What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

i am hoping the comparisons to the marolt mac extension...

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
are being way over-blown...

CU had to extend hawk or render him a lame duck in recruiting (which you never want to do, of course). but, if i hear one more comparison to marolt extending mac in the middle of a 1-10 season i think i might puke.

this isn't then.

i don't want to sit thru ANOTHER season like that one! i know our Buffs are basically decimated along the o-line (moving goree over there for emergencies shows you how desperate the situation has become). but, the staff still needs to find 3 more wins at least on this schedule.

a losing season would be a big setback and i don't know how well the staff will recruit if it has to sell vision again versus some tangible signs of improvement.

i think the staff knows we've reached a really pivotal stage. this is why they are talking about using ballenger some and they have moved goree over for backup. the margin for error is basically gone and our team is in a brutal stretch of the schedule.

i think ku is beatable but it will take a strong effort. the Buffs have not been good on the road under hawkins yet. this is a sign of an inexperienced team and our ol isn't exactly a group of vets at this point. i would view a win over ku as a mild upset. kjsu is definitely winnable. mizzery looks like an nfl team compared to CU right now, so that one is a challenge.

if the Buffs can get out of this 3 game stretch 2-1, i will be giddy. 1-2 and i will be ok with it. 0-3 and then that damn comparison to the marolt-mac extension will seem a lot more relevant than i would like.

GO BUFFS!

I don't think it was Marolt who extended Mac, it was Crowder. But in any event, you're right, the two situations are different. Crowder didn't have any choice in the matter. Honestly, what was he going to do if he axed McCartney? Bohn has alternatives, but he's definitely doing the right thing by extending Hawkins.

I don't think it was Marolt who extended Mac, it was Crowder. But in any event, you're right, the two situations are different. Crowder didn't have any choice in the matter. Honestly, what was he going to do if he axed McCartney? Bohn has alternatives, but he's definitely doing the right thing by extending Hawkins.

crowder hire Mac, but marolt was ad when Mac got the extension.

trust me on this!

:smile2:

To me 1984 = 2006.

So right now would be more like "1986".

By the way, after going 1-10 in 1984, Mac's next four seasons were

7-5
6-6
7-4
8-4

Just sayin'. :cool:

Back