What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hypothetical Coaching Carousel

Thoughts on Miles or Rodriguez for CU?

• I'd have happiness with either

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • I'd have upsetness with either

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I'd have happiness with Miles, but upsetness with Rodriguez

Votes: 46 63.0%
  • I'd have happiness with Rodriguez, but upsetness with Miles

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I'm too busy "Stirring the Metamucil" to think about this

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I want Dave Logan! (Woody Paige option)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Miles would not be a good hire. He won at LSU with Saban's guys, and his national title year was based on winning multiple games off absolutely insane gambles. He is a below average gameday coach. People will argue sure but he's a great recruiter... well news flash, Louisiana produces more per capita 4 and 5 stars than any other state, and LSU has a chokehold on recruiting Houston. LSU is one of the 5 to 10 most talented squads in the nation year in and year out, but yet they can't get past 8 and 9 wins (and that was with some very questionable officiating that helped them this past year against Georgia and Arkansas). I'd put Miles in the lower half of SEC coaches. If CU wants to pay an exorbitant amount for a very average coach that has won only because he was handed one of the top 10 jobs in the nation then so be it, but the guy won't be the one to take CU back to greatness.
Why is it that the losing team's fans always blame the officials? I'm thinking both teams get bad calls during the course of the season - it's part of the game. As far as Miles goes his record is pretty freaking good. He's won everywhere he's been.
pin_hayward..jpg
Phinnochio

Why is it that the losing team's fans always blame the officials? I'm thinking both teams get bad calls during the course of the season - it's part of the game. As far as Miles goes his record is pretty freaking good. He's won everywhere he's been.
View attachment 5006
Phinnochio

Fair enough. Want some honesty, I'm an Arkansas fan. We lost five games this past year, we lost fair and square to Georgia and Ole Miss, and we got dominated by Bama. Florida and LSU weren't games that would have been lost without bad officiating, spin it how you want with losing team always whining, but bad reffing is bad reffing. Hell, the crew from the Florida game was even suspended because of how awful the game was called.

Fair enough. Want some honesty, I'm an Arkansas fan. We lost five games this past year, we lost fair and square to Georgia and Ole Miss, and we got dominated by Bama. Florida and LSU weren't games that would have been lost without bad officiating, spin it how you want with losing team always whining, but bad reffing is bad reffing. Hell, the crew from the Florida game was even suspended because of how awful the game was called.
I got my undergraduate degree from LSU, and my masters from CU. Actually, Arkansas is one of my favorite SEC teams. I have attended a game at War Memorial and it's a great atmosphere, the area is beautiful. I went to the Ozarks for my honeymoon. LSU got what appeared to be a bad call with them driving with about 2 minutes left in the Bama game. We lost the game, that's all that really matters. Everybody gets screwed by bad officiating. The last few Arkansas vs LSU games have been as good as it gets. Love that souie pig chant - one of a kind for sure. You guys have a good coach in Petrino, nobody is going to look forward to playing Arkansas.

Last edited:
I got my undergraduate degree from LSU, and my masters from CU. Actually, Arkansas is one of my favorite SEC teams. I have attended a game at War Memorial and it's a great atmosphere, the area is beautiful. I went to the Ozarks for my honeymoon. LSU got what appeared to be a bad call with them driving with about 2 minutes left in the Bama game. We lost the game, that's all that really matters. Everybody gets screwed by bad officiating. The last few Arkansas vs LSU games have been as good as it gets. Love that souie pig chant - one of a kind for sure. You guys have a good coach in Petrino, nobody is going to look forward to playing Arkansas.

I got my undergrad at Arkansas and am getting my law degree at CU. Definitely love playing LSU. War Memorial is a great gameday atmosphere because of the golf course around the stadium that they open for tailgating. But as far as a nicer stadium, the one on campus is gorgeous. Been down to Death Valley a few times for games, amazing atmosphere as well. Arkansas v. LSU is turning into a nasty rivalry. Almost always a close game and at least one of the two teams usually has an SEC title game appearance on the line. Honestly, Miles is holding you guys back. You all will get a great coach eventually and be back to where you belong.

Back