What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am trying to be patient with Sefo

The defense is bad, but actually not the worst in the conference by far.You are giving the most important offensive player on a 2-7 team a complete pass. That confuses me.

Is Sefo the worst QB in the conference?

How do you keep feeding ANY RB the ball, let alone Adkins - when the QB passes the ball 50+ times?

I agree 110%, Adkins should have carried the ball 20+ times. I said that early in the 3rd quarter when he had 11 carries and was already over 100 yards. He finished with 13 carries. Stupid.
Agreed, but you were arguing earlier that we should change to a Stanford type offense. At least that's what I got from it. I disagree with that completely.

I would say no. But I would say he is in the bottom quarter, just like the defense. Seems both would be a big factor in losses.

It is strange for you to defend the defense and criticize Sefo when they are equally terrible.

It is strange for you to defend the defense and criticize Sefo when they are equally terrible.

Reaching... QB is a position, defense is a unit. You can't sub for a backup defense that could prove more effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.....but chicken and egg. How do we keep improving talent if we cannot win?

This.

Next year we could win 3 or 4 of the close games we lost this year, just due to player development/maturity. But getting over the .500 hump permanently will definitely take a significant upgrade in talent.

Key: Look at how fast CSU has been able to improve. Jim Mc can get JUCOs and transfers into his program easily, and you'll see the same thing up in Laramie after Bohl's first year when he can scout JUCO players with few limits. Programs like CU's, with self-imposed limits on talent upgrades, are in a fistfight with one hand tied behind their backs. The Bill Snyders, Gary Pattersons, and Art Briles are laughing all the way to the bank. I wish we were Stanford and could have our cake and eat it too, but we're not.

I'm not defending either. I think both have been big reasons for losses. I was merely responding to some posts putting all blame on the defense. I think we all know the defensive struggles (I have been updating the horrible stats every so often), but it would surprise some people if Sefo was actually put under the microscope, not nearly as impressive as you would think.

I'm not defending either. I think both have been big reasons for losses. I was merely responding to some posts putting all blame on the defense. I think we all know the defensive struggles (I have been updating the horrible stats every so often), but it would surprise some people if Sefo was actually put under the microscope, not nearly as impressive as you would think.

No microscope needed. He had flaws, could definitely play better, but he is the best qb we have had since Klatt.

No microscope needed. He had flaws, could definitely play better, but he is the best qb we have had since Klatt.
Just hoping someone pushes for the job in the Spring. Think it would do Sefo and the team a lot of good.

Reaching... QB is a position, defense is a unit. You can't sub for a backup defense that could prove more effective.

This is what fans, even well educated fans like Duff, tend to do when frustration sets in. You can't replace an entire LB unit or DL unit or OL unit. You can call for the QB to be replaced and since he is the one guy (other than the center) who touches the ball on every offensive play it makes some emotional sense.

No question that Sefo has had his faults this year and some of them are consistent enough to be maddening. The weekly perfect pass to the wide open LB or safety in the flat, the not seeing the wide (and I mean wide) open receiver in the end zone costing a TD (this week it was Tyler, not exactly a hard guy to see.) Other times it is just unforced mistakes like dropping the football when trying to pass today.

With all that he is a guy who on most PAC teams would be on the bench right now learning how to play. He has been thrown into a situation that he isn't ready for and that would overwhelm a lot of guys who have more experience.

What QB in the PAC would have this team with more than 2-3 league wins. That's much better than Sefo does but still nothing spectacular.

I want to see where he is after another spring ball and with a better OL in front of him. He could easily end up as a top 1/3 QB in the PAC, or he could stay about where he is now. My fear with him is that he is being shocked into some bad habits that will be hard to break.

If we want to have quality QB play we have to make the RS year for QBs a no compromise issue and then unless they are a superstar work them in instead of throwing them to the wolves.

I am not at all saying Sefo is the one and only problem on this team. I am saying he needs to shoulder a good portion of the blame though. We are 15-16 starts into his career, time for him to face some heat.

Our only options this year are Sefo and Gehrke. Apsay's RS is a must (agree with Mtn).

It won't matter who we go with the rest of the way, don't think either Jordan or Sefo are the answer. Sefo is a known commodity, Jordan would bring some excitement to the fans.

We need confidence and comfort in our QB. Line is part of the discussion. We are not there yet. Our QB must have superior vision of the field. Must. Have to. Gotta.

Just hoping someone pushes for the job in the Spring. Think it would do Sefo and the team a lot of good.

Agree. I just don't see who it is. Apsay? The Freshman? I have my doubts if the juco will stick around.

I'd like to see an open competition for the job, though.

I am not at all saying Sefo is the one and only problem on this team. I am saying he needs to shoulder a good portion of the blame though. We are 15-16 starts into his career, time for him to face some heat.

I'm eager to see how he reacts to some heat and pressure. There are bowl expectations in 2015.

If he's the guy I think he is, he's going to live in the S&C and film rooms this offseason.

Our only options this year are Sefo and Gehrke. Apsay's RS is a must (agree with Mtn).

It won't matter who we go with the rest of the way, don't think either Jordan or Sefo are the answer. Sefo is a known commodity, Jordan would bring some excitement to the fans.

You don't throw your captain starting QB under the bus and risk dividing your locker-room to appease a few knee-jerk reaction fans.

You don't throw your captain starting QB under the bus and risk dividing your locker-room to appease a few knee-jerk reaction fans.

The coaches will make the call. I honestly don't care if it is Sefo or Jordan since I wouldn't expect a huge difference in result. Not sold on Sefo being the guy the next two years, and I think it's a big assumption that pulling him is throwing him under the bus. A lot of teams play two QBs when one is proving ineffective. If we were 7-2 and he had a bad game I think calling for a change is knee jerk. He is 2-7 this year and we aren't bowl eligible.

If the team is behind Sefo than absolutely pulling him isn't the right call culturally, but if guys are frustrated it might be the right thing.

Anyone saying Sefo is the best QB since Klatt needs to reevaluate after today's game. I'd gladly trade Sefo for Hawkins or Hansen at this point. When he isn't turning the ball over, he's missing wide open throws or taking seven minutes to engineer scoring drives down two scores in the 4th quarter. He just isn't very good and his ceiling isn't much higher.

Anyone saying Sefo is the best QB since Klatt needs to reevaluate after today's game. I'd gladly trade Sefo for Hawkins or Hansen at this point. When he isn't turning the ball over, he's missing wide open throws or taking seven minutes to engineer scoring drives down two scores in the 4th quarter. He just isn't very good and his ceiling isn't much higher.

May God take pity on your soul.

Whoa, dude. I have been critical of Sefo, but I would prefer many other options before Cody or Tyler. I would say Sefo is more effective than most since Klatt, but that ain't saying a lot.

Back