What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am trying to be patient with Sefo

Sefo's is not the problem. He may not be Koy Detmer, but he is not the problem. 36/52 (69%), 2 TD's, 1 int. Even with the dumb pick six, that's more than good enough to win most games in a season.

He may not be the problem - but he's not a solution, either.

He needs to improve. If CU is going to improve - he has to do better than 2 TD's, 1 INT, 1 Fumble.

Sure - but we aren't winning.

I've got no problem with the pistol. Just would like to see them try something different.

Historically - Colorado has been at their best as a power running team. They've never won anything as a finesse team. A stronger running game - and more emphasis on a running game - would open up the passing game (especially the play-action passing game).

It would also improve the defense, IMO.

Why does what offense we ran 25 years ago matter at all? Time to come to 2014. So tied of hearing that we should switch the offense because that's what we ran 25 years ago.

Sefo is locking onto receivers very badly right now.

I see guys wide open that he doesn't progress to before throwing the ball away or forcing it.

I can almost forgive the bad INTs to LBs because he's never seen a LB in practice that can cover a pass or jump a route, so he gets surprised by that on game days.

If you give up a pick 6 and a punt return, you are gonna have a hard time winning when you aren't a very good team.

Add a fumbled KO return and giving up some gaping holes for Shaq Thompson to run through and you end up with a lopsided loss no matter who the QB is.

Whatever happened to being patient? The guy has made what 15 starts? That's barely more than a season. How many of the all time great QB's would never have made it if people gave up on them after a little over a year?

I have ZERO doubt we will be a force in the conference next year. Hell, we would be right now if it weren't for a dumb play or bad call here and there. Should have beat Cal, OSU, and UCLA. Could have beat ASU and Washington.

My my biggest concern is the mentality of the team. Are they mentally tough enough to see the big picture and know that they are about to break through? Or will getting this close over and over demoralize them? If they stay positive I think we will all be happy next year. Let's see how Sefo does to start next year....if he isn't better then it's time to make a change.

The problem with your "here and there" is that every week it is a here and there play with Liufau that is costing games. It is time to try another option. Period. He has not shown me anything that a backup on any FCS roster can't do.

I just can't see the staff putting in another guy for the next two years unless they're really next level. Sefo has a ton of XP by now and probably is what he is, but that's also something coaches love. They'll be, maybe?, coaching for their jobs next year and won't be pinning their hopes on a redshirt freshman or true freshman QB imo. So.. guess we have to hope Sefo gets better and fixes the mistakes.

I see guys wide open that he doesn't progress to before throwing the ball away or forcing it.

I can almost forgive the bad INTs to LBs because he's never seen a LB in practice that can cover a pass or jump a route, so he gets surprised by that on game days.

Lindgren needs to force him to practice coming off the primary receiver in practice.

I wonder if getting hit so often and so early is making him unconsciously simplify things down and focus on doing one thing, even if it is the wrong thing.

He also runs himself into pressure when his first two looks are not there. Almost always to the right, instead of stepping up into the pocket.

The problem with your "here and there" is that every week it is a here and there play with Liufau that is costing games. It is time to try another option. Period. He has not shown me anything that a backup on any FCS roster can't do.

:rofl:

Who is that black guy that works with the young qbs? He worked with Winston, Manziel, etc. Might not hurt for Sefo to work out with him. He's on Gameday every week I think.

He also runs himself into pressure when his first two looks are not there. Almost always to the right, instead of stepping up into the pocket.
He treats every down and distance the same. Never seen it before. The urgency never changes.

I'm still hesitant to put it on Sefo given the state of the o-line, lack of a dangerous tight end, etc. What is worrisome is that he takes such a beating that he may be developing a permanent case of the yips.

I'm still hesitant to put it on Sefo given the state of the o-line, lack of a dangerous tight end, etc. What is worrisome is that he takes such a beating that he may be developing a permanent case of the yips.
The OL has been solid this year, they aren't the issue with Sefo

The dude has not progressed. Can't look off his REC. Can't read defenses. Makes a ton of bad choices. He was main reason for 3 Ls we should have won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does what offense we ran 25 years ago matter at all? Time to come to 2014. So tied of hearing that we should switch the offense because that's what we ran 25 years ago.

Stanford won the conference the past two years; last year they only passed the ball 35% of the time. Is that not good enough for Colorado? Is that not good enough for 2014?

Stanford has an amazing defense, which certainly helps. But a solid ball control (and clock control) offense has proven that it can (and does) win this conference.

CU had an RB today who averaged 8+ yards per carry -- and he only touched the ball 14 times (and 1 of those was a reception!). Meanwhile the QB attempted 52 passes.

The player on offense who should be the focus of the offense wears #19, not #13.

The OL has been solid this year, they aren't the issue with Sefo

The only thing solid dealing with our OL this year has been the full body bruise that is Sefo. He has been hit as much or more than any QB in the PAC. We have gone away from throwing deep because we can't protect long enough for the pattern to develop.

Lots of words to describe our OL this year, solid isn't one of them.

Are you really trying to play the game that spread offenses don't win conference titles by providing one example?

I'm happy to be patient but when I see the exact same pick into the exact same coverage week after week after week, I get a little frustrated.

I am with Duff on this one. I am trying to be patient but I'm struggling with it.

Dead on. Not all picks are created equal. The deep ball into double coverage that is as good as a punt is not so big a deal.

But EVERY SINGLE WEEK Sefo throws a pick into the flats where it gets returned for huge yards, if not a TD. And these aren't exotic coverages or guys making diving picks. He puts it right on the numbers of defenders where you can't possibly understand how he doesn't see the defender. Getting real old.

Stanford won the conference the past two years; last year they only passed the ball 35% of the time. Is that not good enough for Colorado? Is that not good enough for 2014?

Stanford has an amazing defense, which certainly helps. But a solid ball control (and clock control) offense has proven that it can (and does) win this conference.

CU had an RB today who averaged 8+ yards per carry -- and he only touched the ball 14 times (and 1 of those was a reception!). Meanwhile the QB attempted 52 passes.

The player on offense who should be the focus of the offense wears #19, not #13.

Putting Stanford to the side, most of the spread offenses in the Pac-12 are run offenses. ASU is a running team. Oregon is a running team. UA is a running team. UW is a running team.

Other that Wazzu, everyone's either a running team from a pro style system or a running team from a spread system.

What the hell are you talking about?

That is the only game that he has had any impressive stats in, until you see that everyone has impressive stats against Cal. He is not a P5 starting QB. Please understand that.

That is the only game that he has had any impressive stats in, until you see that everyone has impressive stats against Cal. He is not a P5 starting QB. Please understand that.
Ha ok bud whatever you say

I don't think the offense is the problem. Sure, you'd like to Sefo cut down on the mistakes, but other then the CSU game, I have a hard time saying Sefo's play was one of the top 3 reasons for a loss.

Guess we can always give Gehrke a shot, but that would be more of a final game of the season type thing, if that.

I don't think the offense is the problem. Sure, you'd like to Sefo cut down on the mistakes, but other then the CSU game, I have a hard time saying Sefo's play was one of the top 3 reasons for a loss.

Guess we can always give Gehrke a shot, but that would be more of a final game of the season type thing, if that.

Two turnovers a week that cost your team are huge reasons he is part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so I understand some of the arguments, Sefo is likely to lead the league in interceptions and that is not a primary reason for our losses? Really?

Just so I understand some of the arguments, Sefo is likely to lead the league in interceptions and that is not a primary reason for our losses? Really?
I present the defense as evidence to the contrary

Back