far as I can tell is the water taps.

Could also be the AD wants to build and the University Admin does not. Idk. Either way its a lack of understand from either CU or the city of Boulder on the importance of a large and successful AD

I think the cost and reliability of trucking in potable water is the big hang up. It is not cost effective, it is not convenient, and in the winter not reliable (although I am sure they would have a water tower or something out there to store water). CU really does want to build out there, they already have a strategy and plans drawn up. The only reason they haven't as far as I can tell is the water taps.

Could also be the AD wants to build and the University Admin does not. Idk. Either way its a lack of understand from either CU or the city of Boulder on the importance of a large and successful AD

They're not ready to actually build anything of substance on the South Campus. What they'll put there - eventually - is a baseball/softball complex, soccer fields, and a track complex. They need money for that. Once the money is there, it will get built. Of that I have very little doubt. I think they should put a golf course in there, too. That would make an awesome spot for a golf course right along the South Boulder Creek. But I digress.

They're not ready to actually build anything of substance on the South Campus. What they'll put there - eventually - is a baseball/softball complex, soccer fields, and a track complex. They need money for that. Once the money is there, it will get built. Of that I have very little doubt. I think they should put a golf course in there, too. That would make an awesome spot for a golf course right along the South Boulder Creek. But I digress.

I think south campus would be useful for a lot of things. Maybe we will see some in July once that Pac-12 cash starts flowing.

I think south campus would be useful for a lot of things. Maybe we will see some in July once that Pac-12 cash starts flowing.

I believe it's all tied to the East Campus expansion for academic buildings. If Benson gets his $1.5 billion to make that happen, Potts and Prentup have to move. The only spot we have for them is the South Campus.

I believe it's all tied to the East Campus expansion for academic buildings. If Benson gets his $1.5 billion to make that happen, Potts and Prentup have to move. The only spot we have for them is the South Campus.

Well hopefully he does. Building something out there is our first step towards a return of softball and baseball

After checking the map, CU doesn't own any of the land around S Boulder Creek, so no dice with that awesome plan.

Last I heard, they had raised something to the tune of $1.2B. They're getting close.

The city of Boulder is preventing CU from building on south campus by not issuing water taps.That is a Fact. CU could build what ever the hell they want to out there however no running water, no buildings. On main campus you are correct because they already have the utility hook ups.

This is the whole hang up with the creation of the new sports-plex they want to build on South Campus. They want to move Potts, and build a new tennis facility along with hopefully softball and baseball diamonds. But Boulder doesn't want anything built out there since it is the "enterance to boulder" or some **** like that.

On main campus the Practice Facility for football will be built whether the public likes it or not. My point about the basketball arena was Boulder giving us some other plot of land near downtown, similar to what nebraska is doing, to build an awesome new venue. We would have to tear down coors and rebuild there. This means for probably two seasons they would play bball at the First Bank Center in broomfield, if they ever wanted a new arena.

who needs water when you have beer?

We can water our South Campus athletic fields with Gatorade. Maybe get a sponsorship out of it. The electrolytes would be good for the grass.

Maybe they could move Mick Ronson over by the South Campus athletic fields, then let tailgaters and Friday night partiers water the grass for free?

Lammie fans are taking the news Miles is off VERY personal.

@Allbuffs Go **** yourself. Tad Boyle has actual class, something you apparently don't give two ****s about.

Lammie fans are taking the news Miles is off VERY personal.

@Allbuffs Go **** yourself. Tad Boyle has actual class, something you apparently don't give two ****s about.

It is almost a complement. I mean, we all know we have no class, but to see Tad Boyle does. I'll take it.

Looks like it´s all but official that CSU Basketball coach Tim Miles is taking the job at Nebraska, the job Tad Boyle didn´t want.

I copy that part of the story. Why is that CSU fan so angry at Allbuffs was my question.

I copy that part of the story. Why is that CSU fan so angry at Allbuffs was my question.
cause allbuffs represents CU, which kept its coach and didn't let the sad little fan in. And cause Buffs are dicks to him when he serves them Sonic burgers on skates.

Jens was getting a small dig in (obviously). But the reaction to it was way out of proportion. I guess it stings when the smack Jens ran is just simple statement of facts.

Wally doesn't understand this twitter thing, obviously. Don't know how he managed to produce two children.

Jens was getting a small dig in (obviously). But the reaction to it was way out of proportion. I guess it stings when the smack Jens ran is just simple statement of facts.

The only dig I was planning to get in was to point out Nebraska got rejected by Boyle.

Back