What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am genuinely looking forward to football season

Some lady that you all follow on Twitter, that seems to be pretty plugged into the program in some way or another, had dinner with Chev and RG and said that Chev is very optimistic about the season.
At the meet the coaches thing he was very very optimistic, said a couple times "we're gonna win plenty of games this year" and the "offense is going to put points up." Honestly the one thing that frustrates me about mac is he doesn't seem to be very confident in his team to external groups which is good from a fan standpoint because he doesn't over promise like Todd graham but at the same time it probably doesn't inspire much confidence in his team. This is a make break year for him so get out there and put positive things in the news about your team beyond leadership and culture changes, no matter what happens you have to make a bowl game so who cares if it doesn't happen?

At the meet the coaches thing he was very very optimistic, said a couple times "we're gonna win plenty of games this year" and the "offense is going to put points up." Honestly the one thing that frustrates me about mac is he doesn't seem to be very confident in his team to external groups which is good from a fan standpoint because he doesn't over promise like Todd graham but at the same time it probably doesn't inspire much confidence in his team. This is a make break year for him so get out there and put positive things in the news about your team beyond leadership and culture changes, no matter what happens you have to make a bowl game so who cares if it doesn't happen?
Last year he was pretty public with the bowl game expectations, but I get your point. I think it's wise to have quiet confidence this year and not flaunt it.

I'm excited for conference play, but the first few games of the year always worry me. I love the coaching staff, but they seem to have trouble preparing kids during the off season. Hopefully with the staff change-ups that is a thing of the past.

I caught a lot of grief for it last year but I warned that the Buffs tend to struggle in first games and that the Hawaii game could set the tone for the whole season. It ended up that we struggled, lost, and were off track for a bowl from then on.

This year we need to come out ready to play and get a solid win. Lose this game and a bowl becomes almost out of reach from the start. Win and play well and the team gains the confidence needed to win some games the "experts" think they shouldn't.

One big difference with the new staff members that should help a lot is that it seems like they are able to connect much better emotionally with the players than in the recent past. Hopefully they will be better able to move a team that is still finding itself through the emotional ups and downs of a first game against an opponent that will full bore emotion against us.

Last year he was pretty public with the bowl game expectations, but I get your point. I think it's wise to have quiet confidence this year and not flaunt it.
But he kept saying it was the kids expectation, not his. It was weird and you could tell he wasn't his genuine feeling.

But he kept saying it was the kids expectation, not his. It was weird and you could tell he wasn't his genuine feeling.

Correct. He was purposely distancing himself from that expectation. It was definitely weird.

There have been a lot of coaches who sandbag it with external groups and the media as almost a way of trying to motivate the players--keep the fire underneath them. He's got flaws, and probably isn't winning the Toastmaster's competition, but really don't believe the issue is that he doesn't believe in the players.

If anything, I feel like most of MacIntyre's flaws as a head coach stem from his interactions with his assistant coaches, not the players. He seems to be involved in everything and not necessarily great at delegating tasks (although this seems to be changing for the better with the newer hires).

If jinxing was a thing, we'd have jinxed us into a bowl game a while ago with all the self-loathing.

Can't we have one kool-aid thread? There's a ton to be excited about, but any excitement comes with the reminder that we aren't where we should be, that HCMM is coaching for his job and all this recruiting excitement might not matter, and to not get our hopes up because "we do this every year." The OL is a question mark until proven otherwise. Even a 100% Sefo isn't perfect. We are desperately hoping for a newcomer to step in at WR and make an impact and for a RB to take over. There's no depth in the secondary, or really at LB. We need Gillam and Tupou to be right. Special teams might still provide lulz. Even the biggest homer realizes all this.

But the rise is real and if you want to fight me about being excited then PM me and we can meet in Temecula.
There is a Casa Bonita in Temecula?

Some lady that you all follow on Twitter, that seems to be pretty plugged into the program in some way or another, had dinner with Chev and RG and said that Chev is very optimistic about the season.

Obvious grain of salt since coaches are generally positive and since he's speaking to the public in front of his big boss. But assuming that Chev legitimately feels that way, his comparable is a bowl team from last year with the TTU roster.

Obvious grain of salt since coaches are generally positive and since he's speaking to the public in front of his big boss. But assuming that Chev legitimately feels that way, his comparable is a bowl team from last year with the TTU roster.
I would take Chev with a grain of salt because he is a rah rah pump up guy and also he hasn't coached the team in a game situation to see how the react both positively and negatively. With that, bowl game dammit!

A couple recent articles on Sefo have me drinking the KoolAid.
Here is the latest.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/101569/colorado-qb-sefo-liufau-plans-to-prove-doubters-wrong

I'm really pulling for him to have a great year and lead us to a bowl game. I have been critical of his accuracy as a qb, but I can't knock his heart or effort. He handles all the adversity with class. It is especially impressive the work he put in at rehabbing his foot. Should be inspiring to his team mates.
This could be a big season. We will know for sure 9/2. CSU is a must win.
Go Buffs.

No Kool-Aid here. I think the team could certainly be better, but I just have no real anticipation for the season. I'm not overly pessimistic, just kind of wait and see attitude. Maybe as we get closer...

No Kool-Aid here. I think the team could certainly be better, but I just have no real anticipation for the season. I'm not overly pessimistic, just kind of wait and see attitude. Maybe as we get closer...

Bxn5PGrCUAAwjPK.jpg

These might have been the best football commercials evar! The Sterling Sharpe Freight train was my fav.

I'm really looking forward to the season, but no Kool Aid here. I'm still trying to get over how bad we looked at Hawaii almost 11 months ago. Beat Michigan in the Big House and I'll be chugging one of the Gatorade tubs you see on the sideline full of the kool-aid, but until then......

I am looking forward to our running game after hearing this:

"In his first year back on the sidelines, Hagan said he's not opposed to either option, but realizes the importance of one player being able to get in a groove during a game. 'I think as a running back, the better you get, the more carries, the more touches you have because you get a better feel for the game," Hagan said when he was promoted last spring. "By rotating guys, you get guys standing on the sidelines and they don't have a feel for it. You want a running back to be decisive in everything he does.' "

Back