What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I can't stop thinking about how HUGE the Hawai'i game is.

I've said that numerous times but always got insulted or called out for something else. Doesn't bother me but glad to see that I am not the only one who noticed that.

By the way Boulder, I'm glad you were some all knowing, all powerful, and perfect 19 year old. Will you teach me your ways?

Hey man how else ya gonna learn unless someone slaps ya upside the head?

Creatini may be young and say some dumb stuff.... BUT would you have been so harsh had anyone said this but Creatini (or BCS)? They can be annoying at times, but come on I've seen many a negative comment towards those two that others would not have been given had it not been those two. Just to play devils advocate here.

Normally I'd make a joke about 'tini liking the abuse and that it runs in the family, but in this case...ah what the hell!

'tini likes the abuse--it runs in the family. Except for his Grandmother and she's a saint, and I'll fight anybody who says otherwise.

If 'Tini is anything like me, he's got at least 14 more years of a-hole. then a decade of being aware of being an a-hole, then, death.

You didn't take my bait....ummm hurricane fans, that was all set up for you man!

I've done my best to put that experience out of my memory. The Orange Bowl was like a freaking war zone that day. Fistfights breaking out, people shoving each other. It was nasty.

I've said that numerous times but always got insulted or called out for something else. Doesn't bother me but glad to see that I am not the only one who noticed that.

By the way Boulder, I'm glad you were some all knowing, all powerful, and perfect 19 year old. Will you teach me your ways?

I prefer to let you wallow in mediocrity with delusions that you actually know what the **** you are talking about.

I prefer to let you wallow in mediocrity with delusions that you actually know what the **** you are talking about
Yup because replacing their whole O line is nothing to do and they should be a great unit come September 3rd or whatever it is. Imagine what people would be saying if CU had to replace a whole O line, a 1000 yard rusher and receiver, upper class men or not many of these kids will be playing their first full game against a BCS team with experience on the D line and LB position.

Yup because replacing their whole O line is nothing to do and they should be a great unit come September 3rd or whatever it is. Imagine what people would be saying if CU had to replace a whole O line, a 1000 yard rusher and receiver, upper class men or not many of these kids will be playing their first full game against a BCS team with experience on the D line and LB position.

BB: 'tini actually showed some balls here, while additionally outlining a coherant argument. You gotta give him some credit.

It will not be the smoothest transition, but if you have a QB, you are already well ahead of the game. Replacing a 1,000 yard receiver in Hawaii's offense is a regular occurrence. The RB may be more difficult to replace.

And our front seven has a lot to prove as well, so I do not consider it a huge mismatch on paper. Maybe I am wrong, but I would be happy to see the defense hold them under 30. In the end, it is all going to down to whether the offense can take several steps forward anyway.

P.S.-You actually made a decent post here.

It will not be the smoothest transition, but if you have a QB, you are already well ahead of the game. Replacing a 1,000 yard receiver in Hawaii's offense is a regular occurrence. The RB may be more difficult to replace.

And our front seven has a lot to prove as well, so I do not consider it a huge mismatch on paper. Maybe I am wrong, but I would be happy to see the defense hold them under 30. In the end, it is all going to down to whether the offense can take several steps forward anyway.

P.S.-You actually made a decent post here.

Hawaii has the top returning WR in the WAC, Royce Pollard

Hawaii has the top returning WR in the WAC, Royce Pollard

True, but Royce was only 3rd on his own team last year, and Hawaii lost the other 5 of their top 6 along with everybody else except for 1 O-line and qb. They only have 3 returning starters on O. Our front 7 better have a field day with their O-line.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think Embo is playing this very well. I know we have been bad on the road, but the more I read about the loses Hawaii took from last year's team, the more I like our chances. We come out with a ball control run based offense that eats the clock to keep thiS a lower scoring game the better off we will be. If, and it is a big if, our defensive front 7 can take advantage of the inexperienced o line, we could make this a long day for the Rainbows. If this was the third game, I would be more concerned but we get them out of the gate. I am beginning to like our chances more and more in this game.

It's huge in that a loss probably ends any bowl hopes before they even started, and it would certainly be huge to get this ****ing annoying road losing streak off our backs and gain some confidence for road games in the Pac. The good news is we're catching Hawaii at the best possible time - they're replacing a ton of starters and their high powered offense is going to take a few weeks to jel. Buffs need to keep it simple - get physical, run the ball and dominate TOP. Hawaii's D is going to be porous and Hansen should be able to catch them off-gaurd and get some nice passes once the run gets established. Hopefully our D is up to the task of bending but not breaking and and leaves the Islands with confidence in knowing that they can withstand the passing barrages they're destined to face in league play. Early, not-so-final prediction: Typical first game with sloppiness in all aspects: Buffs 27 'Bows 25

Everytime I talk Buffs wins this season with anyone it turns into. "well if they beat Hawaii i can see 7 wins, if not it could be ugly"
Scary how important this game feels

As important as the Hawaii game is, for all of the reasons outlined above, I actually think the Cal game the next week will give us a better sense for what the season could end up looking like. Although Cal has had some road woes of their own, talent wise, they are solidly in the middle of the Pac-12. If we can beat them, I think it bodes well for us playing against the UCLAs, Zonas and Washingtons of the world.

While I'd love to think that this game is going in the W column, I'm worried. Hawaii might have some new folks, but so do we... we are replacing two starting DBs on a defense that left tons to be desired last year. I have painful visions of Hawaii running 1-step WR screens for 10 yards each over and over and over again or the offense putting us in 1st and 15->20->25 by jumping offsides or getting procedure penalties repeatedly. I believe that JE and co can eventually fix these things, but given inertia, we might be expecting too much asking for him to do it in one game. Later in the season I expect to see a team that is much more disciplined and physical than any we've had for years.

As important as the Hawaii game is, for all of the reasons outlined above, I actually think the Cal game the next week will give us a better sense for what the season could end up looking like. Although Cal has had some road woes of their own, talent wise, they are solidly in the middle of the Pac-12. If we can beat them, I think it bodes well for us playing against the UCLAs, Zonas and Washingtons of the world.

Cal will be a test for sure. They have some weapons at WR to test our secondary, but they also have major question marks at QB and RB. They also have really good athletes all over the place on defense and their front seven will provide a test for our OL, but their are some questions in their secondary that we may be able to exploit with Richardson/Clemons.

I think we squeak one out in Hawaii and figure out some things to fix and Cal comes in thinking about how easy it was last year and they Ralphied.

While I'd love to think that this game is going in the W column, I'm worried. Hawaii might have some new folks, but so do we... we are replacing two starting DBs on a defense that left tons to be desired last year. I have painful visions of Hawaii running 1-step WR screens for 10 yards each over and over and over again or the offense putting us in 1st and 15->20->25 by jumping offsides or getting procedure penalties repeatedly. I believe that JE and co can eventually fix these things, but given inertia, we might be expecting too much asking for him to do it in one game. Later in the season I expect to see a team that is much more disciplined and physical than any we've had for years.

Ironically, I take comfort from this. We had 2 NFL corners last year, including a 1st rounder and possibly the best corner in the draft, and finished near dead last in passing defense. I think, if the push from the front 7 is going to be as improved as we think it might be, we might see a substantial increase in pass D statistics. I think this will be another example of how effective good coaching can be.

4b2008ca-012e-4b93.jpg

I am beginning to think Embo is playing this very well. I know we have been bad on the road, but the more I read about the loses Hawaii took from last year's team, the more I like our chances. We come out with a ball control run based offense that eats the clock to keep thiS a lower scoring game the better off we will be. If, and it is a big if, our defensive front 7 can take advantage of the inexperienced o line, we could make this a long day for the Rainbows. If this was the third game, I would be more concerned but we get them out of the gate. I am beginning to like our chances more and more in this game.
I agree we are gonna try to run their ass into ground and keep our D off the field as much as possible. Probably a good idea cause the secondary scares me, we gotta have guys step up quickly. However, Id love to see us PA and go deep on the first play to PRich or Clemons. Nothing wrong with going PA on the first play when we are gonna be a run first team the majority of the time. Think the balance will come as the season goes. Id like to go deep just to let them know we arent afraid to take a shot and catch them slippin. No 3 yd out lol.

warriorsun: July 31st, 2011 at 2:50 pmaustin hansen is not listed on the first two teams bc he wont be eligible until midseason.except for brett leonard (lg) we have an inexperienced, untested, undefined, Oline comprised of 5th year seniors and r/s frosh. this is not a reload. it is an improvision. more like throwing something on the wall and seeing what sticks. it will be interesting and if shaw can jerry-rig a competent OL crew--he will have earned his pay two-times over.
This is from random Internet post, so take it FWIW. Also read that their offense may rely on dink and dunk routes, since they lack the proven break away receivers from last year. Moniz pitched nearly 40 TDs last year and they're at home, so there's no reason for over confidence given the youth in the Buffs secondary.

One thing CU did very well against UH last year was stopping the run. UH couldn't run the ball to save their life. With an inexperienced O-Line and new running back, I expect that may be the case again this year.

Ironically, I take comfort from this. We had 2 NFL corners last year, including a 1st rounder and possibly the best corner in the draft, and finished near dead last in passing defense.

Actually this proves how stoopid the Giants are.....

Hawaii and Cal will set the tone for the season, to be sure. Hawaii is on the road against a typically-dominant passing attack, the Buffs just put two corners in the NFL, and we don't have a proven pass rush (although I think the talent may be there). Cal embarrassed us last season.

I certainly hope the new staff does better on the road than Hawkins, at any rate: auto-loss in a full half of our games each season got old pretty quickly. They both are winnable games, IMO, but I wouldn't go so far as to predict a blowout in either one.

Hello Buffs,Another Warrior fan here. I find it interesting that most fans for UH and CU think the game is going to be an easy win for their respective schools. I'm predicting a UH win only because I'm a UH fan. I have yet to actually look at who's really returning for the Buffs. What I do know is that UH is replacing just about the entire oline this year like they did last year. They put up over 500 yards in the opener against USC. The difference between last year and this year is that the oline has more talent and depth. Minus austin hanson, there are actually 2 returning players with meaningful playing time. Lefiti and leonard were both labled starters after spring 2010. Lefiti, the starting center, found out that he had broken his foot in the spring game and would require surgery. He sat out the first few games before rotating in every other series with Ginlack.Leonard got injured in practice the week of the USC game. He ended up playing only 5 games with one start. Both are back and healthy.I'm not too worried about our rb situation, because we have a couple of big backs sterling jackson (6'2", 220) and joey iosefa (6'0",245)that can run and block in this system.I'm worried about the recievers, but in recent years there has always been people who step up. I'm more concerned with moniz' health. If he is fine, UH is fine offensively. In fact, the only losing seasons UH has had since 1999 have been when they started a new QB for most of the year.

Back