What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am so damn frustrated right now

:lol:

He was the quarterback for the gayhawks football team. You're talking about Mike Bohn, right?

Simple solution - stop caring so much. If no one in the administration with the power to help fix this thing doesn't care, why should I?

The risk of not caring is that the geniuses in the Chancellor and President offices may just interpret that indifference as a mandate to disband the football program. The way they are behaveing, maybe killing the football program is their true agenda anyway. Actions speak louder than words.

I am assuming that CU is trying to kill the program, and prefer to fight.

When I stop caring, Benson and DiStephano have won.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what you are saying is we have a gayhawk AD AND a gayhawk under center? I think I may have found the source of our trouble....

Simple solution - stop caring so much. If no one in the administration with the power to help fix this thing doesn't care, why should I?
Sure. I just turn off my emotional attachments when I feel like it. Super easy.
That was a bit tongue in cheek - I need to find that sarcasm font - as I have watched every minute of every game except for the USC game while I was in Florida. This pretty much sucks.
The risk of not caring is that the geniuses in the Chancellor and President offices may just interpret that indifference as a mandate to disband the football program. The way they are behaveing, maybe killing the football program is their true agenda anyway. Actions speak louder than words. I am assuming that CU is trying to kill the program, and prefer to fight. When I stop caring, Benson and DiStephano have won.
I think that covers it, but, for the record Skid, I agree with you to an extent. I'm just done being a lamb to the slaughter - I plan to be very vocal about my displeasure while still rooting for something resembling progress each Saturday.

I am beyond pissed as well and I think this year is total BS. All your stats do make a good point. But I think you would be hard pressed to name any programs who fire coaches after 1.5 seasons when it was well known they were stepping into a total mess to begin with. I can really only think of Kansas with Turner Gill, Memphis with Larry Porter and Akron firing Rob Ianello. At least in college I think it is too soon. He only has one of his own recruiting classes and he walked into a giant mess last year. Now please don't get me wrong I am mad as hell but firing so quickly makes it more difficult to get another coach. Ruins another year of recruiting (2 out of last 3 years of ruined recruiting= terrible idea down the road). So we are probably gonna have to suck this one up deal with a new DC and some position coaches and see where it takes us. But I think JE's leash got a lot shorter for next year based on the numbers you have in your post.

What is this 1.5 seasons crap? Season is over buddy. It's not a good one. Neither was the last one, or does it not count since it was his first year?

Terrible recruiting? Our class, which is close to full at this juncture, is ranked in the 60s and will probably end up the worst in the P12. If we fire Embree now, hire a new coach, take a hit on this small class, we can actually have a good class next year. Do you think next year is going to be better somehow? It'll be worse than it is now. Not that it can get much worse..

UW fired Keith Gilbertson after his 2nd year. He started 6-6 and then had a peach of a 2nd year at 1-10. And to think we didn't even go 6-6 last year.

Who gives a **** if the Coaches Assocation gives us a lower rating? We're still, at least for a few more games, in the top 25 in all time wins. We're a P12 school. We're a much better job than some want to credit us with. We could get a really good coordinator or smaller school HC. We might not be able to beat out some schools that will be searching this year (Auburn, Tennesse, etc) but that doesn't mean we should accept status quo.

Back