What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am sure we are not the worst fans in America

I didn't have a problem with rushing the field. It's getting a bit old, but the students showed well last night and were loud and proud so what the hell. I could give a flying **** what other fan bases think of us. Our town, our team, our house, we'll do whatever the **** we please.

I do agree on the wave in the 3rd quarter, and being too loud when we have the ball. I would like to see the "**** YOU GEORGIA" chant or whoever the visiting team is to stop. Unless it's the fuskers of course :smile2:

I think this thread reeks of snobbery. "I'm a sophistacted fan and you, sir, are not."

OK, I know I'm not a sophisticated fan like most of you and, especially, you big time East Coast football fans. But this thread and the pic of the kid on the field high fiving The Flying Burrito reminded me of when I was a kid. I grew up in West Texas. San Angelo. Now, us West Texans are not nearly as sophisticated as those football fans in, say, Philly. But when I was a kid, my folks had season tickets to the San Angelo Central High games. Yeah, pretty unsophisticated to actually have season tickets to ****ing high school games.

Anyway, us little guys LOVED the Bobcats. They were Gods to us. So, after EVERY game, we rushed the field. Yep. Pretty lame. But we loved our Bobcats. So we would rush the field after every game and run up to those giant high school players and ask for their chin straps. When you got a chin strap, man, that was heaven. Anyway, I am a "worst fan." Because I come from a place where it is kind of cool to rush the field. But, for sure, West Texans don't know jack **** about how real football fans are supposed to act.

OK, I know I'm not a sophisticated fan like most of you and, especially, you big time East Coast football fans. But this thread and the pic of the kid on the field high fiving The Flying Burrito reminded me of when I was a kid. I grew up in West Texas. San Angelo. Now, us West Texans are not nearly as sophisticated as those football fans in, say, Philly. But when I was a kid, my folks had season tickets to the San Angelo Central High games. Yeah, pretty unsophisticated to actually have season tickets to ****ing high school games.

Anyway, us little guys LOVED the Bobcats. They were Gods to us. So, after EVERY game, we rushed the field. Yep. Pretty lame. But we loved our Bobcats. So we would rush the field after every game and run up to those giant high school players and ask for their chin straps. When you got a chin strap, man, that was heaven. Anyway, I am a "worst fan." Because I come from a place where it is kind of cool to rush the field. But, for sure, West Texans don't know jack **** about how real football fans are supposed to act.

After being a ginormous asshole last night, DBT is on fire today! Rep to you.

Seriously, you're from San Angelo? Who knew?

EDIT: YMSSR

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's so fun, why is cu the only fanbase that is doing it?

Because there is a huge banked handicap ramp in between the student section and the field. Other schools don't make those kind of accommodations.

Folsom-Field1.jpg

After being a ginormous asshole last night, DBT is on fire today! Rep to you.

Seriously, you're from San Angelo? Who knew?

EDIT: YMSSR
I totally appologize for last night. I was a super douche. Too much gin. No excuse though. My gin twisted mind was perceiving that people wanted us to lose in order to get rid of Hawkins. My bad.

your impression of Philadelphia fans is much more positive than the national media! I am glad you singled me out....

I was of course.... only kidding....

I totally appologize for last night. I was a super douche. Too much gin. No excuse though. My gin twisted mind was perceiving that people wanted us to lose in order to get rid of Hawkins. My bad.

Jesus, DBT, I thought your were joking last night. I thought you were pretending to be an asshole to be funny (and it was).

You probably should have kept that apology to yourself.

Jesus, DBT, I thought your were joking last night. I thought you were pretending to be an asshole to be funny (and it was).

You probably should have kept that apology to yourself.
OK, I take it back, ****wad. I don't ginerally drink. Especially that much. It wasn't even that much. I have no tolerance anymore. And I was joking. Most of the time.

Last edited:
I think this thread reeks of snobbery. "I'm a sophistacted fan and you, sir, are not."

DBT, as a Texas native you should just be grateful that a guy who grew up in the shadow of football powerhouses like Temple and Villanova is willing to teach you about being a football fan... :lol:

DBT, as a Texas native you should just be grateful that a guy who grew up in the shadow of football powerhouses like Temple and Villanova is willing to teach you about being a football fan... :lol:

Both of which, are better than CU right now....

be careful.... he probably thinks Temple is in Texas....

OK, my kid came home for food. He was at the game. He and his friends were REALLY PISSED that students rushed the field. He thinks our fans are a bunch of idots. He said to me, "So, we've never beaten a 1-3 team before?" :lol:

OK, my kid came home for food. He was at the game. He and his friends were REALLY PISSED that students rushed the field. He thinks our fans are a bunch of idots. He said to me, "So, we've never beaten a 1-3 team before?" :lol:

Your kid sounds smart, you must have some good parenting skills.

Reactions: DBT
Saul don't make me **** punt you... just because your avatar was a ****ty kicker doesn't mean I am

Last edited:
You're supposed to rush the field when you win a nail biter against a historically good team. Good win.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...but if my memory serves me correctly, when I was a kid I was told/taught to keep your mouth shut and simply shake keys on key downs when we are on offense....not when we are on DEFENSE. When we are on D we make as much noise as possible...and that doesn't include KEYS!

KEYS=OFFENSE
YELLING and SCREAMING=DEFENSE

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...but if my memory serves me correctly, when I was a kid I was told/taught to keep your mouth shut and simply shake keys on key downs when we are on offense....not when we are on DEFENSE. When we are on D we make as much noise as possible...and that doesn't include KEYS!

KEYS=OFFENSE
YELLING and SCREAMING=DEFENSE

That is exactly how I was taught in 1991 by my older friends at CU. That seemed to hold up through 2003.... then it looks like apathy set in and no one was there to mentor these young bright minded children....

Maybe we need to hire DBT to spend his saturdays in the student section for some good parenting skills...

Back