What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am pumped for the season

Well that will help that those guys are gone. Hate to say it but they kicked our ass up front last year.

They arent as experienced on the oline this year either right? I remember them having alot of starts on the oline last year.

That uber-experienced O-Line helped them to a stellar 3-8 record. I know, I'm a real Debbie Downer. Sorry. Carry on.

What about 70-3? I was much more pissed about that.....

They are related. 70-3 was the consumation of the Tear Down of the program by people outside the AD.

Again, I'm not sure Hawkins can coach, but I'm not 100% positive he can't. He's put together (By far) the best team we've had on paper in a long time. I'm more optimistic than most of you, I know. But I won't go as far as Sackman and say he's for sure not capable of getting it done. If we lose to CSU, then I'll be sure though.... 8 wins.

Losing to csu, no excuse, especially at home. There is no reason hell considering the OL/DL matchups and them starting another fresh qb that cu should lose to the goats. NONE.

They are related. 70-3 was the consumation of the Tear Down of the program by people outside the AD.

Again, I'm not sure Hawkins can coach, but I'm not 100% positive he can't. He's put together (By far) the best team we've had on paper in a long time. I'm more optimistic than most of you, I know. But I won't go as far as Sackman and say he's for sure not capable of getting it done. If we lose to CSU, then I'll be sure though.... 8 wins.[/QUOTE]
If we lose to CSU.......8 wins? If we lose to CSU, we will be lucky to win 3....

If we lose to CSU again, I say dont wait. Fire his ass soon as its over, let Cabral finish out the year.

If CU can't get motivated to beat csu,especially after their fans dance on folsom field, I don't know what to say. It's time to show some effing pride and anger around here and kick some ass.

We shouldnt just beat CSU, we should ****ing blow them out every year. They are horrible and there is no excuse losing to them.

Lose to CSU and this team will tank pretty quickly. The media will be all over it and the pressure will build so fast and strongly that Bohn will not have a choice but to start answering questions in the media. I do not believe this is going to happen. We should roll the rams pretty easily, even with a Hawkins coached team. Pressure should not build unitl about 4 weeks into the season. We will be no better than 2-2 and maybe 1-3 at that point. If we are, it will get ugly as we roll into the Big XII schedule.

All of this confidence in destroying CSU sounds eerily similar to last year when we, uhhh, lost.

CSU will come out fired up, will CU? CU needs to play this game like it's their last because the team on the other side will.

Im not saying that we will kick their ass, Im saying we SHOULD every year. We should never get beat by those losers.

I agree. CU should win consistently against the lambs, but that hasn't happened since Skippy left. Last year's loss was simply mind boggling.

I want to be optimistic, I really do. I want DBT to make a thread called "I TOLD YOU ****ING IDIOTS". I hear stories of how awesome Clemons is, Patterson and his sprinter speed coming in, OL bigger and more experienced, etc. Then I remember last year and it all comes crashing down. Here's how I see it. I'll buy into the hype by the time the CSU game comes along, and by god Hawk had better win that game. Win that and win against Hawaii, and hopefully split or at least be competitive against Cal and Georgia and I'll remain optimistic for awhile longer.

I hope they toss Bohn out with him. I don't have faith in MB making another football hire.

Totally disagree. Bohn, IMO has done a hell of a job as AD. We may not like the Hawkins hire now, but pretty much everyone loved it at the time. Bzdelik was a good hire, Boyle seems to be a good hire (time will tell), and frankly I don't give a s**t about ladies hoops so...whatever. Hawkins was a bad hire in retrospect, but he didn't make that decision alone and I think he's been damn successful in every other part of his job since he's been here (donations up, football attendance good, bubble built, secured home golf course, basketball facility underway, moved to Pac 10).

I don't think people realize just how good Bohn really is as our AD.

Totally disagree. Bohn, IMO has done a hell of a job as AD. We may not like the Hawkins hire now, but pretty much everyone loved it at the time. Bzdelik was a good hire, Boyle seems to be a good hire (time will tell), and frankly I don't give a s**t about ladies hoops so...whatever. Hawkins was a bad hire in retrospect, but he didn't make that decision alone and I think he's been damn successful in every other part of his job since he's been here (donations up, football attendance good, bubble built, secured home golf course, basketball facility underway, moved to Pac 10).

:yeahthat: +1

Not sure I follow. Mike didn't make the decision alone? He's the athletic director. I don't care who he hired to do the coaching search, the responsibility ultimately lies with him and him alone.

How many big time programs let an AD make another hire after his first one fails? My guess is not a lot. I know he does plenty to raise money, and do all the other things you listed, but that stuff should be expected from our AD.

MB's hiring record hasn't been exactly stellar. Even at his other stops. We all know about Hawkins, and you can't really slam him for Bzdelik, but you can't pat him on the back for it either. Getting a guy like Jeff, knowing he could bail out at any year ultimately hurts our MBB program. it was a risk that kind of backfired on us. We need continuity and we're not getting that. I am not that high on Tad Boyle either. So far he's done everything right, but we need to see some results before we congratulate Bohn for that hire.

Hawkins was the right hire at the time, turns out maybe he wasn't a "good" hire. Dan was going to get a bigtime BCS job somewhere, and it turned out it was us.

Bzdelik won 7 conference games last year, and that's somehow "great"? Ricardo did that all the time. i would have preferred any number of college experienced coaches over BZ at the time. Alvin Gentry wanted the CU job and he did more this season with the Suns than BZ ever did in the NBA.

i will believe more in Mike Bohn when he hires someone who doesn't already coach on I-25.

Last edited:
MB's hiring record hasn't been exactly stellar. Even at his other stops. We all know about Hawkins, and you can't really slam him for Bzdelik, but you can't pat him on the back for it either. Getting a guy like Jeff, knowing he could bail out at any year ultimately hurts our MBB program. it was a risk that kind of backfired on us. We need continuity and we're not getting that. I am not that high on Tad Boyle either. So far he's done everything right, but we need to see some results before we congratulate Bohn for that hire.

Really??? Bohn got a former NBA head coach who had just had a stellar run at Air Force (not exactly a traditional power) and convinced him to come to CU which traditionally has been one of the worst programs in the Big 12. Yeah, I'll pat him on the back for that.

Everyone knows about Chuck Neinas involvement in Hawk's hiring, and even though I realize it's ultimately on the AD, I reiterate that the vast majority of people liked the hire. Bohn was also the only person in the admininstration who was apparently ready to fire Hawk last season, so I don't hol dit against him that Hawk is here this year.

Lots of coaches fail for a variety of reasons, this is not uniques to CU. It's brutal right now, but the good things Bohn has done FAR outweigh the Hawk hire. We could do a lot worse that Mike Bohn....a lot.

Hawkins was the right hire at the time, turns out maybe he wasn't a "good" hire. Dan was going to get a bigtime BCS job somewhere, and it turned out it was us.

Bzdelik won 7 conference games last year, and that's somehow "great"? Ricardo did that all the time. i would have preferred any number of college experienced coaches over BZ at the time. Alvin Gentry wanted the CU job and he did more this season with the Suns than BZ ever did in the NBA.

i will believe more in Mike Bohn when he hires someone who doesn't already coach on I-25.

C'mon, CU is not an attractive job for anyone who has options, getting Bz here was a coup. He gutted hourse, and by all accounts we are in better shape and have more talent now than when he got here. Patton went to how many tourneys again? Bz was only here for ywo years, which sucks, but attendance was way up, the team is more fun to watch, and we have a legitimate star on the team for the new coach. He was a good hire IMO.

Back