1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can get on the JE bandwagon

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Gamble? Yes. Potential for great things? Also yes. Are we gonna get slammed in the press if this is the hire? Definitely. Will that matter in living rooms? Not so much.

The key is if the rumored staff comes through. That staff is lights out amazing. If not... :scared2::wow::doh::facepalm::uglyhammer::sucks:

2. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

the rumored staff blows. You hire an inexperienced HC and surround him with this? If you go inexperienced, at least you HAVE to take the guy who will make an impression in recruiting.

The OC is Bienemy? We are hearing it's not.
    The DC is a guy who was our DB coach a year ago.

How does one get excited here?

3. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Snowbuff did say IF.

This hire would excite NOBODY. The only way I could fathom this is if EB and some of the others are on the staff. As to your greg brown as DC comment, I agree, meh..

4. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

exactly.. Stop drinking the kool-aid Snow. Embree is like a C list candidate. Heck I rather have the Bama OC than him.

EB has a chance to be a head coach in the NFL. He isn't going to take a job as a college OC..
    Greg Brown sucks. Our defense was awful (did we forget the blown lead vs Okie State when he "allegedly" was running the defense according to the insiders) last year.

Hell Walt Harris might be a better hire as a head coach than Embree.

5. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Yeah, Walt Harris of "California University of Pennsylvania".....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Harris

Do you really think he'd move to Boulder?

I like the part where players find him difficult to work with.... WTF?

6. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

JimmyBuff said: exactly.. Stop drinking the kool-aid Snow. Embree is like a C list candidate. Heck I rather have the Bama OC than him.

EB has a chance to be a head coach in the NFL. He isn't going to take a job as a college OC..
    Greg Brown sucks. Our defense was awful (did we forget the blown lead vs Okie State when he "allegedly" was running the defense according to the insiders) last year.

Seriously? Your drinking some koolaid too if you think that is possible....I like EB but c'mon man

7. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

8. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

If it comes down to EB and Embree, Embree is my choice as head coach. 20 years of coaching exprience in both NCAA and NFL football while EB has just 10 years of coaching exprience. Embree has coached on offense, defense, and ST while EB has only done offense. Given the NFL labor issues and the potential for serious coaching turnover in the NFL, EB could get a NFL HC job sooner than we expect. With Embree, he was the assistant HC at UCLA as well.

And weren't we saying Bill Who back in 1982?

9. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

True. Ok, if Embree is hired I will give him some time----while drinking heavily and cleaning my guns. And muttering curses under my breath like Yosemite Sam......

10. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

The press slamming CU for hiring Embree? Nope.

They'll probably scratch their heads, yawn, and take a nap. This hire will take CU so far off the national map that Boulder will need its own time zone. Some FCS program is going to be really bummed that we snapped up one of their B-list candidates.

11. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I wonder if the mulling it over thing is about what EB will do. i wonder if Embree is willing to let EB be HC is he is OC? Why else would he mull it over? I don't get that. You don't have that many options dude.

12. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/gameflash/2009/11/19/40637_recap.html

Weeden and Blackmon's coming out party.

Try and spin it all you want, but 11 pts on the road in the Hawk era is too small of a lead. You need something like 35 pts.

13. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

:rofl: Yeah we'll see. I know this no one has been banging the door to hire Jon Embree.