What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hypothetically

I think Dillon or Schrock would be capable of leading the team to six wins if Wood falters, is injured or turns out to be hype and not much else. If Wood is the real deal we may win seven. Not a better time to have high hopes than the off-season.

Texas has put 3 QBs in the NFL under Mack. I'll take his opinion over yours.
Two of which were seemingly once in a lifetime players. It's no secret that Mack plays politics down there. Do you honestly believe anyone would start ahead of McCoy whose older brother might as well be a god in Austin? Hell, Texas fans even said he got screwed and should have gotten a chance.

I guess this whole Texas politics idea will be put to bed either way after we see Wood play in a game

Anyone remember Jeremy Weisinger? Was supposed to run away with the job in 1998,was beat out by Mike Moschetti. I might still be shell shocked from that one,still too many unknowns about the candidates to call this race for me.

I guess this whole Texas politics idea will be put to bed either way after we see Wood play in a game

Yeah. We can compare him with the performance of the UT QBs last year. For a supporting cast, the talent differential between CU and CSU/Sacramento State versus UT and just about everyone on its schedule is equivalent.

This is the giant we don't have a bit of a clue moment. Until we see the QBs on the field against live competition none of us can do more than speculate.

I'm hoping that Wood is as good as his recruiting ratings and physical talent would indicate, hoping that Schrock is way better than his recruiting ranking would indicate, that Hirschman is able to not only come back but take another years step forward, that Dillon comes in and has a RS year that makes everyone excited about our future at the position.

I think Wood is going to show us that he is a talented guy with a future but also that he is an inexperienced guy who make rookie mistakes as he grows game by game. Behind him we have a whole lot of guys who may be good but right now leave us hoping he stays healthy.

Either way I think that if Wood isn't the starter or he gets hurt and misses a substantial amount of time it cost us 1-2 games.

Not to be a huge dildo....but this season is a building block....Danny ****ed us.....we cannot expect anything beyond 5 wins until 2013 or 2014. I don't care who we have at starting QB. It is what it is....

Not to be a huge dildo....but this season is a building block....Danny ****ed us.....we cannot expect anything beyond 5 wins until 2013 or 2014. I don't care who we have at starting QB. It is what it is....

I think with the schedule 6 wins should be much more likely. Other than that I agree with you completely. Embree and the coaches can be doing a great job and we will still be a bad team, we just lack talent.

I have no expectations for this season, but if not this season, 2013 really needs to be a bowl season. There is no 2013 or 2014, it is 2013 and 2014 that should be bowl seasons (and comfortably so).

If Webb maybe even to slightly lower expectations.
If Hirschman, slightly lower to dreary, but still some hope.
Schrock, dreary but intrigued.
Dillon, dreary but intrigued (as it should be with any true frosh qb, unless you have a team full of 5stars around him)

Darkhorses :lol::

Hawkins, Cody finds another year of eligibilty somehow and finds a way to start... if the past 6 years have taught me anything, its that there is a pretty good shot, no matter the odds, Cody is our starter.

Lovett, finally shows up... 10 and no. National champs. Duh.

If Webb maybe even to slightly lower expectations.
If Hirschman, slightly lower to dreary, but still some hope.
Schrock, dreary but intrigued.
Dillon, dreary but intrigued (as it should be with any true frosh qb, unless you have a team full of 5stars around him)

Darkhorses :lol::

Hawkins, Cody finds another year of eligibilty somehow and finds a way to start... if the past 6 years have taught me anything, its that there is a pretty good shot, no matter the odds, Cody is our starter.

Lovett, finally shows up... 10 and no. National champs. Duh.
Id rather have Shrock than Hirsch, offers or no offers. Hirsch has a good arm but umm we are in bigtime trouble if he's the guy. I could be wrong but I dont see much with Hirsch.

Id rather have Shrock than Hirsch, offers or no offers. Hirsch has a good arm but umm we are in bigtime trouble if he's the guy. I could be wrong but I dont see much with Hirsch.

I agree. I've never seen somebody through more of their body into their throws. It looks like he needs to use a lot of effort to get the ball down field. I hope he proves us wrong when he gets healthy and we have another potential starter to add to the mix.

Shrock on the other hand seems very fluid and has the measurables. We wont know a thing until we see all of the candidates/the starter under pressure in a game situation.

I agree. I've never seen somebody through more of their body into their throws. It looks like he needs to use a lot of effort to get the ball down field. I hope he proves us wrong when he gets healthy and we have another potential starter to add to the mix.

Shrock on the other hand seems very fluid and has the measurables. We wont know a thing until we see all of the candidates/the starter under pressure in a game situation.

Will Shrock follow in the walk-on footsteps of Joel Klatt, and lead CU to a conference championship game? Inquiring minds want to know.

How is that surprising? You're both negative as hell.

Until I suggested recently that we probably shouldn't "expect" 6 wins, I was usually beat up around here for being too optimistic. JimmyBuff and I have been very divided on lots of issues, and I was always on the optimistic side of things, probably to a fault.

My dismal of your past opinions as nonsense is not being "negative" Creatini....

Would want to see them play before I downgraded my season expectations. I do think this should be a 6 win season but depending on what happens with the rest of spring and fall camps, that could go up or down. QB will be one spot that will have a major impact. We will see grasshopper!

Somehow I can't help but feel that this thread about things that could possibly go wrong portended the news of today about P-Rich. I know this was about the QB position, but I'm sure there is a connection there somewhere.

Somehow I can't help but feel that this thread about things that could possibly go wrong portended the news of today about P-Rich. I know this was about the QB position, but I'm sure there is a connection there somewhere.

We better all neg rep BB just to be on the safe side in case there's some mojo we need to reverse.

Back