What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hustle, Defense and "Want to" carried us tonight

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
This win over Utah was all about the veterans stepping up and not allowing us to lose.

Dre: 10 points, 13 rebounds, 4 steals and 2 blocks while holding Jason Washburn to 10 & 5 (most points off open looks from traps)
Chen: 12 points and 4 rebounds
Adams: 9 points and 3 rebounds + 1 block

And then the usual leadership from The Mayor:

13 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 1 block

It was ugly. It was a bad shooting night. And they gutted it out.

This was the type of win that good teams manage to find when they're off and under-manned due to injury. Very proud of them tonight.

(And if Dre doesn't win Pac-12 Defensive POTY it is highway robbery.)

Good post nik. A lot of people are going to be upset that it was an ugly win over a Utah team with an RPI in the 170's, but the fact is, we won. They showed some toughness tonight and didn't let ASU beat them again. That's a sign of growth for this team.

Good post nik. A lot of people are going to be upset that it was an ugly win over a Utah team with an RPI in the 170's, but the fact is, we won. They showed some toughness tonight and didn't let ASU beat them again. That's a sign of growth for this team.

Yeah, no need for anyone to be upset. Utah is pesky in nearly every game. Krystkowiak has gotten a lot out of his team

Utah 60 Arizona State 55
Utah 73 Washington 64
Arizona 60 Utah 57
Arizona State 55 Utah 54 OT
Arizona 68 Utah 64
UCLA 57 Utah 53
Cal 62 Utah 57

Chen had 12 pts? That's the quietest 12 points ever scored.

FT's nearly killed us again tonight. CU shot 60% from the line, and that's with hitting their last 6 in a row. It could have been bad.

I liked that we clearly frustrated Utah. They put up a fight, but you could tell they were not playing at their desired pace.

Chen had 12 pts? That's the quietest 12 points ever scored.

FT's nearly killed us again tonight. CU shot 60% from the line, and that's with hitting their last 6 in a row. It could have been bad.
He made a couple treys really early in the game. I think he made another in the game as well, topped it off with the free throws at the end of the game.

Loved the games by Chen and Adams tonight. Dre was a beast. The trapping pressure D plan by Tad was awesome. Great gut it out win for a team that did what it had to do. Now we need to get this type of intensity on the road in NorCal and get at least a split.

Big part of the game we missed:

"And then there was Beau Gamble, whose contribution didn't appear on the stat sheet and went unseen by the 9,823 at the CEC. According to Roberson, after the Utes "disrespected" the Buffs by banging on their locker room door at halftime, Gamble waded through and "messed up their huddle" before the Utes took the court.
Said Roberson: "We were behind him 100 percent. We're not going to let anybody come in on our home court and punk us - so that's how it is."

Relatively quite night from XJ, but we got major contributions from the bench. SHT had 2, Chen (though playing as a starter) had 12, and adams added 9. I wish XT would have taken some shots, but that's what happens. We had a fairly signifiicant amount of time picked up by bench players, and were not getting totally run over when they were on the court. Granted, this is utah but we got 39 mins from SHT, adams, stalzer and tunks. Not bad bench play, and it will help immensely during the pac12 tourney and the dance if the bench guys can add solid minutes on D and chip in a few points.

Relatively quite night from XJ, but we got major contributions from the bench. SHT had 2, Chen (though playing as a starter) had 12, and adams added 9. I wish XT would have taken some shots, but that's what happens. We had a fairly signifiicant amount of time picked up by bench players, and were not getting totally run over when they were on the court. Granted, this is utah but we got 39 mins from SHT, adams, stalzer and tunks. Not bad bench play, and it will help immensely during the pac12 tourney and the dance if the bench guys can add solid minutes on D and chip in a few points.

you know we are in for a rough night when we have to clone tunks.

Yeah, no need for anyone to be upset. Utah is pesky in nearly every game. Krystkowiak has gotten a lot out of his team

Utah 60 Arizona State 55
Utah 73 Washington 64
Arizona 60 Utah 57
Arizona 68 Utah 64
UCLA 57 Utah 53
Cal 62 Utah 57

Gazuntite!

Utah 60 Arizona State 55
Utah 73 Washington 64
Arizona 60 Utah 57
Arizona 68 Utah 64
UCLA 57 Utah 53
Cal 62 Utah 57

I think Krystkowiak is a very good coach. If he had Oregon St's talent they would be in the race for the conference title.

I think Krystkowiak is a very good coach. If he had Oregon St's talent they would be in the race for the conference title.

I agree.

I think he'll have Utah over .500 next season and challenging for an NIT bid. He's got it going in the right direction.

I agree.

I think he'll have Utah over .500 next season and challenging for an NIT bid. He's got it going in the right direction.

I have my doubts about how high the ceiling is under Krystkowiak at Utah, but he can have Utah in the NIT. He's done an admirable job this year.

Back