1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am impressed.....

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by PhillyBuff, Feb 4, 2010.

1. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

I expected to read posts this morning blaming the refs for the huge disparity of fouls that were called in KU's favor....

I was surprised to read that most of you agreed that our team had the chances and just did not score......

I think CU basketball is finaly exciting to watch for the first time in about 6 years. I really enjoyed being able to watch these kids on national tv....

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

ill say it again we win if alecs plays

3. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

what a game that was for sure we heading in the right direction.....go buffs

4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

what would he do that Levi didn't. Levi was 5 of 8 shooting (3 for 4 beyond the arc) with 4 boards and better yet he drew at least 3 fouls (one charge) and was absolutely raped on two other charge calls. maybe if Burks plays for Higgins, Nate or Thorne last night then we win.

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Levi was the ****ing MAN last night. That steal in the last few mins of regulation on the breakaway was sick.

6. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

for ****s sake im not bashing levi im simply stating if we had our full compliment of players we would have won

7. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Having Burks would have certainly helped. I know one thing, Ive never seen Levi play that well before. Big props to him.

8. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Unfortunately with basketball (and other sports probably) you can't say that. If Burks played, the game would have been completely different in regards to game plan, shot distribution, roles, Kansas' game plan, etc. It doesn't work like that.

9. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

agreed.... you cant just insert a player and expect their 10 plus points a game to be the difference.... Burks could have been off and went 2-10 from the field..... played crappy d and we may have lost in regulation...

10. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

That's my feeling about last night. We all know KU had a lot of room to perform better last night. Had Burks played, I think CU would have performed even better than they did (no offense to Knutson, who did everything you could want, and hopefully would still have gotten his minutes and played great, but Burks is special). But I have a feeling KU would still have found a way to play just well enough to win. The ISU game, on the other hand, if Burks doesn't get hurt early on I have no doubt in my mind CU wins - probably somewhat comfortably...

11. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

That is a good and fair assessment.